• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AUGUST 3, 2013--FANTASY 7 night WESTERN

Hope we can have a group meet on the first day onboard!
I think from previous cruises that we usually end up running from the muster drill straight to the sail away party, so meeting after the drill inside in D lounge may not work too well. Don't they still have the party right after the drill?? If that's right, maybe we could pick a spot on deck 11 to meet overlooking the sail away party (a spot like deck 11 starboard overlooking the Donald pool, for example...) That way if the party starts we can still be finding folks and meet up. The pool deck (I think the pools are down on deck 10) will be too packed to meet anyone once the party starts.
Wherever we meet, let everyone know where the meet will be so we can come too and say Hi!!
19 weeks and counting!!

Things were very iffy for us for a while. DH got a new job in NC, and with moving and househunting expenses, we weren't sure we'd have the funds. But cleaning out the couch, I found just enough change to make it!:dance3:

Looking forward to getting into planning again.

Lisa

Getting very excited now as we start to get closer . It is great to see more and more people joining the FE group. Now that I am starting to sort out my FE gifts properly can I just check whether we are doing gifts per person or per stateroom. I assume it is per person and that is what I am thinking I would do anyway but just wondered what other people are thinking.

Getting very excited now as we start to get closer . It is great to see more and more people joining the FE group. Now that I am starting to sort out my FE gifts properly can I just check whether we are doing gifts per person or per stateroom. I assume it is per person and that is what I am thinking I would do anyway but just wondered what other people are thinking.

You can either do per person or per stateroom, whichever you want to do. If you are doing per stateroom please make sure that you include a gift for each stateroom, not family. If you have two staterooms for your family then that would mean you would give two gifts as well as receive two, does that make sense? We have several families traveling with multiple staterooms. Thanks!

FISH EXTENDER GROUP

Let me just give an example, for our last cruise it was just DH and I. I wanted to make something a little more costly and time consuming that hopefully most people would be able to use/share so I made only one gift per stateroom. I made a tote bag filled with some local candy (salt water taffy from the great salt lake).

IMG_8208.jpg

IMG_8210.jpg

Individual gifts are also great and can be smaller. I'd love to see examples of what you have done in the past (unless you are doing it again) ;)

lgcountry said:
We live in Crewe, Va (middle of nowhere actually, about 2 hours north of Raleigh, NC). We love to travel, and anywhere Disney is our favorite. We've been DVC members since 2007. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, and today is actually the one year anniversary of our 5 day Dream Cruise.

DS Michael was 14 last year, and had a wonderful time in Vibe. We almost never saw him except at dinner, and a couple of times on Castaway Cay.

Next planned Disney trip is to WDW for just Greg and I October 14-19 for the F&W Festival. We will be staying at Bay Lake Tower for that trip.

Michael is excited that there are so many his age going. Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next 13 months!

Lisa

I went to Longwood in Farmvillle! My husband went to HSC!

We finally booked our flights and we are staying at BWV for two nihts after our cruise! Cannot wait! Next step is booking Palo and excursions....anyone evr book a golf excursion on grand cayman or know anyone who has...my son wants to play and my dh will play with him.

Happy Easter!

I have just booked this cruise for myself, my three children and my mother.

Any guidance on how to use these forums would be great!

I'm overwhelmed with all the info so far... from fish extenders to passports... it's a lot to take in!

Look forward to meeting you ALL!

Renee

Hi Everyone,

I joined the group awhile ago, but just catching up on the posts.

Renee we are in the same boat (or ship :hyper:), this is our first time joining a cruise group and I'm not familiar with the FE ....

I've been checking out shore excursions, so far we've booked jet ski adventure to String-ray City, Grand Caymens.

Really looking forward to our cruise & meeting the group!

Shelly

Hi everyone,

Getting closer and closer to our much anticipated cruise :banana: soon we will be down to double figures which will be lovely.

I have started to do some serious planning now for the Fish Extender gifts. This is our first time participating in an FE so want to make sure I get it right!

I am not on Facebook though my daughter Rachel (16) is hoping to join via her F/B page and hopefully she will also be able to join the teen FB group.
I have compiled a list of everyone participating in the FE by age according to the following categories:
Men
Women
Teenage girls (13+)
Teenage boys (13+)
Tween girls (8-12)
Tween boys (8-12)
Younger girls (7 and under)
Younger boys (7 and under)

I then added the totals so far to help me start to get an idea of numbers needed in each category and we have so far...

12 men
18 women
9 teen girls
5 teen boys
5 tween girls (8-12)
8 tween boys (8-12)
2 younger girls (aged 6 and 7)
2 younger boys (aged 2 and 4)

Plus I have 3 people that I am not sure whether they are boys/girls
(Sidney and Sholeh both aged 12) and Jackie who I am not sure about.

For those doing 1 gift per stateroom I make it currently 22 staterooms.

This is definitely going to help me with my FE planning. I know that these figures may well change between now and then but it is a good starting point. If anyone spots any errors or can let me know about the 3 unknown genders then let me know too. If anyone would like the word document emailed to them then let me know via PM.

Nicola

Ok 119 day's until our cruise sets sails.

I'm still looking into joining on a very cheap scale. Your present will be something exclusive but cheap from the Disneyland Resort in California. :D It's my first time I'm doing this gift exchange.

I'm only doing this because of my DCL friends on facebook. I met someone while visiting the Disneyland Resort who actually did this.

Whoever is in charge of this group or thread. Make sure you add me and my family to the list.

Here's my stateroom number #8088 Category 4B.

My Auntie Judy
Kyle Age 23
Brandon Age 21
Spencer Age 17

You can find me on facebook. It's really easy just find Brandon Chang and I'm with Mickey Mouse at the Royal Member Gathering Monday for Disney Vacation Club members. I'm from Southern California.

FISH EXTENDER GROUP

Let me just give an example, for our last cruise it was just DH and I. I wanted to make something a little more costly and time consuming that hopefully most people would be able to use/share so I made only one gift per stateroom. I made a tote bag filled with some local candy (salt water taffy from the great salt lake).

IMG_8208.jpg

IMG_8210.jpg

Individual gifts are also great and can be smaller. I'd love to see examples of what you have done in the past (unless you are doing it again) ;)

I love those bags. What a great idea. I don't have any pictures of my gift. However, I like to scrapbook so I bought some study paper photo frames and put all the information regarding the cruise on them, along with decorations of Disney characters and a picture of the ship. I'm not that crafty but I thought they came out well.

Thanks for your kind greetings! :) In all honesty, I don't have much vacation time (yet) this year, so our honeymoon is basically all there is except public holidays... and summer is not quite filled with those either. ;-) So thinking of this cruise keeps me going... I think this displays how I feel inside --> :banana:

DH paid our cruise today! Made two PALO reservations (brunch and dinner). NOW I'm excited! Lucy pixiedust::cool1::beach:

Our Cruise is going to be so much fun!

Does anyone have any more ideas on our cruise meet? Where it should be? When will it occur? etc.

I went to Longwood in Farmvillle! My husband went to HSC!

That is so cool! Someone who actually has heard of where we live! Where are you now?

By the time the cruise gets here, we will be back in NC, near Albemarle in another small town called Norwood! Paid the cruise off today!

Lisa

Hi
Just wondering, are you a Castaway Club member? Is that why you are able to book reservations ? Thanks

We have reached Platinum status (this will be our 11th cruise with Disney), were able to make reservations early. We WERE quite surprised, though, that we couldn't add our friends to our PALO reservations (only 2 of them)....but they have only sailed 4 tiimes with Disney and will need to make their reservations on board.

Any other questions:confused3, please ask.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter