• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

Here it is with the comma

proofdisney-1.jpg

It looks like I'm leaning towards offering 2 sizes Adult and Youth. By offering 2 sizes it drives the cost up approx .20 to .30 cents per sold bracelet. I think the youth size will fit the little ones much better. I will have a final price tonight after I do the counts. I know that we are over $1.00 but less then $1.35.The more we sell the cheaper it gets. I will PM the user that have requested only one size asking them to resubmit their order. By offering 2 sizes we will also have plenty of extras. We can split the extras up on the boat or better yet we can give them too cast members that are doing a good job. Identifying the good servers from the bad ones LOL :confused3

Love the idea of giving some to cast members. I know a great bartender.

Let us know what the price is, this is the best bargain on the cruise.

Packing, Packing, Packing!:sail:

11 pairs of shoes for me!:rolleyes1

7 bathing suits!:beach:

6 purses!:cutie:

Shopping online finding some good deals... Kohls has great tees for men two for 20 and sneakers for DH, look for free shipping! Ebags is running a great sale on bags, packing cubes, etc. I got a great double tote for bottles of alcohol.:woohoo:

Here it is with the comma

proofdisney-1.jpg

It looks like I'm leaning towards offering 2 sizes Adult and Youth. By offering 2 sizes it drives the cost up approx .20 to .30 cents per sold bracelet. I think the youth size will fit the little ones much better. I will have a final price tonight after I do the counts. I know that we are over $1.00 but less then $1.35.The more we sell the cheaper it gets. I will PM the user that have requested only one size asking them to resubmit their order. By offering 2 sizes we will also have plenty of extras. We can split the extras up on the boat or better yet we can give them too cast members that are doing a good job. Identifying the good servers from the bad ones LOL :confused3

These look great! Do you happen to know though, what age group defines getting the bracelet for? I would hate to order youth and have them be too small for the kids

These look great! Do you happen to know though, what age group defines getting the bracelet for? I would hate to order youth and have them be too small for the kids

I will have plenty of extras but the sizes are

Youth: 7.0inches - Used mostly for kids and young adults.

Adult: 8.0inches - Used for teenagers and adults.

I just checked to see what the movies are for Aug 15 and right now the movies on board are:

Bolt 3D
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Race to Witch Mountain
Earth
Up 3D
The Proposal
G Force

These may change but they usually keep them on board for a month or so. Mainly G rated and the others will probably show later in the evening or late afternoon.

Any word on docs arriving yet? I saw the Aug 22 cruisers are already receiving theirs so we should be getting ours this week or so. Can't wait.:cool1:

No docs here yet. In Nov we received them a little less than three weeks out, so I'm hoping next week sometime if not sooner! Thanks for the movie update, my kids are dying to see G-force, but I don't want to spend the cash when I know they will see it on the ship in a couple of weeks. I keep telling them it will still be on when we cruise, but since they don't know how soon we are cruising, they don't believe me. They all know they are doing another Disney Cruise, just not when it is.

So we traveled all around to Michael's Arts and Crafts and to Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts.

We devised what we *thought* would be a great grown-up FE gift-- we were thinking of one per adult or possibly one per cabin, and then a different gift for the kids.

Both are homemade- Is that the route a lot of people are going? Also, does anyone have anything against edible somethings? (I know some people are leery about eating stuff from strangers...)

And I want to throw this out there: The adult gift we are making is created by myself, my 9 year old and my 45 year old... so they may not be store-bought perfect but created with love! :love:

So we traveled all around to Michael's Arts and Crafts and to Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts.

We devised what we *thought* would be a great grown-up FE gift-- we were thinking of one per adult or possibly one per cabin, and then a different gift for the kids.

Both are homemade- Is that the route a lot of people are going? Also, does anyone have anything against edible somethings? (I know some people are leery about eating stuff from strangers...)

And I want to throw this out there: The adult gift we are making is created by myself, my 9 year old and my 45 year old... so they may not be store-bought perfect but created with love! :love:

My gifts are part homemade part store bought. The only problem I can see is Disney does not let you bring unwrapped homemade food onboard. There have been a lot of posts on the main board about homemade cookies and things others have wanted to bring on for the crew. I don't know the exact rules, but you can check out the FAQ section, or even make a post on the main cruise boards, someone there may know more than I do about it. They will let you bring wrapped food, and by wrapped, they mean store bought sealed in its original wrapper. I don't kow what you are planning on making, or if there is a way around this for what you are making, so it's hard to say for sure. Personally, I love homemade gifts best, I think it makes it more special that someone took the time and energy to come up with something nice for everyone. At Christmas, I make thousands of cookies, yes thousands, and yes I am crazy, for the mechanics that work for my husband at US Airways. They have to work Christmas Day away from their families, to make sure everyone else's families get where they are going, and the company doesn't do anything for them, so I do. Just the thank you's I get at the Christmas Party makes all the work worth it. Don't know if this helps or not, maybe someone else in this group may have a better answer.

I just checked to see what the movies are for Aug 15 and right now the movies on board are:

Bolt 3D
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Race to Witch Mountain
Earth
Up 3D
The Proposal
G Force

These may change but they usually keep them on board for a month or so. Mainly G rated and the others will probably show later in the evening or late afternoon.

Any word on docs arriving yet? I saw the Aug 22 cruisers are already receiving theirs so we should be getting ours this week or so. Can't wait.:cool1:

Our grandson;) has been wanting to see G-Force and now we will have to take him when we are on board:thumbsup2 .

Are you ready? This cruise is coming quick.

I posted the Mickey's So Long Summer Cruise excursion plans for St. Maarten, now it’s time for St. Thomas and a trip to Magens Bay.

Reminder, if you want to book excursions with DCL online, get a move on. You can always book on the ship at the Shore Excursion Desk.

Wednesday we’ll be in St. Thomas for a good part of the day. We dock at Charlotte Amalie, the capital of the United States Virgin Islands at the Havensight Pier. This is a very popular cruise port. There’s plenty of shopping in walking distance of the dock or you can take a taxi to the downtown area. Usually we’re the only ship on port unlike St. Marteen.

We plan to get off the ship around 9 a.m. I would like to meet on Deck 9 by the Goofy pool, starboard at 8:45 a.m. (an hour early than St. Marteen because of travel time to the bay)

Magens Bay is one of the most popular beaches in the world because of it’s beauty. The water is very calm and crystal clear.

We’ll take a Safari Taxi to the bay from the end of the dock. The ride is about 25 minutes. The taxi should cost $18 per person round trip (it could be less with full taxis and for children). CASH ONLY!

Magens Bay is a public park. Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for children. CASH ONLY! Beach chairs and floats are available for rent from the shop on the beach. They also sell beach toys, rafts, etc. They take credit cards and cash. There’s a restaurant right next door that serves food, snacks and 2-for-1 rum punch that’s to die for.

We plan to stay most of the day. The taxis will line up in the afternoon to take you back to the ship at your leisure. They will also drop you off at shopping areas or take you back to the port.

Disclaimer: Like my last post, the prices quoted for both St. Marteen and St. Thomas are the current ones I could find on the internet and/or from memory. Please bring CASH and don’t kill me if I’m wrong!!!!

I want to see G-Force too...:goodvibes

Hopefully my kids will come with me:rotfl:

Joe

You've got lots of other friends to go with if the girls bail on you!!! Seems to be the movie of choice to see right now! In Nov, we saw the PREMEAR of Bolt, kids had us go to the first midnight showing so they could go home and brag that they were one of the first to see it. DH and I were so tired packing on Friday from our late night on Thursday, but it made the kids happy, and that is what it is all about!

Has anyone had good luck with two way radios or walkie talkies on the ship?

We're going with text. I figure a decent set would cost 35 whch is 70 texts for me. That's 10 texts a day and I can deal with that. I only pay for outgoing incoming is free. Check with your carrier I'm hoping texting will be mire reliable than the walkie talkies, I haven't read good thngs about their reliability Im also buying a magnetic dry erase for the inside of our cabin if the texting doesn't work well as a back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter