AUGUST 3, 2013--FANTASY 7 night WESTERN

Been so busy I completely forgot to sign on. We booked this cruise while on the Dream in 2011 we did a b2b with the kids a four and a five day. This will be our 7th family cruise.

Me Jack 70
Wife Mary 71

Son Larry 47
Wife Ginny 44
Son Kyle 18

Daughter Rebecca 37
Son in Law Jerry 38
Son Ian 6
Son Owen 4

WELCOME WELCOME to our new friends !!! :grouphug:

It's nice to see that our group is getting bigger !!! :dance3:

:flower3: Now it would be nice to exchange dreams and plans about our FANTASY adventure , don't you all agree ? :idea:

I recall from past cruises HOW NICE IT IS TO COME ACROSS FACES YOU KNOW , PEOPLE YOU FEEL LIKE FRIENDS !!! Some cruises there were fun meetings , like The CABINS tour !!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

WELCOME TO THE WEEKEND everyone !!
Is someone up to something special ?

:wave2: laura

Welcome!

No exciting plans for this weekend. I want to start decorating for Christmas. We went to the movies yesterday and saw Cloud Atlas. Really enjoyed it.

Hi Everyone! My family and I will joining you all on this cruise!! We are very excited.:banana:

We are:
DH-Tim
Me-Dawn
DS-Steven-17
DD-Mackenzie-12

We would love to join the fish extender group as well.

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We were on the Wonder in Alaska in 2011 and the Magic this past summer.

We're looking forward to meeting all of you!

Welcome!!!

My DS will be almost 16 and then there are 4 in my group that will be age 12 (two boys and two girls).

Where are you from? I am in North Carolina.

Hello fellow Fantasy Cruisers!

Just finished reading the 8 pages of posts.

My family and I are from Burlington, NC (near Durham) My family is:

Me (Michelle) -45
DH (Dave) - 47
DS (16)
DS (11)

We will be in 2 cabins: 6552 & 6554

Responding to older posts, my husband is from Hawaii and we would love to go to Italy. We love Charlotte, particularly Carowinds!

Just celebrated my 45th birthday in November at Animal Kingdom Lodge in WDW.

I would like to join your facebook page and join the Fish Extender Exchange.

Thanks!

Hi Michelle,

We have a few of us from North Carolina. We should have a get together sometime before the cruise.

I have a DS who will be almost 16 and a DS who will be 12 (but going to the Oceaneer Club).

Welcome to our group!
Kirsten

My family and I will also be on the cruise and would love to be a part of our first fish extender group.

We are

Me - Mum and Disney holiday planner
DH - Big music fan
DD Aged 16
DD Aged 14
DD Aged 11

We are from London and can't wait for the cruise :banana:

PS Am probably one of the few people in the world who doesn't really use facebook so can updates be posted on here too - thanks a million x

Hi Michelle,

We have a few of us from North Carolina. We should have a get together sometime before the cruise.

I have a DS who will be almost 16 and a DS who will be 12 (but going to the Oceaneer Club).

Welcome to our group!
Kirsten

Thanks, Kirsten. That would be great for the NC group to meet before the cruise, if possible.

I am excited about our trip. We went on the Disney Magic two years ago, but this ship sounds like they have made some great and innovative improvements.

Michelle

:wave2::wave2: CIAO CIAO from Italy !!

images

Nice to see that new families are joining in ! :goodvibes

Ciao Michelle ! Where in Hawai'i is your husband from ? Myself and husband LOVE those islands !!

Laura :)

BTW
Happy-New-Year-2013-Collection-Vector.png
to everyone !!!

Aloha, Laura.

My husband is from the island of Oahu, the town of Kailua. He grew up in a house right down the block from where President Obama and his family are vacationing right now.

We lived in Honolulu for a few years when we first got married and got a chance to travel to most of the outer islands. They are beautiful.

Hopefully on the cruise we will get a chance to talk. I would love to hear about Milano.

Michelle

Aloha to you, Michelle ! :goodvibes:goodvibes
We visited that part of Oahu where President Obama was vacationing.
In fact we stayed in that Island many times , usually it is our first stop coming all the way from Italy ... We visited 3 islands this past August :dance3: you could say we are hooked ! We LOVE the Islands culture and traditions so much .

My heart is HALF Disney and HALF Hawai'ian !

It would be great :yay: to get to know more about YOUR islands and OUR Milano,
here is for you how our Castello Sforzesco looked like on New Year's Eve :

Fuochi-Castello-Sforzesco.jpg

CIAOOO , laura :flower3:

Have just managed to get through all 8 pages of the thread and I feel I know a little more about everyone else so now a little more about us.

My name is Nicola and I am the Disney holiday planner in our family. We live in London but love holidaying in Florida. We have been to Disney about 6 or 7 times. I am a teacher so we usually go in August as we like to have 3 weeks. We have been on The Wonder twice for 4 and 3 nights only so we are extremely excited about 7 nights on The Fantasy.

I have three daughters who will be 11, 14 and 16 when we travel. My youngest is called Emily and she is very excited that there will be another 11 year old Emily on board.

Over the school holidays I have spent ages researching things relating to the cruise and I am really excited about starting to plan for the fish extender group. How many people would there normally be? I have read stories of 100 people which is a bit frightening as we are flying so won't have that much room.

I am back to work tomorrow (sadly) so won't have much planning time until Easter. Let'S hope the next 6 months go quickly x

I have posted before but I guess it was so long ago (2 years) that my post count went back to 0. I guess I need to post 7 more times to be able to do more things.

Since I have 7 more posts to go, would anyone tell me what excursions they are thinking of taking and at which port?

On our last cruise (not Disney) my family and I went parasailing, snorkeling and had a dolphin encounter. I wouldn't mind snorkeling again but I'm not sure at which port we should do this. I don't think I will ever go parasailing again, although my 10 year old really wants to do it again. Once was enough for me I think. Anyone think the stingrays are worth seeing?

Thanks.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I have been looking at excursions and we are thinking of doing the following:

Ruins at Costa Maya (for a bit of history)
Beach at Cozumel (for a bit of relaxation)
Dolphin swim at Grand Cayman (for the kids)

At least I think that was it, my head was spinning with all the possibilities :hyper:

Nicola

Hi Michelle,

I have been looking at excursions and we are thinking of doing the following:

Ruins at Costa Maya (for a bit of history)
Beach at Cozumel (for a bit of relaxation)
Dolphin swim at Grand Cayman (for the kids)

At least I think that was it, my head was spinning with all the possibilities :hyper:

Nicola

Thanks, Nicola.

They all sound like fun. It is so hard to decide.

I was thinking about the seeing some ruins too. I don't think my younger one would go for that though . (Not when there is parasailing around.:))

Another thought was the watercraft ski adventure since my boys have never been on jet skis.

I guess I have to go do some more research.

I'm not sure yet. I was thinking about ruins in Costa Maya though. One day as a beach type day too I think. I need to talk to my family I guess and see what they might want to do

I'm still doing research, but would anyone have an opinion on which port would be the best place to snorkel?

Thanks,
Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter