August 31, 2013- FANTASY 7 Night Western Caribbean

Have fun everyone! We decided to do a 4 night Bahamian cruise and then a resort stay. If we absolutely love the cruise then we'll go for a longer cruise next year.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Going on our 2nd cruise - 8/31. Me and my son, age 22. I sent a request to join the fb group too.

Hi everyone! We just change our dummy date and booked this cruise!! It will be me (Dennis), DW(Monica) and DD (Madison 11) 5th Disney Cruise for us and that means that we will become Gold CC members! :cool1: We are US citizens but traveling from Madrid, Spain. Can't wait to get to chat and get to know you all! We would love to participate in the FE exchange!! I have sent a request to join the FB group as well! Is it August yet? :yay:

Hello

We just booked this cruise for myself (Melissa) and DH (Matt). We went on the same cruise last year that left September 1.

We are super excited!

Hi all!

We just booked this cruise and we are so excited! This will be our first cruise! We live in So Cali and have Disneyland AP and have been to Disneyland/DisneySea in Tokyo! We are all disney nuts!

Cruising will be me, Sue, hubby, Steve, my youngest Daughter Sarah and her hubby Tim and two DGD's, Kadie 9 and Molly 5!

We want to join the fun with the FE and get to know everyone! I will be asking to join the FB page!

Sue

Hello everyone. Joining here! Going on my 1st DC with a good friend of mine! Looking forward to it. Hoping to love it as much as I love WDW :) Mickey usually doesn't disappoint!

My wife(29), me(31) , daughter(4), Son(13) will be on the Disney Fantasy August 31 cruise. (ages are at time of cruise, if you do the math you'll know we started young!) ;)
We have a 05E category room.
We'll be visiting WDW 5 nights before the cruise.

How we travel
We like to do at least 1 family vacation and 1 no kids vacation per year.
Wife and I just got back from the Eastern Carribbean during valentines week.
Our Last Family trip was island hopping by plane in Hawaii for a month(May).

Our Disney Cruise Experience
This will be our very first family cruise. That being said I have lots of questions. For starters what is an FE? Are all dinner tables shared? What deck will my room be on? Are all 05E rooms aft? I have more Q's hopefully I came to the right site to help us out. Someone here was looking for computer advice which I will gladly help with in exchange for some answers to my tough Disney Cruise Questions :) (software engineer by trade).

I look forward to seeing everyone on the ship and in port in exactly half a year's time!! :beach:

My wife(29), me(31) , daughter(4), Son(13) will be on the Disney Fantasy August 31 cruise. (ages are at time of cruise, if you do the math you'll know we started young!) ;)

How we travel

This will be our very first family cruise. That being said I have lots of questions. For starters what is an FE? Are all dinner tables shared? What deck will my room be on? Are all 05E rooms aft? I have more Q's hopefully I came to the right site to help us out. Someone here was looking for computer advice which I will gladly help with in exchange for some answers to my tough Disney Cruise Questions :) (software engineer by trade).

I look forward to seeing everyone on the ship and in port in exactly half a year's time!! :beach:

Hi there! You should join the Facebook group (link is on first page of this thread). There's about 30 of us there and you'll get answers to any questions you might have. My fiance (will be husband when we cruise) is a physicist who is going back to school for engineering so you guys will probably have a lot to talk about! As for your questions...yes, all 5Es are aft (we are booked in one too). They have huge verandahs. I am very excited. :) Most dinner tables are shared, occasionally you'll get your own but that's not common. We were nervous about sitting with strangers on our last cruise but we all got along very well!

How we travel

Welcome!! You are going to love DCL as a family vacation!! FE exchange is so much fun. Think of it in comparison to Secret Santa. If you do a search in the DCL forum, you can get lots of posts about it. On my first cruise, my family of four sat by ourselves. On our last cruise we sat with another family. If you want to sit by yourselves, you can always request that with Disney. They don't always honor every request, but they do their best!!
Feel free to ask as many questions as you want!! We will all do our best to answer them for you!!

Thanks for the warm welcome jessa07 & alamere1496.

jessa07: That is soo cool that your hubby is going for engineering :cool2: .He should breeze thru it since he's already a physicist. Those guys (and gals) are very bright.
Thanks for the info about the 05E category staterooms. I feel more at ease now

Even though I work in software, and everyone I know has one, I myself closed my facebook account (go figure) so I won't be able to login there. But my wife has one and I will tell her about it.

alamere1496: My wife is the one who usually wants dinner alone, I don't mind meeting people and sharing, but I like to say a happy wife makes a happy life. So I might just have to inquire about it.

Now come the questions

My daughter absolutely hates wrist bands and removes them. If there is any wiggle at all, she will remove it somehow. If it's too tight she will be crabby no matter where she is (even disney). What do I do about the GPS band disney puts on kids??

I booked late dining (on purpose), is it really 8:30 seating or is it a bit earlier? I'm looking for an argument why I made a smart choice and why I made a bad choice and should go with early dining. Based on either argument, I will make a final decision. I was thinking to book early and then switch it to late if I did not like early. Thoughts and oppinions are always welcome.

Believe me I have more questions. One can never be too prepared. Thanks guys and gals!
:goofy:.

David29 said:
Now come the questions

My daughter absolutely hates wrist bands and removes them. If there is any wiggle at all, she will remove it somehow. If it's too tight she will be crabby no matter where she is (even disney). What do I do about the GPS band disney puts on kids??

I booked late dining (on purpose), is it really 8:30 seating or is it a bit earlier? I'm looking for an argument why I made a smart choice and why I made a bad choice and should go with early dining. Based on either argument, I will make a final decision. I was thinking to book early and then switch it to late if I did not like early. Thoughts and oppinions are always welcome.

Believe me I have more questions. One can never be too prepared. Thanks guys and gals!

i have seen some kids with the band around their ankles. Some kids find it easier there than on their wrist. My son has never had a problem with it at all, and he is usually the one complaining about wrist bands.

I LOVE late dining. Yes, it is late, but it makes me less stressed about getting back to the ship on time when we are on excursions. I love the main dining rooms, so I don't want to miss a dinner there. Late dining gives you time to see a port of call and get back to the ship in time to get dressed at a normal pace. Who wants to feel rushed on vacation? Plus, the kids club staff will come by around 9:00 to see if any kids want to leave and go to the club with them. (which my son did most nights). It just works for us. :)

Can anyone give me the Facebook link for this cruise. I just moved our booked date to the Fantasy for August 31st.
We've done two cruises both on the Wonder. First one we did was late dinner second one was the early. I personally like the early seating. Dinner starts on time. If your dinner mates are late it can push your meal back because they try to serve everyone together. I love sitting with other people.
The wristband was an issue for my daughter on the last cruise. You can cut it off in the evenings and have then put it back on when she goes on. We finally moved it to her ankle. It was a little bit better. Remember to bring a photo mat or pillowcase for signatures. Sooooo much better then dealing with autograph book.

Just booked this, our second Disney Cruise!!! Stateroom 8572!!!

We are the Hunter Family, from Newark, DE.

Me, hubster and DS 11. We might do the FE if it is in small groups. I also just requested to join the FB page. Thanks!

flyersfan1129 said:
Just booked this, our second Disney Cruise!!! Stateroom 8572!!!

We are the Hunter Family, from Newark, DE.

Me, hubster and DS 11. We might do the FE if it is in small groups. I also just requested to join the FB page. Thanks!

What was your first cruise?

Hi there, we just got off the wonder a week ago and already transfer our dummy dates to this cruise. DH thinks is too long a wait but DD7 can't miss any more school, I will like to do the FE if is not too big.
Sailing with you: me (47) DD 7 and DH, we will like to meet other families with kids around my daughter age

David29 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome jessa07 & alamere1496.

jessa07: That is soo cool that your hubby is going for engineering :cool2: .He should breeze thru it since he's already a physicist. Those guys (and gals) are very bright.
Thanks for the info about the 05E category staterooms. I feel more at ease now

Even though I work in software, and everyone I know has one, I myself closed my facebook account (go figure) so I won't be able to login there. But my wife has one and I will tell her about it.

alamere1496: My wife is the one who usually wants dinner alone, I don't mind meeting people and sharing, but I like to say a happy wife makes a happy life. So I might just have to inquire about it.

Now come the questions

We have previously requested a table alone, this year I think we want table mates.

Bring a small pair of scissors and cut off the and when the kids aren't in the club, they will bring a new band each time you go, just don't lose it or they will make you pay for it.

Welcome to all our new families!! I just want to let you know that I am the contact person for the FE. We are limiting the group to 25 rooms and will start a second group if we need to. Currently, we have 16 rooms participating.
We are also planning a private mixology class. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us. It is $15 per person and as we get more information, I will get you all of the details.
If you are not over on the Facebook page, you should come over and join us there as well. Lots of fun stuff going on there as well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter