• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

Thanks for telling us about the spa openings! I just booked a couples massage on Friday evening... what a way to end the vacation.

And yes, after driving 1500 miles locked in a car with DH and DD... yea... I could be a little stressed :scared1:

But actually hanging out at my MILs should be great- we get along really well. (My FIL is another story :confused3) They may even watch DD one night so we can hit Icebar- it's a place in Orlando that we saw on the travel channel-- the whole bar is like a walk in freezer set at 32 degrees- beer is served in ice mugs, vodka in ice shot glasses.

Say... does anyone have the times that we leave the different ports handy?

for work today! Then to let the real fun begin! I can't wait to start more laundry, and fill the bags. Have all of the little man's clothes packed already! :)

Only 10 more days till I have my butt in a lounge chair, a cold drink in my hand and feeling the warm sun on my face! I can hardly stand the wait! :woohoo:

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Port Canaveral - 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea - -
3 At Sea - -
4 St. Maarten 8:00 a.m. 7:00 p.m.
5 St. Thomas/St. John 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
6 At Sea - -
7 Castaway Cay 9:30 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
8 Port Canaveral 7:35 a.m. -

Hope that is right.

You guys and all your packing. Nothing is in the suit cases yet!!!!:sad2:
I'll start after camping the next few days!!!

I have a question about registering for the kids clubs. My daughter is eleven. (So Ocean Quest I believe) When I completed my online registration (that I did!) there wasn't a section to sign her up. Is this because she is in the older group now????

That's it - I have one in Ocean Quest and my recollection from our NYE cruise is that you go with them the first day and sign something at the entrance to OQ and then they are good to go for the rest of the week . . . but nothing to do in advance or at the port.

Driving to Florida from New York and staying at your MIL's? You'll need this vacation! LOL

We can top that...we leave from PA and drive about 17 hrs to FL this Friday night WITH my MIL and FIL (six of us in the vehicle)...!! Staying with brother and sister in law in New Port Richey, FL for a week prior to the cruise. Hope they have some cold refreshments ready for us poolside when we arrive this Saturday, I think we're going to need them! :scared1:

So far..have only packed our disney cruise refillable beer mugs from our last cruise :drinking1..and our pirate outfits! pirate:

Hopefully we will be in St Martin enjoying a day like this one showing my daughter the last time we were there . . .

47b7d801b3127cce85c1c5dab7bd0000003.jpg

My sympathies to those with long drives . . . I did the drive from NYC to Orlando a few times when the girls were younger and the memories are still fresh!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Got DD all packed. Amazing she kept it to 1 suitcase with room for my clothes as well. I have to double up into her suitcase as DH will have some of his clothes in the bag with the formal stuff that the girls don't know about. I'm getting just a little stressed about picking up DDBF formal clothes and passport without her knowing. I also have to get the forms notorized before we leave as well. We are trying to keep the luggage to 1 per person and I am stuffing the FE's, their B-day gifts, surprise gifts into each. I'm going to have to take the luggage over to Fedex and have them weigh them early next week so if I am over the weight I can adjust them. If I pull this surprise off I will go down in history (with this family) that it was the best kept secret ever.

Now if I can just get DD to finish her reading project before Saturday. She has to get it done or she will be dragging it along with us. She tried out for High School cheer (made Varsity), and has All-Star cheerleading practices doubled up with camps and choreography. With all the extra cheer practices she will need the break.:cheer2:

We can top that...we leave from PA and drive about 17 hrs to FL this Friday night WITH my MIL and FIL (six of us in the vehicle)...!! Staying with brother and sister in law in New Port Richey, FL for a week prior to the cruise. Hope they have some cold refreshments ready for us poolside when we arrive this Saturday, I think we're going to need them! :scared1:

So far..have only packed our disney cruise refillable beer mugs from our last cruise :drinking1..and our pirate outfits! pirate:

We're driving from Delaware next Wed. Going to stop on the trip down just North of Savannah to give DH a break, he usually does all the driving, and usually drives straight through, but then he gets grumpy. Definitely don't want a grumpy dh on my vacation!!! My opinion is I have to pack all by myself, so he gets to drive all by himself.;) It should only take us about 14 1/2 to 15 hours total depending on if we hit any traffic. Unfortunately, it only takes about 10 mins for the boys to start arguing over something, so it will be a long 2 days. We figure we'll be poolside at the Radisson, with beers in hand, no later than 2pm on Thursday, with time for a swim before we watch the Wonder set sail later.:banana:

I haven't even attempted to start packing as yet, I'm always until the last minute no matter how many times I say "not again, this is too much stress"...I just can't wait to get on the ship:woohoo:.

Haven't picked up DD5 pirate's costume yet, will try and go to Party City or Ricky's and get some packing done. Whew!!!

Got DD all packed. Amazing she kept it to 1 suitcase with room for my clothes as well. I have to double up into her suitcase as DH will have some of his clothes in the bag with the formal stuff that the girls don't know about. I'm getting just a little stressed about picking up DDBF formal clothes and passport without her knowing. I also have to get the forms notorized before we leave as well. We are trying to keep the luggage to 1 per person and I am stuffing the FE's, their B-day gifts, surprise gifts into each. I'm going to have to take the luggage over to Fedex and have them weigh them early next week so if I am over the weight I can adjust them. If I pull this surprise off I will go down in history (with this family) that it was the best kept secret ever.

Now if I can just get DD to finish her reading project before Saturday. She has to get it done or she will be dragging it along with us. She tried out for High School cheer (made Varsity), and has All-Star cheerleading practices doubled up with camps and choreography. With all the extra cheer practices she will need the break.:cheer2:

You could always ship a box down to the ship ahead of time with some of the FE's or their bday presents if you run out of room.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Had some new people join, so I am reposting

This is not the FE LIST, if you do ont want your name on this list, please pm me and I will remove it. It was just easier to cut and paste our current list. To see Final FE List, click on link in my signature below

This is a new list of people on our board that are getting together for the meet. Now others that are not participating in the FE can have their families listed here so we can all get to know one another before our trip. This is going to be known as the DISFRIENDS LIST. If you plan on coming to our meet it is by the Goofy Pool 3pm on Sail Day. If you would like to be added to this list, please pm me your info and I will be happy to add you to our list!

If you would like to get a rubber bracelet, Cigy7 is has some left, you can pick them up at the meet. You do not need to buy the bracelets to be part of the group, if you do want the bracelets, you must pm Cigy7 to order them. I believe they will be around $1.25 each, they are just a way to recognize our fellow disboarders at a glance while onboard.

V12diablo - Cabin's 1051 & 1053
Sue(DW), Laura DGM, DD-Allison-12, DS-Zachary-10(1051) Jason(DH), Rob, DS-Isaiah-7, DS-Zachary-13 (1053)

AnnieL - Cabin # 2017
Annie Marie & Bill, DD-Chloe-7, DD-Ava-5

jmchone0830 - Cabin #'s 2138-2140
Josie & Donald, DS-Stephen-13, DS-Ryan-11, DD-Megan-6,

4everluvDisney Cabin #2552 will give cabin as soon as it is assigned
Audrey, Doug, DGS-Spencer-6

ALLY092299 Cabin # 2556
Lori, DD-Ally-9

Lark1973 Cabin # 2633
Ron & Lallie, DS-Hal-7

MN Cruz'n - Cabin # 5520
Scott & Kristine, DD-Hannah-11, DD-Emma-7

RunDanceSkate - Cabin # 5522
Cindy & Michael, DS-Malcolm-15, DD-Montana-12

ydrj Cabin #5524
Yvonne & Doug, DS-Ryan-14, DD-Amanda-12

Cinderella1001 - Cabin #5629 & 5631
Celinda & John, DD-Jessica - 16 (Celebrating her Sweet 16), DD'sBFF-Courtney - 16 (Also Celebrating her Sweet 16)

racheltatt Cabin # 5650
Rachel & Matt

Chowboys Cabin #6006
Nasrin, DS-Aden-6, DS-Noah-10

nycemschic Cabin #6011
Sophia & Chris, DD-Kayleigh-9

Thetowlers Cabin #6067
Brian & Margie, DD-Rachel-6, DS-Shane-4

(with Thetowlers) #Cabin 6069
Alfred & Barbara, DD-Cheyene-13, DD-Montanna-10

Canadian Princess- Cabin # 6084
Bob & Anita, DD-11

taikolaw - Cabin # 6104
Rob & Sarah - Celebrating their first anniversary!

skiingwife - Cabin #'s 6134/6135
Steve & Melissa, DS-Spencer-16, DS-Alex-14, DS-Nick - 11

Michele325 (thegoofy5) Cabin # 6524/6526
Michele & Howard, DD-Marissa-10, DS-Noah-6, DS-Zachary-4

jmefox Cabin #6543
Jamie & Christopher, DS-Elliot-3mos

MakingScrapbooks Cabin #6547
Jan(Celebrating 40th Bday), DS-Michael-13, DS-Matthew-11, DD-Miranda-8

Mojodisney Cabin # 6550
Monique & Tim, DD-Elizabeth-7, DDF-Mikayla-7

Matdrew - Cabin # 6551
Edie, DS-Drew-11, DS-James-7, DD-Juliana-4

goofy4U Cabin #6552- will give cabin as soon as it is assigned
Alma & Mike, DD-Lorena-13

SleepyatDVC - Cabin #6562
Grace & Sam, DD-Emma-10, DD-Lauren-8

lilmouse97 - Cabin # 6564
Jessica & Eric, DS-Nykolas-4

My4PhillyGirls - Cabin # 6570
Joe, DD-Natalia-17, DD-Jenei-13, DD-Deyshia (Deja)-9

TVEPFOX - Cabin # 6636
Michele & Erik, DD-Mikayla

Bellelinus - Cabin #7020
Julie, DD-Elizabeth-17, DD-Katherine-14, DD-Meredith-12

Waltworshiper - Cabin #7022
Sharon & Walt, DS-Mark-11, DS-John-10, DS-Matthew-7

Jason & Brittany - Cabin 7024(with Waltworshiper) both celebrating bdays while onboard & 1st pregnancy

dineyloveNY - Cabin # 7060
Lynda, DD-Sarah-13, DS-David-10

2fordisney - Cabin # 7118
Rita & John Celebrating Anniversary and a birthday onboard

Castaway Cayley - Cabin #7128
Cayley & Paul, DS-Cameron-5

EyeDisneyCruise - Cabin # 7528
Trisha & Ben, DD-Alexandra-4, DS-Zachary - 2

The Fox Family Cabin #7631
Karen & Jerry, DS-Rick-15, DS-Will-15

gotoluvdisney - Cabin # 8002
JoAnn & John, DD-Gillian-13, DD-Allie-11, DS-Johnny-8

Fabumouse - Cabin # 8084
Mychelle & Aaron, DD-Kailey-8, DD-Madeleine-3

justhat - Cabin # 8088
Justine & Joey, DS-Henry-3

Cigy7 Cabin # 8556
Mike & Tara, DS-Chase-22mos, DD-Sienna-3 1/2

jel0511 Cabin # 8584
Lori & Darren, DD-Julianna-11, DS-Brandon-8

AzPirates- Cabin # 8594
Kerry & Sheila, DS-Tanner-13, DD-Cammi-11

If anyone else would like to be added to the list, please pm me your info and I will be glad to add it to the list! If you do not have enough posts to pm me, just post to the thread, I usually check in a couple times a day!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Joining in late -- we booked our very 1st Disney Cruise about 2 mo ago, just discovered this forum today. Plan to skim through for tips, suggestions, and experiences from previous cruisers.

Our family is

me 53
DH 53
DS 7

We're flying down to Orlando from Wash., DC (live in the VA 'burbs) on 8/29 a.m.

We'd like to know more about things for our son, but we're especially interested in things that the 2 of us can do while he spends most of the day at the club. Also, recommendations abt which days/nights are best to do what.

We're doing shore excursions on 2 of the stops, but don't have anything planned for Castaway.

We'll have dinner at Palo on Sunday night.

Lots of stuff was already booked, natch, but we know we'll have a great time doing anything else that's available.

Do you make reservations or just line up for the shows?

Hope to meet some of you while we're on board.

:dance3:

Can you recommend a car service to take us to the port and back? I did call Happy Limo but didn't like the attitude from one of the representative, so I'm looking for another car service.

Thanks for all your help!!

Joining in late -- we booked our very 1st Disney Cruise about 2 mo ago, just discovered this forum today. Plan to skim through for tips, suggestions, and experiences from previous cruisers.

Our family is

me 53
DH 53
DS 7

We're flying down to Orlando from Wash., DC (live in the VA 'burbs) on 8/29 a.m.

We'd like to know more about things for our son, but we're especially interested in things that the 2 of us can do while he spends most of the day at the club. Also, recommendations abt which days/nights are best to do what.

We're doing shore excursions on 2 of the stops, but don't have anything planned for Castaway.

We'll have dinner at Palo on Sunday night.

Lots of stuff was already booked, natch, but we know we'll have a great time doing anything else that's available.

Do you make reservations or just line up for the shows?

Hope to meet some of you while we're on board.

:dance3:

Welcome aboard! No reservations required for shows, and there are plenty of seats as well. If your son will stay with the club on Castaway Cay for at least a few hours, I recommend you and your husband go to Serenity Bay, the adult beach - it's lovely. Check out your navigator when you board the ship and look at some of the adult-oriented things they list - often there are wine and beer tastings, cooking programs, tours of parts of the ship, etc. You also might want to book something in the spa for the two of you. I'm sure all three of you will have a wonderful time!:cool1:

Can you recommend a car service to take us to the port and back? I did call Happy Limo but didn't like the attitude from one of the representative, so I'm looking for another car service.

Thanks for all your help!!

I used Happy Limo last time, got Robert for a driver, and was very happy. However, you could also try another service that I believe I can't post the name of but I will PM to you - I used them in the past with no problems.

We hired FL Tours to pick us and Mojo's family at our resorts. Very nice people. Will get us to port around 11:45, including a booze stop. I'm taking an empty bag for that!

I used Happy Limo last time, got Robert for a driver, and was very happy. However, you could also try another service that I believe I can't post the name of but I will PM to you - I used them in the past with no problems.

Thanks Bellelinus, that would be greatly appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter