August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

Well, things to change over time...

two_atl.gif

As you can see, these "unorganized showers and thunderstorms" are now a little more organized and is now moved up to an "Orange" level.

What does this mean for us...well, probably not too much. Again, this cell is moving West-Northwest at 20-25 MPH, and still is a few hundred miles east of the Leeward Islands.

National Hurricane Center is showing an increased risk of this intensifying, but still less than 50%.

It still looks as if this would be well to the West of our ports by the time we sail.

We are here until Friday too and VERY much appreciate the updates. I am so grateful there are people who can actually read these maps and know what is going on! Thanks TVEPFOX and MN Cruz'n for taking the time to update us :flower3:

The sun is setting on day two.

We spent the day at MK. OMG is it hot! DD did the pirate league, worth every penny. She loved it. Being a boat ride away from MK is priceless! We come and go as we please.

Crowd.levels are moderate. Wait times about 20 to 30 minutes.

I can't say enough good things about our hotel and concierge service. Everytime we walk into our room there's a surprise for DD.

MN GREAT, GREAT job on the weather! I think your right on the mark. Damn code orange!

One funny story before Wishes. We're getting ready this morning. DH can't find his socks! I'm plowing through six suitcases looking for them on my hands and knees in a panic! I found them in the last bag STUFFED inside my bras!!! LOL!

Tomorrow is AK and MK!

Good Night!

I just went online to see if any Palo brunch reservations had opened up for Sunday or Monday. I was able to switch my Thursday brunch to Monday at 10:30. It looks like there is still availability Monday at 10:30 and Thursday at 11:30 if anyone is interested. There are dinner reservations available now too.

See you all in a few days!!!

I just went online to see if any Palo brunch reservations had opened up for Sunday or Monday. I was able to switch my Thursday brunch to Monday at 10:30. It looks like there is still availability Monday at 10:30 and Thursday at 11:30 if anyone is interested. There are dinner reservations available now too.

See you all in a few days!!!
Thanks!! I took Thursday at 11:30. There we nothing else left, but that works great for us!!! See you all soon!

Hi Everyone,

I have been on the Magic for the past three weeks and the weather has been wonderful. We didn't make it to Tortola last week, but got two calls at Castaway.

I can't wait to meet everyone!

Can someone confirm where we are meeting.

Thanks, see ya real soon!

Dawn

Hi Everyone,

I have been on the Magic for the past three weeks and the weather has been wonderful. We didn't make it to Tortola last week, but got two calls at Castaway.

I can't wait to meet everyone!

Can someone confirm where we are meeting.

Thanks, see ya real soon!

Dawn

I believe the meet is 3:00 Saturday, Goofy pool, port side. Someone will correct me if I am wrong...........

Michelle

atl1.gif

Nothing has changed much since this afternoon.

The area of concern remains pretty disorganized. It has not moved much, and is still about 300 miles east of the Leeward Islands.

NHC still says the system is moving West-Northwest at about 25 MPH. At this point, it looks as if the system will pass to the north of both St. Maarten and St. Thomas, regardless of if it develops into something more that just thunderstorms.

I think we should have a better picture by this time tomorrow.

Overall, predictions are still under 50% of this developing into something.

'Nite Y'all!

Hello everyone,

I'm checking in partly because I am tryiing to stay awake for the 1:36 a.m. launch of the Space Shuttle:scared1:

I'm in Kissimmee but was told by my timeshare staff that I will have no problem viewing the launch from my room.

I promised the kids that I will wake them up in enough time to view the launch.

On another note we went to AK today and I rode on the Expedition Everest:confused3 I think that's what it's called. It was very fun:thumbsup2

The park had a lot of people but I have seen the crowds much bigger. The Festival of the Lion King show was not full to give you an indication.

Tomorrow we may do Epcot or MK depending on what time the kids get up and get going.

Well that's all for now. Have a great night!

Joe

We are still here until Friday and will be using our computers until Saturday morning when we depart the hotel so I am loving the weather updates.

Tomorrow begins that actually packing, I think I have it all now, even got a new dress today. :rolleyes1 The one thing I wanted to find that I haven't is that collapsable cooler so I can roll on some fun stuff for DH and myself. Guess another trip out to look for it won't hurt anything right?! ;)

Can't wait till we are on that boat and I hear the horn sound! See you all soon!! :)

Thanks SO much for the weather updates MN! They're awesome! :cloud9: We're still here until Wednesday but guessing the people in Florida already would be really jealous if they knew where I was right now---work :rotfl2:

Hi Lark (neighbor)! We're in Leesburg..we're flying out of Dulles as well. We almost flew of BWI on SW b/c it was much cheaper but DH loves the proximity of Dulles to us.

I can't believe there's someone that's been on 3 Disney cruises B2B and now going on this one...:eek: It took us over a year to save up for this cruise..

We are so stoked...we packed the last of our pirate costumes last night. pirate: DH is so funny..he had to have every last detail of pirate garb (I guess he's hoping he'll look like Johnny Depp :rotfl:)

Thanks SO much for the weather updates MN! They're awesome! :cloud9: We're still here until Wednesday but guessing the people in Florida already would be really jealous if they knew where I was right now---work :rotfl2:

Hi Lark (neighbor)! We're in Leesburg..we're flying out of Dulles as well. We almost flew of BWI on SW b/c it was much cheaper but DH loves the proximity of Dulles to us.

I can't believe there's someone that's been on 3 Disney cruises B2B and now going on this one...:eek: It took us over a year to save up for this cruise..

We are so stoked...we packed the last of our pirate costumes last night. pirate: DH is so funny..he had to have every last detail of pirate garb (I guess he's hoping he'll look like Johnny Depp :rotfl:)

I'm with you, I was wondering were all you crazy Disney fans get your money to go over and over again. My money tree in the yard is not producing as fast as I would like.

Whats the deal with the collaspable cooler we guys talk about. What do they look like? Where do you buy them? Does Disney allow these coolers on board or do you pack them with your luggage?

T
One funny story before Wishes. We're getting ready this morning. DH can't find his socks! I'm plowing through six suitcases looking for them on my hands and knees in a panic! I found them in the last bag STUFFED inside my bras!!! LOL!

Good Night!

Well that's one way to make sure they "keep their shape"!

Wow Dawn! Do they make you debark and then reboard each time?

Nothing has changed much since this afternoon.

The area of concern remains pretty disorganized. It has not moved much, and is still about 300 miles east of the Leeward Islands.

NHC still says the system is moving West-Northwest at about 25 MPH. At this point, it looks as if the system will pass to the north of both St. Maarten and St. Thomas, regardless of if it develops into something more that just thunderstorms.

I think we should have a better picture by this time tomorrow.

Overall, predictions are still under 50% of this developing into something.

'Nite Y'all!

Thanks again for the update -- fingers still crossed!:goodvibes

The one thing I wanted to find that I haven't is that collapsable cooler so I can roll on some fun stuff for DH and myself. Guess another trip out to look for it won't hurt anything right?! ;)

Can't wait till we are on that boat and I hear the horn sound! See you all soon!! :)

I checked our Walmart, they didn't have any, but I did find one at Kmart yesterday!

Hello everyone,

I'm checking in partly because I am tryiing to stay awake for the 1:36 a.m. launch of the Space Shuttle:scared1:

I'm in Kissimmee but was told by my timeshare staff that I will have no problem viewing the launch from my room.

I promised the kids that I will wake them up in enough time to view the launch.

Joe

Sorry it didn't launch this morning, it looks like the same situation tonight for the launch, thunderstorms right up til launch time.

Code red in the Caribbean! MN_cruzn can you put up a GFS and or a spaghetti. NHC flying recon today. Thanks!

Code red in the Caribbean! MN_cruzn can you put up a GFS and or a spaghetti. NHC flying recon today. Thanks!

Hi all...

Here is a GFS for about 48 hours from now:

slp8.png

So, based on this model, even if this does develop into something, the center of the activity remains to the east of our planned stops.

It looks in this model that the area is anticipated to be almost due East of Port Canaveral by Thursday.

So, while there is now a greater that 50% chance that this will develop into a cyclone, predictions are that it will continue it's current pace and direction and not impact us or our ports of call.

We will keep an eye open...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter