August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

Thanks Bellelinus for the weather update!!!

Your last post make me feel a little better, please keep posting those weather updates and spreading the pixie dust :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Still haven't finishing packing, the kids are though they can't wait to get on the ship.

Welcome aboard!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Usually tips are passed out the last night of the cruise, so you would just have to find another way to give your tips to the serving staff - other than that, Palo the last night sounds lovely.

Someone had posted recently what movies would be showing - I'm remembering Up, G Force, The Proposal, Hannah Montana movie, Race to Witch Mountain . . . but can't remember them all.

Oh dear...yes I will have to pass out tips another time...any suggestions, anyone??? Why am I thinking we did this the next day at breakfast last time before we got off the ship???

I wonder if I could get Hubby to watch Hannah Montana with me...LOL!!!!!! :lmao:

Has anyone taken the Golden Eagle Catamaran excursion? What are your thoughts or experiences? I would be going with a 7 and 9 year old. Is it worth the money?

It's hump day at WDW. We spent a long hot morning at AK yesterday. DD terrified by Dinosaur, I screamed my head off. 7 year old DD rode Everest twice. DH got owned! He was green!

Went to DHS last to meet Mojo and her family. Poured rain.

We made rope drop again this morning at MK. Crowds are really low.

We have a crisis brewing. Mousekeeping lost DD teddybear in the laundry with the sheets. I spent all morning having a replacement sent in from home. Tinkerbell is send it by Fedex for $25 bucks!

Heading to Epcot tonight.

I talked to my tropical weather expert in NYC this morning. He said if your flight is before 8 you should be ok. Fingers crossed for all and tons of pixie dust to get everyone here.

Well, here we are with the 4th Named Storm of the Season:

143059W5_NL_sm.gif

Really nothing to worry about in respect to our Cruise!!!

I do have some concerns for you on the East Cost that are flying out early Saturday. The NHC predicts that the center of the cell will NOT have moved far enough north to directly impact flights in and out of the NYC area, but as we all know, most predictions past 24 hours are 'educated guesses'. Bottom line is you may want to check often with your carrier to ensure they are on-time and are not anticipating delays. Starting Thursday night you may want to keep a closer watch on your local forecast as well.

Other than that, there is noting brewing behind Danny, so I predict clear sailing for us!!!

I will post one more update tonight (late), and that will be my last weather post as we are heading out first thing tomorrow morning and I will be without internet access.

See you on the Magic!

Has anyone taken the Golden Eagle Catamaran excursion? What are your thoughts or experiences? I would be going with a 7 and 9 year old. Is it worth the money?

We are also going on the Golden Eagle. Although we have never gone before I have read positive reviews about it. We are taking our 8 yr old DD who has never snorkeled before.
The review I read stated: "cruiser reviews are very positive: The ride over is fun and not too fast for kids" "crew is friendly & courteous" the "deserted island is a great place to snorkel or just relax on the beach" beach is "scenic with very clear water" there is "music and singing" during the cruise" "all cruisers report that they would do it again" but some would be sure to "take seasickness medicine first" PassPorters gives it a 9 out of 10 rating.
I hope this helps maybe someone else has actually experienced it. :goodvibes

Oh dear...yes I will have to pass out tips another time...any suggestions, anyone??? Why am I thinking we did this the next day at breakfast last time before we got off the ship???

I wonder if I could get Hubby to watch Hannah Montana with me...LOL!!!!!! :lmao:

You know, just on the off chance that my servers weren't there the next morning, if I was doing Palo the last night I would probably stop by before or after Palo and hand out the tip envelopes then . . . they serve early and late so you can stop by really any time between 5:45 and 10 or so.

Well, here we are with the 4th Named Storm of the Season:

Really nothing to worry about in respect to our Cruise!!!

I do have some concerns for you on the East Cost that are flying out early Saturday. The NHC predicts that the center of the cell will NOT have moved far enough north to directly impact flights in and out of the NYC area, but as we all know, most predictions past 24 hours are 'educated guesses'. Bottom line is you may want to check often with your carrier to ensure they are on-time and are not anticipating delays. Starting Thursday night you may want to keep a closer watch on your local forecast as well.

Other than that, there is noting brewing behind Danny, so I predict clear sailing for us!!!

I will post one more update tonight (late), and that will be my last weather post as we are heading out first thing tomorrow morning and I will be without internet access.

See you on the Magic!

Thanks again for the weather update and fingers crossed that it slows down and lets everyone get out of the NE by Saturday AM:wizard::wizard::wizard:

We are also going on the Golden Eagle. Although we have never gone before I have read positive reviews about it. We are taking our 8 yr old DD who has never snorkeled before.
The review I read stated: "cruiser reviews are very positive: The ride over is fun and not too fast for kids" "crew is friendly & courteous" the "deserted island is a great place to snorkel or just relax on the beach" beach is "scenic with very clear water" there is "music and singing" during the cruise" "all cruisers report that they would do it again" but some would be sure to "take seasickness medicine first" PassPorters gives it a 9 out of 10 rating.
I hope this helps maybe someone else has actually experienced it. :goodvibes

Thanks for the info, I also posted on the main thread and someone wrote that this was the best excursion ever. Between you and them I booked it. What time slot did you take? I took the later one because I have 2nd seating at dinner. Did they say the morning or afternoon was a better time? Thanks again, sounds like you did your homework, I owe you one

Hi all! When MN_cruzn checks out tonight I can pick up posting again using my blackberry. Nothing fancy, but ever little bit counts. 72 hours until our meet!

Thanks for the info, I also posted on the main thread and someone wrote that this was the best excursion ever. Between you and them I booked it. What time slot did you take? I took the later one because I have 2nd seating at dinner. Did they say the morning or afternoon was a better time? Thanks again, sounds like you did your homework, I owe you one

I took the later one as well, just because I'm not a morning person and we have 2nd seating at dinner too. I could not find any info on morning or afternoon preference. I guess it just depends on how windy it is. Looks like we will be on the same excursion! Should be fun! :banana::banana::banana:

Suzanne

Hi all! When MN_cruzn checks out tonight I can pick up posting again using my blackberry. Nothing fancy, but ever little bit counts. 72 hours until our meet!

Thanks in advance!:thumbsup2

Tomorrow I will actually pack:laughing: and then we fly out Friday AM . . .

Wow...I wish I was still on this cruise with all of you. I can't believe I started this thread back way back in March of 2008! Unfortunately we had to cancel some time ago but we have another DCL planned for next year.

I just wanted to pop in here once more to wish you all the safest and most magical trip possible!! I will watch the webcams faithfully on Saturday so make sure you wave and have a glass of wine at sunset for me please!

Don't forget lots of pics and detailed TR's!!!!

Yay!! I'm starting to stress about the weather again so I'm glad we have such helpful and knowledgeable weatherphiles here!!

I had a break from my weather stressing earlier today when I had to instead stress about my husband and his Incredible Magical Shorts of DOOOOOM™. He lost his wallet out of them about a week ago and just finally got his credit/debit cards replaced two days ago, and then used them to order a new drivers license online. He wasnt too worried about the license since he had his passport as an ID backup. But then today he donned the IMSofD™ and promptly lost his new cards and the dang passport. Sheesh. Cut to me frantically calling the state department trying to arrange an appointment to get an emergency replacement with an automated telephone rep: "The next available appointment is Friday, August 28th at 12:30. Press one to accept this." Me: "What button do I press for F%$@!?" Luckily about 2 hrs later a neighbor knocks on the door and hands over the passport and wallet (with the newly re-canceled cards) that he found in the driveway but took with him because he was late for a meeting. Meanwhile DH went to the Registry, got an emergency rush on his license, which, oddly enough, required him to come all the way home and bring back our travel documents to prove he needed it so quickly, and now he is back to being an officially recognized human again. Oh, and the Shorts? Have been destroyed...

Yay!! I'm starting to stress about the weather again so I'm glad we have such helpful and knowledgeable weatherphiles here!!

I had a break from my weather stressing earlier today when I had to instead stress about my husband and his Incredible Magical Shorts of DOOOOOM™. He lost his wallet out of them about a week ago and just finally got his credit/debit cards replaced two days ago, and then used them to order a new drivers license online. He wasnt too worried about the license since he had his passport as an ID backup. But then today he donned the IMSofD™ and promptly lost his new cards and the dang passport. Sheesh. Cut to me frantically calling the state department trying to arrange an appointment to get an emergency replacement with an automated telephone rep: "The next available appointment is Friday, August 28th at 12:30. Press one to accept this." Me: "What button do I press for F%$@!?" Luckily about 2 hrs later a neighbor knocks on the door and hands over the passport and wallet (with the newly re-canceled cards) that he found in the driveway but took with him because he was late for a meeting. Meanwhile DH went to the Registry, got an emergency rush on his license, which, oddly enough, required him to come all the way home and bring back our travel documents to prove he needed it so quickly, and now he is back to being an officially recognized human again. Oh, and the Shorts? Have been destroyed...

Destroying was too good for those shorts!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: So glad you got the passport back, at least:goodvibes

Wow...I wish I was still on this cruise with all of you. I can't believe I started this thread back way back in March of 2008! Unfortunately we had to cancel some time ago but we have another DCL planned for next year.

I just wanted to pop in here once more to wish you all the safest and most magical trip possible!! I will watch the webcams faithfully on Saturday so make sure you wave and have a glass of wine at sunset for me please!

Don't forget lots of pics and detailed TR's!!!!

Sorry you won't be joining us, but I've really enjoyed the thread you started! Thanks for that! We will miss you and I for one will take on the task of consuming your share of the adult beverages in your honor. :hug:

Glad you were able to reschedule!!

Just heard they delayed the launch of the shuttle until friday...weather permitting of course! What a treat that will be!!!

Just checked the time, its at 12:22 a.m. Friday. Darn, who knows maybe they will delay it a few more hours! It's already been delayed so many times already! Keep your fingers crossed! :goodvibes

One bag packed, one to go!!! Only one more day at home, and then off to MCO! The little one is getting more excited everyday! Almost as excited as mommy is! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter