• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

Okay I will post tonight in more detail about the bracelets. Currently anyone who wants one should send me a PM on how many. This will make it much easier for me to keep track. Tonight I will put up a deadline for ordering. I will all post a few options on color,wording and then we can vote.

Mike

Okay I will post tonight in more detail about the bracelets. Currently anyone who wants one should send me a PM on how many. This will make it much easier for me to keep track. Tonight I will put up a deadline for ordering. I will all post a few options on color,wording and then we can vote.

Mike

Mike,

Let me know if you need any help! Also, I have the clip art for the DCL logo if we decide to use it.

Michele

I'll pm my request.

I think the clip art is a great idea. Ill pm you my email address so you can send it. Ill have my wife put a post together later a few choices and which ever one get the best response we will use.

Looks like the gty's got their room assignments today! I updated the list on p 86 post 1278, there are still 2 more gty rooms out there, once they check in with me, I will post the updated list again, then, unless someone else joins, I will not post it until Aug 9th for the final time.

Just checked DCL website and we have a room assignment, yippie. Room number is 5650. Thanks for taking care of this list Waltworshiper.

Excited my better half is homeward bound tonight or early tomorrow after a month away--think almost have the house clean and a turkey,etc prepped for tomorrow, now if the dogs would just go give themselves a bath...Can't wait to show him all the travel documents, so he can start getting excited too. Perhaps after some quality time in a few days I will even drag out the DCL dvd and torture him with that...It's starting to feel like it's getting close now to vacation time with the mouse

We're in for the fabulously fashionable bracelets. :thumbsup2

We generally bring a couple of boxes of movie candy and we've never had a problem with melted chocolate (jr mints are a favorite) Of course we've never sailed in Aug before either.

I pulled up the new DCL site and the Only 32 days until your cruise sets sail bit elicited more "Oh no, I'm not ready" than "Woo hoo, I'm excited"

So I've got my handy folder from last cruise and all my notes, paperwork, etc for this cruise scattered across my table and I'm going to attempt to at least get somewhat more organized and nail down travel plans today.

No worries Jan, still no plans to pack though. ;)

I think I may try to add a couple of days pre-cruise at US/IOA. It will mean DD (10 turning 11) will have to spend her birthday in an airplane flying across the country, but the end result should be worth it... yes?

Ok, WHEW! You had me worried! LOL!!! I can't be the only one with nothing packed yet. :eek: :laughing: I'm at least planning to start my packing list this weekend!!! That's a start! :idea:

Ok, WHEW! You had me worried! LOL!!! I can't be the only one with nothing packed yet. :eek: :laughing: I'm at least planning to start my packing list this weekend!!! That's a start! :idea:

No worries, you are not alone,Nothing packed here. Closest I have come is that it has crossed my mind that should take some formals to the drycleaners at some point. Right after I remember where I put them, and go through the agony of seeing what fits right. On second thought maybe I should do the latter, so I can see how much quality time I should be but haven't been spending at the gym. I did just do our online document stuff, but just to procrastinate from bathing the dogs. They are presently behaving ie sleeping, so don't want to bother them

You're in good company. Won't be packing for at least 2 more weeks. Though DD has been asking if we can start packing her stuff.:rotfl2:

Getting prepared here for the Florida weather, we've had 2 days of 90 degree weather and tomorrow is predicted to be 100 and then 90's again for next 2 days. Now, I'm in Seattle and we don't get this hot very often. I figured it was prepping me for our trip.:cool1:

We're totally "in" for the bracelets if it is not too late - sounds great! 5 adult and 3 youth.

Thanks for ordering!! :cool1:

Mike

Sent you a PM - count us in for 4! Thanks.

Got tied up with work will post choices tomorrow. I'm getting the PM's and keeping track. Keep them coming.

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

This is being reposted as we now have all the cabin numbers, please recheck to make sure cabin #'s are correct.

It looks like there are 31 families participating 58 adults and 62 kids. We have a nice diverse group, moms, dads, grandparents, kids of all ages and even a 3mos old little guy! We also have several birthdays that I know of including a couple of special ones, 2 sweet 16 girls and a 40th bday! If anyone else is celebrating anything just let me know

If you still would like to join, it would be with the understanding that not everyone will deliver to your room. People need time to order/make things and may not have enough for the people that join late. There will still be some that will, but we cannot guarantee that everyone would. We don't want to deny anyone the Disney experience of the FE, so if you are ok with those terms, we would be glad to see your family still join. People joining after 6/21 will have their names listed in green, to distinguish them from people who joined earlier, just in case someone bought early and does not have extras for those who joined late. Should anyone else join from now until then, I will update and post a new list. The absolutely final list will be posted on Aug 9th.

At this point, everyone below has responded that they will be on our cruise and participating.If you should get a surprise upgrade, or decide to upgrade at port or for any other change in rooms after some of us have left, put a note on my cabin 7022 and I will give out notes when I make the first delivery

V12diablo - Cabin's 1051 & 1053
Sue(DW), Laura DGM, DD-Allison-12, DS-Zachary-10(1051) Jason(DH), Rob, DS-Isaiah-7, DS-Zachary-13 (1053)

AnnieL - Cabin # 2017
Annie Marie & Bill, DD-Chloe-7, DD-Ava-5

jmchone0830 - Cabin #'s 2138-2140
Josie & Donald, DS-Stephen-13, DS-Ryan-11, DD-Megan-6,

4everluvDisney Cabin #2552 will give cabin as soon as it is assigned
Audrey, Doug, DGS-Spencer-6

ALLY092299 Cabin # 2556
Lori, DD-Ally-9

RunDanceSkate - Cabin # 5522
Cindy & Michael, DS-Malcolm-15, DD-Montana-12

ydrj Cabin #5524
Yvonne & Doug, DS-Ryan-14, DD-Amanda-12

Cinderella1001 - Cabin #5629 & 5631
Celinda & John, DD-Jessica - 16 (Celebrating her Sweet 16), DD'sBFF-Courtney - 16 (Also Celebrating her Sweet 16)

racheltatt Cabin # 5650
Rachel & Matt

Chowboys Cabin #6006
Nasrin, DS-Aden-6, DS-Noah-10

nycemschic Cabin #6011
Sophia & Chris, DD-Kayleigh-9

Thetowlers Cabin #6067

Brian & Margie, DD-Rachel-6, DS-Shane-4

(with Thetowlers) #Cabin 6069
Alfred & Barbara, DD-Cheyene-13, DD-Montanna-10

skiingwife - Cabin #'s 6134/6135
Steve & Melissa, DS-Spencer-16, DS-Alex-14, DS-Nick - 11

Michele325 (thegoofy5) Cabin # 6524/6526
Michele & Howard, DD-Marissa-10, DS-Noah-6, DS-Zachary-4

jmefox Cabin #6543
Jamie & Christopher, DS-Elliot-3mos

MakingScrapbooks Cabin #6547
Jan(Celebrating 40th Bday), DS-Michael-13, DS-Matthew-11, DD-Miranda-8

Mojodisney Cabin # 6550
Monique & Tim, DD-Elizabeth-7, DDF-Mikayla-7

Matdrew - Cabin # 6551

Edie, DS-Drew-11, DS-James-7, DD-Juliana-4

goofy4U Cabin #6552- will give cabin as soon as it is assigned
Alma & Mike, DD-Lorena-13

SleepyatDVC - Cabin #6562
Grace & Sam, DD-Emma-10, DD-Lauren-8

My4PhillyGirls - Cabin # 6570
Joe, DD-Natalia-17, DD-Jenei-13, DD-Deyshia (Deja)-9

The Fox Family Cabin #7631
Karen & Jerry, DS-Rick-15, DS-Will-15

Bellelinus - Cabin #7020
Julie, DD-Elizabeth-17, DD-Katherine-14, DD-Meredith-12

Waltworshiper - Cabin #7022
Sharon & Walt, DS-Mark-11, DS-John-10, DS-Matthew-7

***Cabin #7024 (with Waltworshiper but will be making their own delivery)
Jason(adult DS), Brittany (DSW) both celebrating bdays while onboard & 1st pregnancy

Castaway Cayley - Cabin #7128
Cayley & Paul, DS-Cameron-5

EyeDisneyCruise - Cabin # 7528
Trisha & Ben, DD-Alexandra-4, DS-Zachary - 2

Cigy7 Cabin # 8556
Mike & Tara, DS-Chase-22mos, DD-Sienna-3 1/2

jel0511 Cabin # 8584
Lori & Darren, DD-Julianna-11, DS-Brandon-8

AzPirates-8594
Kerry & Sheila, DS-Tanner-13, DD-Cammi-11

Please double check me that your info is correct!

Saturday 2 deliveries-whenever everyone is settled and you have time
Anytime Delivery-Waltworshiper - Sharon 1st delivery
Anytime Delivery-Jason & Brittany 2nd delivery

Sunday
AM- Bellelinus - Julie
Afternoon- Cinderella1001 - Celinda
Evening- EyeDisneyCruise - Trisha
Anytime Delivery-goofy4U-Alma
Anytime Delivery-Mojodisney-Monique

Monday
AM- Making Scrapbooks-Jan
Afternoon-My4PhillyGirls-Joe
Evening- ydrj - Yvonne
Anytime Delivery-4everluvDisney-Audrey
Anytime Delivery-CastawayCayley-Cayley

Tuesday
AM-jmefox-Jamie
PM-skiingwife-Melissa
Anytime Delivery-(with Thetowler)Alfred & Barbara
Anytime Delivery-Matdrew-Edie

Wednesday
AM-The Fox Family-Karen
PM- SleepyatDVC - Grace
Anytime Delivery-Thetowlers-Brian & Margie
Anytime Delivery-AnnieL-Annie Marie

Thursday
AM- ALLY092299 - Lori
Afternoon-jel0511-Lori
Evening-RunDanceSkate-Cindy
Anytime Delivery-AzPirates
Anytime Delivery-jmchone0830-Josie

Friday
AM-chowboys-Nasrin
Anytime Delivery-Michele325(thegoofy5)-Michele

Surprise Anytime delivery
nycemschic
racheltatt
V12diablo
Cigy7

My daughter is exceptionally rough on them so we'd like 5 adult ones if possible.

SOOOOO many ideas for FE gifts- I'm glad someone approached the "does chocolate melt in August in Florida" question...

We're headed to an Oriental Trading-type warehouse store today. Wish us luck!

Greetings fellow cruisers...

I know that there is a great list of those in our group who are participating in the FE, but I was wondering; is there a list that includes those (like my family) who are not doing the FE-thing, but are still here?

Just curious...

The only thing bad about the cruise coming so quickly, is that summer is FLYING by...I'm so conflicted...

Thanks Sharon, what is the current count with and without the green? Adults and children? Thanks. Still working on my gift :) Also should have the deck plans but am trying to figure out to what color to put everyone in, I really don't want to change the original cabin color (too much work) but I did those in green.

Ok, what do you think? Can someone check it for me?

FEE-cabins-web.jpg

Is anyone interested in splitting on a limo to and from the ship.

We were going to do a rental car but the rates are way up there $42 one day, one way and then $45 in mileage charges plus tax. For the 4 of us it cost $50 per person round trip (RT). Plus fuel and tolls.

A town car limo seats 4 and cost $60.5 per person RT plus tip.
A stretch limo seats 8 and cost $46.5 per person RT plus tip
A ford club van seats 10 but if 8 people used it $37.88 per person RT plus tip
or if there were 10 people $30.3per person RT plus tip

There are lots of other options as well depending on how many people participate.

Is anyone interested in splitting on a limo to and from the ship.

We were going to do a rental car but the rates are way up there $42 one day, one way and then $45 in mileage charges plus tax. For the 4 of us it cost $50 per person round trip (RT). Plus fuel and tolls.

A town car limo seats 4 and cost $60.5 per person RT plus tip.
A stretch limo seats 8 and cost $46.5 per person RT plus tip
A ford club van seats 10 but if 8 people used it $37.88 per person RT plus tip
or if there were 10 people $30.3per person RT plus tip

There are lots of other options as well depending on how many people participate.

Sorry, we're already sharing with another family.

Did you try FL Tours. We got a great rate from them. Two resort pick ups, grocery stop then port for $175.

Good luck!

I know that there is a great list of those in our group who are participating in the FE, but I was wondering; is there a list that includes those (like my family) who are not doing the FE-thing, but are still here?

Just curious...

The only thing bad about the cruise coming so quickly, is that summer is FLYING by...I'm so conflicted...

MN_Cruz'n,

I'll play Unofficial Cruise Director (a dream come true).

This will be our 6th DCL and have done this route before. :thumbsup2

Several families are interested in going with us to Meghan's Bay and Shopping/Beach in St. Marteen.party:

Trust me, don't waste your money with beach excursions through DCL. I can save you $$$ by doing it yourself and get you more time to enjoy the beaches. :cool1:

We normally eat breakfast then head off the ship as soon as we can when we get to a port.:yay:

In St. Marteen there is great shopping and a beach close to the ship. We can take a water taxi to Front Street for $5 pp, shop or not, and rent two beach chairs, umbrella and two beers for $10!!:beach:

In St. Thomas we'll take a cab to Meghan's Bay and enjoy the beach. The cab is about $6 each way pp and $4 pp to enter the beach. For $20 bucks you'll get 7 hours on the beach. The DCL excursion will arrive around 12 and leave at 2, it cost $65 pp with lunch. Way over priced! And, I know where we can get two for one rum punch!:drinking1

As we get closer to our cruise date we can talk about meeting time and places onboard, costs and plans!!!!:teacher:

31 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:boat::boat::boat:

Thanks Sharon, what is the current count with and without the green? Adults and children? Thanks. Still working on my gift :) Also should have the deck plans but am trying to figure out to what color to put everyone in, I really don't want to change the original cabin color (too much work) but I did those in green.

Ok, what do you think? Can someone check it for me?

On the big list still 58 adults and 62 kids, a total of 31 families delivering, if you take out the green 48 adults 57 kids 27 cabins, but for the most part I think most people will be delivering to all the cabins, and we now have all the cabins assigned, so you're chart should be good unless we get anyone else in the next week joining.

Just curious...

I would be happy to post another list including the other cabins of people who are not participating in the FE, but are involved in our DIS group. Whoever would like to be added to the list, let me know names and cabin #'s by a pm and I will combine that with the FE list and post it as a disfriends list. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter