August 5th 2013 ~ 7-Night Alaskan Cruise on Disney Wonder

We are so excited to be joining you on the cruise! It will be me and my fiancee/husband sailing along with our families as we are having our wedding on board. We have been on the Dream before but it is our first time on the Wonder.

cruisn2castaway said:
We are so excited to be joining you on the cruise! It will be me and my fiancee/husband sailing along with our families as we are having our wedding on board. We have been on the Dream before but it is our first time on the Wonder.

Welcome aboard. Happy to hear there are more newly weds on this cruise. My DF & I are getting married July 27 back home in Virginia and are taking this cruise as our honeymoon as well.

For those not on facebook ..... we've been watching this documentary in the UK over the last two days. It's absolutely fantastic and I can't recommend it enough. It's airing in the US on Discovery on May 12th if anyone's interested.

Hi Everyone!

We will be joining everyone on this cruise. My name is Kim (43) and I will be traveling with my dh Tom (43) and our three kids. Matt (14), Sarah (13) and Luke (9). This trip is a once in a lifetime dream trip with my parents who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.

We are flying into Vancouver one day prior and we will be staying at the Fairmont Waterfront hotel. We have never sailed with Disney before. All of us adults have been on Caribbean cruises on other lines. My kids have never cruised before.

Has anyone decided to book a fishing excursion? My dh and oldest son would love to do some ocean fishing. They have never experienced that before.

We would love to be part of the FE group. I requested to join the FB page and have filled out the Google Doc. I do need more info about what exactly is the FE process? We are new to Disney cruising.

Thanks!
~Kim in MN

Hi Everyone!

We will be joining everyone on this cruise. My name is Kim (43) and I will be traveling with my dh Tom (43) and our three kids. Matt (14), Sarah (13) and Luke (9). This trip is a once in a lifetime dream trip with my parents who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.

We are flying into Vancouver one day prior and we will be staying at the Fairmont Waterfront hotel. We have never sailed with Disney before. All of us adults have been on Caribbean cruises on other lines. My kids have never cruised before.

Has anyone decided to book a fishing excursion? My dh and oldest son would love to do some ocean fishing. They have never experienced that before.

We would love to be part of the FE group. I requested to join the FB page and have filled out the Google Doc. I do need more info about what exactly is the FE process? We are new to Disney cruising.

Thanks!
~Kim in MN

Welcome Kim

There's definitely more activity on the Facebook group...

In terms of FE - I've been involved in quite a few and have seen quite a bit of variety.

The general idea is that sometime during the cruise, you walk through the ship and drop small gifts into the fish extenders of other people on the list.

Some people drop one gift per cabin, others do gifts for each person in the cabin, sometimes customizing based on the ages of the recipients. I'm personally in the one per cabin group - it's much simpler.

Some people create very nice custom gifts, others do something that reflects where they come from. When I did my first Panama Canal crossing, I bought gifts in bulk on Oriental trading (there were over 140 cabins in the group, and you had to remember to empty your fish extender several times a day - so much stuff was coming in). I'm sure this group will be considerably more manageable :-)

Dan

Thank you for setting this up as I am "one of those" who is not on FB! :) I think I filled out the Google Docs correctly. My kids really enjoyed the FE exchange last time so I know they will want to take part in it again!

Can't believe I missed this yesterday!!!

:cheer2: :yay: :cheer2: Three months until we set sail!!! :cheer2: :yay: :cheer2:

Who's getting excited? ;)

Fingers crossed and pixie dust pixiedust:for anyone who can book things tomorrow ..... I'm hoping for a Palo brunch.

Fingers crossed and pixie dust pixiedust:for anyone who can book things tomorrow ..... I'm hoping for a Palo brunch.

LOL! I am one of those who can "book things tomorrow" and my friend mentioned the same thing about Palo brunch. Too funny!

Any recommendations on excursions in Juneau and Ketchikan?

My name is Jan and my DD, Lindsey 10 and I will be joining this cruise. I just sent over my info for the FE and a request to join the facebook group.

Hi! :wave2:

This will be my first cruise ever, of any kind, and I am sooooo excited!! :yay:

My name is Audrey, and it will just be me and my 9 (almost ten, he'd want me to point that out lol!) year old son, hubby's choosing to sit this one out if you can believe that! :sad2:

I was so happy to hear about this message board, and look forward to meeting my fellow cruisers before we set sail! Oh, and a friend of mine told me I should sign up for the Fish Extender, so I just did that -- even though I don't have a clue what that is!! LOL! :)

LOL! I am one of those who can "book things tomorrow" and my friend mentioned the same thing about Palo brunch. Too funny!

Any recommendations on excursions in Juneau and Ketchikan?
Hi, did you book your Palo brunch? We're going on the last sea day, I'm really looking forward to it. :goodvibes

My name is Jan and my DD, Lindsey 10 and I will be joining this cruise. I just sent over my info for the FE and a request to join the facebook group.

Hi! :wave2:

This will be my first cruise ever, of any kind, and I am sooooo excited!! :yay:

My name is Audrey, and it will just be me and my 9 (almost ten, he'd want me to point that out lol!) year old son, hubby's choosing to sit this one out if you can believe that! :sad2:

I was so happy to hear about this message board, and look forward to meeting my fellow cruisers before we set sail! Oh, and a friend of mine told me I should sign up for the Fish Extender, so I just did that -- even though I don't have a clue what that is!! LOL! :)

A huge :welcome: to you both. :)

Hi everyone,

DH and I will be on the 8/5 cruise with our sons, 13 and (turning) 11. We'll also be traveling with my husband's parents, brother, SIL, and our nephew (6). We've very excited for our first-ever cruise.

I've been scouring the DIS boards for info as I'm a planner in the extreme. ;-) So far, we have our port excursions booked (Best of Juneau, White Pass RR and Glacier Helicopter in Skagway, Lumberjack show in Ketchikan) one brunch and one dinner in Palo, and a couple's villa spa treatment as an anniversary surprise for DH.

I'm terribly excited for the cruise -- it seems right around the corner!

Amy

Hi, did you book your Palo brunch? We're going on the last sea day, I'm really looking forward to it. :goodvibes

A huge :welcome: to you both. :)

Hi Ware Bears!

YES, we got our brunch booked, also on the second day at sea - hope to see you there! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter