• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

Someone posted to me about tagging along if we go on our own to Coral World (sorry, I don't remember who). We are now leaning toward doing the DCL excursion. It looks to be either $10 more or possibly even cheaper (there is a family admission rate on online but I am not sure if that is available at the door) than going on our own and we won't have to worry about the taxi. Not 100% sure yet though.

It was me.

No worries!! We're still undecided! :cool1:

Husband's new sneakers just arrived via UPS.

You'll be able to spot Rain Man a mile away!!! He's ready to kill me. The sneakers are whiter than Alexandra Steele's (not her real name) bleached teeth.

:lmao: Rain Man :lmao: Does he buy his underwear from K-Mart? :rotfl: You'll have to get some grass and rub it on his new shoes to give them the woren-in look :rotfl2:

I guess we'll have to do a weather dance to keep the hurricanes away..Anyone in? :dance3::dance3:

Thanks for all the info on Megan's Bay. It was very helpful :thumbsup2

As far as dining goes, do the dining times change according to which dining facility you're dining in? I have 2nd seating and was wondering what time dinner started and if it was the same for each rotation. Also, does the show get out in plenty of time to make it to dinner or is it a rush to get there in time?

Also, DH has a question...For semi-formal night, he wants to know if he's supposed to wear a tie still or is it just jacket and pants (Don Johnson style as he put it)?..I tried to explain to him that Miami Vice went out of style in the 80's :dancer::laughing:

:

As far as dining goes, do the dining times change according to which dining facility you're dining in? I have 2nd seating and was wondering what time dinner started and if it was the same for each rotation. Also, does the show get out in plenty of time to make it to dinner or is it a rush to get there in time?

Also, DH has a question...For semi-formal night, he wants to know if he's supposed to wear a tie still or is it just jacket and pants (Don Johnson style as he put it)?..I tried to explain to him that Miami Vice went out of style in the 80's :dancer::laughing:

The second dinner seating now starts at 8:15, I know when we went in Nov it was staggered time, but it has since changed back to one starting time no matter what restaraunt you are in. Semi formal night you will get a wide range of opinions, some of the posts on the main board on this topic get quite heated. If he wants to look the part of a Don Johnson wanna be that night, it is fine, you can pretend he is not with your party, after some of the outfits my dh has come up with, you learn how to do that pretty quick(that is why he is not allowed near anything to do with packing any clothes for the trip!). I think what he wants to wear is appropriate for that night. You will see people in various states from jacket and tie, to tee shirt and jeans. We try to follow the dress code, as we like to dress once in a while for dinner, I think it makes the cruise feel a little more special.

:lmao: Rain Man :lmao: Does he buy his underwear from K-Mart? :rotfl: You'll have to get some grass and rub it on his new shoes to give them the woren-in look :rotfl2:

To be very honest, DH does not buy his underwear from K-Mart. He likes Wal-Mart. You have to keep a relationship fresh by mixing things up!!:rotfl:

atl_overview.gif

So, I woke up this morning feeling good, until I opened the National Hurricane Center's site. Yesterday I said don't worry about what was out there, right... ok, call me a liar.... look what gained strength overnight.

Focus on the system coming off the coast of Africa in yellow... Let's call it "Big Brother" (who watches that show?)

The NHC describes it as a VIGOROUS tropical wave of showers and thunderstorms. (yes, it's a male) It will be slow to develop over the next few days. That's what worries me. Slow moving, low coming off the coast, not a good mix. We very well could be looking at the first Hurricane of the Atlantic Season, lucky us. It's moving west at 10 to 15 mph.

The low in red could become Tropical Storm Ana (don't worry about her), the yellow mass we're watching could become Hurricane Bill. Does anyone find it funny Bill is chasing a woman?

Update at 11 a.m.: Most global models agree this storm COULD become a major hurricane. Date estimate is the 22nd.

GO BACK TO BED!!!! Maybe it's a dream. Find Tinkerbell and make her get rid of the ugly colors! We want to see a clear map. NO Yellows or Reds!

So I've counted and recounted the FE participants list. I keep coming up with different numbers.

I came up with a total of 120... and in my case, I grouped the 16 and 17 year olds as adults. So my final answer is 60 adults and 60 kids... did anyone else get the same count? I want to make sure I bring enough for everyone!

So I've counted and recounted the FE participants list. I keep coming up with different numbers.

I came up with a total of 120... and in my case, I grouped the 16 and 17 year olds as adults. So my final answer is 60 adults and 60 kids... did anyone else get the same count? I want to make sure I bring enough for everyone!

This might help
HELP Click Here

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sorry I've been MIA so long.

It's been a crazy busy summer and I thought that a few weeks before the cruise, I'd jump in and post more. But it wasn't meant to be. :sad2:

The last 2 weeks have been obscenely CRAZY - more so than usual. :headache: I haven't even had time to log in and read the posts here. :eek: It's been one emergency after another and will probably continue until we leave on the 18th!

And in the midst of all this, we decided to buy a new house. :rolleyes1 The contract hasn't been finalized yet so I will need to light a fire under the attorneys so that can be done before I leave.

Anyway, I'm so excited to see such an active group here! :woohoo: I'm taking a little break today to check in to the roll call and to print out all my travel documents. It's my official 40th birthday today so I deserve a little break from all this stressful work.

But my real celebration doesn't start until next week. :cheer2: Looking forward to meeting all of you soon. See you at the Goofy pool at 3pm on 8/29!!! :dance3:

I stopped at 120 because I didn't have time to do more.

Actually the kids helped lots and it kept them busy for a bit helping. But towards the end they got tired and I didn't have time to add more since I was so busy.

But realized that means we'll have 4 extra since we don't have to give to ourselves and the 120 figure includes the 4 of us.

Looking forward to the FE!!

It's my official 40th birthday today so I deserve a little break from all this stressful work.

But my real celebration doesn't start until next week. :cheer2: Looking forward to meeting all of you soon. See you at the Goofy pool at 3pm on 8/29!!! :dance3:[/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday!!!:dance3: We will be happy to celebrate your birthday with you on the cruise. See you then!:banana:

Anyone considering doing the Castaway 5K? I'm thinking about walking it, running is not a good option for me.

I'd walk it with you, I can't run either. Although, if it's insanely hot/humid I might just head for the nearest frozen adult beverage instead, you understand... Does one need to pre-register or does one just show up for the 5k?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter