• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, we should frame this one. It looks fantastic for us. Yes, there are two very, very small floaters that just blew off the coast of Africa, but they shouldn't amount to anything. It takes 2 weeks for a system to reach the Bahamas, and two weeks from today we'll be slipping cool drinks on CC with our toes in the warm sand.

My family has always cruised this time of year. DH and I have sat up nights watching the wx channel, reading maps and praying for smooth seas. We've been very lucky over the years, only a few curve balls. I'm so happy to say it looks like the God's of the sea are smiling on us again this year. Yipe!

We've got some weather to deal with here in the Northeast for the next few days thanks to Hurricane Bill. Hopefully it will be wheels up for the Baker's Sunday morning. DH, works for FOX Newschannel, he was called yesterday for hurricane duty until Saturday night. He's not a happy camper, but it's his job.

This will be my last weather post unless something unexpected pops up.

Have a great day. We're almost there friends!

Edit: I'm such a sap. When my post went up I saw my countdown clock on 2 days. My eyes filled up with tears!

Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

. We're almost there friends!

Edit: I'm such a sap. When my post went up I saw my countdown clock on 2 days. My eyes filled up with tears![/QUOTE]

Awwww, my eyes filled up with tears when you said you drank all the fuzzy navels. ;) ;)

We made it to FL! I am at my parents near Orlando, so I will have internet until Next Sat morning :) It was an adventurous day getting here. Allegiant Air. Airport is 1 hour from our house, left at 10am. Got on plane at 12:40 for a 1:10 flight, smooth sailing I thought. No way! We sat and sat, they said we needed more fuel. Then we had to get OFF the plane, because, get this. The plane then had TO MUCH FUEL. They had to take a flight to get rid of some fuel, yes that is right. And they had to take some bags off and then fly around and come back for us. We finally got to FL at 6:40, waited forever for our bags, got to my parents at 8pm (after a stop at McDs where they were out of everything). But we are here, it is HOT and HUMID. Already went swimming.

Hopefully everyone gets here soon too. I am so glad the weather is looking good for us :) :) :)

Well, the game plan is to leave at 5am in the morning. Papa and Spencer are in bed but I'm sure I won't be getting there tonight. Most of the car has been packed but I have the electronics charging, checking this thread, and all the last minute things that need to be done.
Everyone have a safe trip and see you on Deck 9 at 3 pm on the 29th. :hug:

Have a safe trip!

I'm getting very jealous of everyone who is already leaving!

Hey all
Wanted to wish you and yours very safe travels. We are leaving NY shortly and driving to Fla. I won't have computer access til next week :confused3

Oh well. I think it's worth it!
Stay safe,
nycemschic

Are we meeting port or starboard for our 3pm meet by the Goofy pool? Or is it wherever there is room at the time?

We're meeting on deck 9, port by the Goofy pool.

That's the left side of the ship facing forward.

I know it's confusing because the right side of the ship is docked at the port.

Here's how I remember it: starboard is on the right hand, port is on the left hand, if I tried to drink a glass of port with my left hand I would spill it on myself.

Wait for it...wait for it... Cigy7 will make some kind of joke!

Next I tell you what POSH means, port out starboard home.

Dh is not working tomorrow, so don't blame him if you're flight is delayed! Have a safe journey!

Thanks Sharon:thumbsup2

Going to the Airport wearing my Ryan Howard jersey:) I'm am really looking forward to this vacation. I have already changed my voicemail at work informing them that I'm unavailable until September:banana::banana:

Joe

Joe,

Before you leave please let me take a moment to apologize in advance to your parents for having the cabin next to ours.

You can explain the song "Boom, Boom, Pow" to them! :woohoo::woohoo:

Joe,

Before you leave please let me take a moment to apologize in advance to your parents for having the cabin next to ours.

Your on vacation, have a good time:thumbsup2

Besides, they are deep sleepers. Trust me, I know:rotfl:

Joe

Dh is not working tomorrow, so don't blame him if you're flight is delayed! Have a safe journey!

Did you know that Us airways just launched a new website? I noticed it when I checked in today.

You have to type in the website name and it will give you the option to choose the old or the new site.

Joe

After a wild weather day here in New York... it's quiet time.

DH working until tomorrow...

DD at g'mas for the night...

Done packing....

Soaked in a long, hot bath....

Enjoying a glass of wine....

Priceless.

We're meeting on deck 9, port by the Goofy pool.

That's the left side of the ship facing forward.

I know it's confusing because the right side of the ship is docked at the port.

Here's how I remember it: starboard is on the right hand, port is on the left hand, if I tried to drink a glass of port with my left hand I would spill it on myself.

Wait for it...wait for it... Cigy7 will make some kind of joke!

Next I tell you what POSH means, port out starboard home.

Get behind me I will follow you !! :confused3:confused3
:teacher:

Here is what I know about ships. Always pee off the back of the ship

Joe,

I'm not sure you will be allowed to hang pictures in your stateroom. Plus getting a hammer past security that's going to be tough.

Joe I think you might want to explain the Toby Keith song " As Good as I once was" to your parents about their new neighbors.

OK! I couldn't take it any longer. We told the kids today!!!!! They are ECSTATIC to say the least!!! Screaming and shouting when we told them.

YEAH!!!! Sweet relief!! I was about to burst!!!!! :rotfl: :eek: :rotfl:

See you all very soon!!!!! Now to finally think about the packing. pirate:

It's official we sold enough bracelets to get the price to $1.00 :yay::yay:
Let me know if you need more we still have plenty.

proofdisney-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter