• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

packing?:confused3 Haven't even started. I did buy a couple of pairs of shorts today and preordered some tank tops that I can use on the trip. and we bought DD a Tinkerbelle shirt for her birthday, end of month (at Nordy's anniversary presale) But as for packing not even. I have 2 business trips before our cruise so I have to concentrate on packing for those first. But then again DH knows that I can pack us up in an hour, have done it many times:rolleyes1

Pack in an HOUR?? I can't even change my purse in an hour! LOL

That'll be Great!! We would Love to tag along ... would we need to reserve megans bay thru DCL or would we go on our own?? Did you say Shopping .... Music to My Ears!!!

RJ

We don't reserve through DCL, we do Meghan's Bay on our own same for St Marteen. The ship charges about 60 bucks per person, that does include a crummy lunch, we'll do it for 16 and get our own food and 2 for 1 rum punches! We don't do much shopping in ST too expensive being part of the good ole US of A. We do our major shopping in SM, much much cheaper!

YIPPEE!! My hubby just finished helping me sew my FE!! I'll post a pic as soon as we finish it off with the dowel rod, names, and ribbons. It feels so good to have that done. Our anniversary was today, so having him help was a nice gift. :yay::yay::yay:

We're staying at WL the week before the cruise. We arrive Sunday morning. After the cruise we're heading back home cuz school starts.

We are staying at my inlaws in Ocala for the week before the cruise, then Friday night at Animal Kingdom, as well as the night we return. We need to head home on Sunday too because DD's school starts on Tues and my nursing school starts on Wed.

Has anyone ever been to Discovery Cove? If I can get a few shifts of overtime before we leave, I may consider hitting that in the week leading up to the cruise. And Sat. morning we are checking out Kennedy Space Center.

I E-mailed the Loterie Farm about the ziplining. They do not accept reservations from cruise ships anymore. We are thinking of risking it and heading over there and *hoping* to get in. We are not big shoppers and this seems like an adventure that is totally us.

Bath and Body works has this hand sanitizer spray that cost like 35 cents
(90% off) it's called clean well. It fits in your pocket and smells like spearmint, way better than the Walgreens garbage smelling one. I plan on putting a little cash in my lanyard with my ID and room key, and the hand santizer in my pocket. Sunscreen goes on before I leave the room. Though DH did use a fanny pack made by Jeep so it was "manly" on our last cruise.

Still no luck with the walkie talkies. We can't decide if we need them or want them or if they are just not worth it. And we decided-- no charging privleges for DD. Thank for all your input!

Has anyone ever been to Discovery Cove? If I can get a few shifts of overtime before we leave, I may consider hitting that in the week leading up to the cruise. And Sat. morning we are checking out Kennedy Space Center.
!

I did Discovery Cove with my girls in August of 2006, and it was one of the most wonderful days we ever spent together -- really magical. We would like to do it again one day. If you have any specific questions about the day, let me know.

Hi,
Where is everyone staying before/after the cruise? My family is staying at the Wilderness Lodge.
Also, for the 13 year-old girls, which kids club will you be in- the 8-12, or the 13-17?
Katie:idea:

We get in on Monday before the cruise and will be staying at Pop Century. Staying here is how we can afford to do the cruise. We fly home Saturday night after we disembark. DD7 will have missed 2 days of school so better not miss anymore.

Hi,
Where is everyone staying before/after the cruise? My family is staying at the Wilderness Lodge.
Also, for the 13 year-old girls, which kids club will you be in- the 8-12, or the 13-17?
Katie:idea:

We checkin at HRH on Tuesday and are there until Sat, then it's off to the port. We fly home right after the cruise, the kids start school on tuesday, so need time to get ready. My DD who is 11, will be in OQ.

I've got 2 Sweet 16 girls coming that have no idea that they are even taking a cruise. We will be staying at the GF on Friday and then off to the port. DH just bought his swim trunks for the trip yesterday and I have slowly started getting some of the packing list whittled down into the bags. FE's are done unless there are a few more to be added at the last minute. :goodvibes

We are in Orlando for 9 days before the cruise. We rented a villa in Kissimmee.
This will be our second cruise, last year we did a 4 night on the Wonder in May.
We are from the Netherlands, Europe.

CU
Desiree

Any there any friends-to-be coming for my 17 yr old son Robert? :confused3

Welcome! I checked our FE list and don't see any 17 yo boys, but there are a few 16 & 17 yo girls and twin 15 yo boys going along, and there could be some on the boards that aren't participating in our FE.

We fly in the afternoon before the cruise, spend that night at the Hyatt at the airport, and fly straight home after leaving the ship. This is the first cruise we have taken that we haven't tried to add a few days on one side or the other in Orlando, but it's just not possible for this summer.

We will be at WDW for a week before the cruise. We are staying at Pop Century from Sunday to Wednesday and then Animal Kingdom Villas till we leave for the port on Saturday. We will be heading home (we are driving) right after the cruise as our grandson starts grade 1 on the Tuesday.

Welcome! I checked our FE list and don't see any 17 yo boys, but there are a few 16 & 17 yo girls and twin 15 yo boys going along, and there could be some on the boards that aren't participating in our FE.

Rick would be interested in emailing Robert
his email is
rollingrick@att.net
or will
wilfox@att.net
rick and will are 15 1/2 twins
this is their second disney cruise and first
time in the teen activities
we are participating in the FE group

We made an extra fish extender it has a blue background with white pockets and red trim we were going to add some iron on designs. If anyone still needs a fish extender and is interested in buying our extra one I can post the picture and we could make whatever custom iron ons designs or add their names
it has 4 pockets we would sell it to whoever is interested for $25.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter