• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

I'm glad you all posted about cabin assignments for us gty folks coming through. I was tired of picturing myself sleeping in a lifeboat somewhere.

Looks like we were upgraded... Woo Hoo!
Downside is that we were assigned a connecting cabin with a solid wall verandah. Oh well, I think we'll live. ;)
I'm just really glad we're aft. That's where we've always been. I was afraid if we ended up anywhere else, I'd always be turned around, just force of habit.

Anyone access the new DCL website? If so what did you think:confused3

I had to delete all of my cookies and history and then type in the disney website name in order to get it.

If I googled it, I would get the old website.

Joe

Anyone access the new DCL website? If so what did you think:confused3

I had to delete all of my cookies and history and then type in the disney website name in order to get it.

If I googled it, I would get the old website.

Joe

I think it is a great improvement - I particularly like the way my current reservation comes up, lists how many days until we sail, and shows what I have booked in a more clear manner. Goodness knows that site needed an update - let's just hope they also upgraded the underlying code and computing power as well as the appearance so that people don't keep having problems trying to book at 90 days.

I'm glad you all posted about cabin assignments for us gty folks coming through. I was tired of picturing myself sleeping in a lifeboat somewhere.

Looks like we were upgraded... Woo Hoo!
Downside is that we were assigned a connecting cabin with a solid wall verandah. Oh well, I think we'll live. ;)
I'm just really glad we're aft. That's where we've always been. I was afraid if we ended up anywhere else, I'd always be turned around, just force of habit.

Congrats on the upgrade! Three down, one to go on the gty rooms for the FE list. Racheltatt, when you get your room assignment let me know.

My kids are getting mad because they know we are going on a cruise, but don't know when it is. They are begging me and my DH to tell them. It's hard for me not to tell them, and I keep asking DH if we should. He says we have kept it from them for this long, it's only a few more weeks. We have told them they are going to the beach at the end of August, so they will not be suspicious of my packing.

Hi,
gottolovedisney and goofy4u, I just sent you both a PM about e-mailing. Thanks, and I look forward to e-mailing your daughters!
Katie

Does anyone see where your dining time is listed on the new DCL website? I can't find that in the reservation

Thanks!!

Pull up your reservation, on the my reservation screen, right under where it says how many days til vacation click to view details. Scroll down in that screen and it is listed with your other info.

Wow. I can't believe it's getting so close. Let's see...

Fish extender -- Done (Thanks Jamie)
Fish extender gifts -- Done
Door magnets -- Done
New clothes -- Done
$6.99 dress for formal night bought on ebay -- Done
Shoe holder from Dollar Store -- Done
Laundry bags from Dollar Store -- Done

This is getting so fun and exciting! We are going to have so much fun.

Did anyone recieve their docs yet?

Is there a way to see when we'll be in each restaurant? We have Palo ressies, but I just KNOW that it will be on the night that we get to go to Animator's Palate, our favorite!

We still are deciding on what to do for the FE gifts. I had one delicious Disney themed idea, but I read that someone is getting Philly souvenirs... I wonder if I should grab some NYC ones? So many ideas, so little time!

Did anyone recieve their docs yet?

Is there a way to see when we'll be in each restaurant? We have Palo ressies, but I just KNOW that it will be on the night that we get to go to Animator's Palate, our favorite!

We still are deciding on what to do for the FE gifts. I had one delicious Disney themed idea, but I read that someone is getting Philly souvenirs... I wonder if I should grab some NYC ones? So many ideas, so little time!

No docs yet. They should come any day. We're going to WDW on 8/23 and haven't received those docs yet.

No, there is no way to see the restaurant rotation. You don't know what it will be until you board. You can put in a request with DCL or your TA if you used one. It's a long shot, but some people do get what they asked for.

Here we are 8556 half a ship away

Are you in the FE ? If so finally and easy delivery :yay:

I checked the list for you, and there are a 2 other cabins beside yours on your deck 8, so 2 easy deliveries, but the big winner seems to be deck 6 with 13 families! We are on deck 7 with 5 other cabins, so by the time we deliver to decks 5 + 6 we're almost 2/3 of the way done!

Here we are 8556 half a ship away

Me 42
DW 36
DD 3 1/2
DS 22 months

New Jersey in the house :thumbsup2:banana:

Are you in the FE ? If so finally and easy delivery :yay:

No, we are not doing the FE, sorry we couldn't make your rounds easier for you:)

Our kids are 13,11 and 8--looking foward to meeting you

Can't wait for my cabana massage!!

We're doing a cabana massage too at 1:00 pm on CC.

I just read on another thread about cabana massage discounts. The poster didn't reply yet, but I think they offer spa discounts throughout the week on board. But, we're sailing with a "full" ship and I'm not taking any chances of not getting one with DH. I'm surprising him for our anniversary.

Oh, by the way... It's now 34 days!

Katie,

Sign up online. It's much easier and takes less time than doing it at the port or on the ship.

Katie, it depends on your age group. I believe you're older than 10, so then you sign up on the ship. Online signup is only available to those kids in the club and lab, if you're in Stack or OQ, I don't believe there is a sign up, you just go when you want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter