• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

Hi everyone! I know I am joining pretty late in the game. Just found this thread and read MOST of the posts. We are first time cruisers. Me 45, DH 46, DD 8.
I booked Palo Sunday (only date left). Does this mean we dress formal or is that just for regular rotation? DH is afraid he will be overdressed in a tux! Looking forward to meeting all of you! DD is nervous about not knowing anyone. Happy packing!

Hi everyone! I know I am joining pretty late in the game. Just found this thread and read MOST of the posts. We are first time cruisers. Me 45, DH 46, DD 8.
I booked Palo Sunday (only date left). Does this mean we dress formal or is that just for regular rotation? DH is afraid he will be overdressed in a tux! Looking forward to meeting all of you! DD is nervous about not knowing anyone. Happy packing!

Better late than never, I always say.

Tell DH he'll be fine in a tux at Palo.

I have a 7 year old DD, they'll have a blast together. She's a chip off the old block!

The umbrellas are there when you arrive. There aren't enough for everyone, but if you get off the ship promptly, you'll probably be able to find one. And it's not like Hawaii, where you have to pay a zillion dollars a day to find some shade. They were free in Feb. so I'm assuming they still are. :)

I nominate you to get one for the the group. Maybe you can snag a hammock, load it with your stuff, and not use it all day too. ;)

Those pack n' plays do not have the bassinet insert for little babies. Just open like a playpen.

Hey there! I started late too so no worries. Nice to meet.

So, happy.....I started the packing today! Whew! So much left though.

I'm all packed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::yay:

Typing with one finger, just did the nails. :thumbsup2

Half day of work tomorrow and off to the airport at around 1pm. :banana:

Having dinner at WDW tomorrow evening!!!!!! :woohoo:

See you all soon!!!!!!!!!!! Happy packing!

Does anyone know anything about the showers in the gym/spa?

Is there a his and hers lockeroom?

Or are they co-ed?

Do the doors lock for privacy?
Could me and my guy share one of course to save water? *wink* *wink*

Have a great trip! We will see you on the cruise!:cool1:

I nominate you to get one for the the group. Maybe you can snag a hammock, load it with your stuff, and not use it all day too. ;)

Har Har, you. If you leave your stuff in a hammock to get lunch, I'm moving it. ;)

And you are not supposed to be here! Pack, woman!

Bye Grace!

Have a safe flight!

We'll see you in Disney on Sunday!

FE gifts- DONE
New camera - Bought (my cell phone has a better pixel rating than my old camera)
Suitcases brought down from attic- as I type
Haircuts- after lunch today
Laundry - after haircuts
oil change- tomorrow
pedicure- thursday

Only two more days of work- leaving NY on Friday for a LONG drive south! But we get to stay at my MILs and an aunts and some cousins...

:cool1: we are sooo psyched!

You guys and all your packing. Nothing is in the suit cases yet!!!!:sad2:
I'll start after camping the next few days!!!

I have a question about registering for the kids clubs. My daughter is eleven. (So Ocean Quest I believe) When I completed my online registration (that I did!) there wasn't a section to sign her up. Is this because she is in the older group now????

Packing, so what else is new?

Found my corkscrew!! I need a bloody mary.

FYI, I was just on DCL's website, there are some spa openings!!!

FE gifts- DONE
New camera - Bought (my cell phone has a better pixel rating than my old camera)
Suitcases brought down from attic- as I type
Haircuts- after lunch today
Laundry - after haircuts
oil change- tomorrow
pedicure- thursday

Only two more days of work- leaving NY on Friday for a LONG drive south! But we get to stay at my MILs and an aunts and some cousins...

:cool1: we are sooo psyched!

Driving to Florida from New York and staying at your MIL's? You'll need this vacation! LOL

Does anyone know anything about the showers in the gym/spa?

Is there a his and hers lockeroom?

Or are they co-ed?

Do the doors lock for privacy?
Could me and my guy share one of course to save water? *wink* *wink*

TMI :eek:

Can you put a big sign on any one that you "use" so that I can be sure NOT to use it immediately after you...

Hey there! I started late too so no worries. Nice to meet.

So, happy.....I started the packing today! Whew! So much left though.

Thanks, glad I'm not the only one :). I am going to attempt packing today. I'll just be glad when I can kick back on the ship! 10 days and counting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter