August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

OMG, that is too funny. We are doing the same thing with the visa. My dh just signed up for it on our last trip. We actually flew the SEA-MCO direct flight on Alaska and it was great, and we used miles for all of us. We are hoping to use miles for 1, companion for 1 and buy 2 tickets this trip.

I had no idea Tortola was so close. We really wanted to do the Tortola cruise but it was so much more expensive. How are you planning to get to Tortola?

We are planning on the direct too, probably the red eye. DD will be 4 and I would rather deal with one long flight, then messing with connections. And we are loyal Alaska Air customers! And FIL will maybe give us some upgrades.

DCL is showing a Tortola Dolphin experience on their St. Thomas port excursions. It is a boat that takes you. DD would be too young to swim with them, but just taking the boat and watching would be fun. I will likely end up taking her to Coral World in the Am though. Isn't that pirate night? So I want to make sure she gets a nap that night.

Funny thing is the WL appeals to me more because like home!! :)

We just booked..Looking forward to another great Disney Cruise.
DH-51
DW-40
DS-14
DS-12
DD-12

Glad that you will be joining us. This should be a great end of the summer cruise.

I see that you have two children age twelve. If they are twins, please read the previous pages and I think there is another family that will be traveling with twins also.

Joe

Awwwww shucks!! You have to do what you have to do though.

I've been meaning to ask how your DD did in the NYC competition though. Hope she did well! :thumbsup2

I know...I was looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great cruise. I'm still a little sad so I haven't been reading through the thread.

My daughter did really well in the competition. She loved NYC! We don't know exactly where she placed because they only gave out awards for the top three. It was a huge competition this year...96 entries in her level alone!! This past weekend she was invited to dance in a festival that usually only professionals dance in so she was on cloud 9. :cloud9: Next up is my son's international ice hockey tournament so things are never dull around here. At least it keeps me from dwelling on the cruise. Right now we're looking at possibly taking a short DVC trip sometime next year if we don't sell our points soon.

I'll stop by every once in awhile to see how the planning is coming along and maybe even answer a few questions since I've been on this cruise before. Just do me a favor and have a drink for me at the sailaway party! I'll be thinking of everyone and watching you on the webcam!!! :surfweb: :lovestruc :wave2:

Today my mom and dad officially joined our cruise group. This brings our group size to eight.

They got one of the sph cabins:banana: :banana: :banana:

Joe

Our family is going as well on the August 29 2009 cruise.

DH39, DW39, DD12,DS9,DD8(At the time of the cruise). It is our first cruise. Our youngest has Autism and she loves the water and Disney. Wait... we all love it. Will be nice to see everyone onboard.

DH39, DW39, DD12,DS9,DD8(At the time of the cruise). It is our first cruise. Our youngest has Autism and she loves the water and Disney. Wait... we all love it. Will be nice to see everyone onboard.

Welcome,

Glad that your family is joining us.

Joe

Glad to have your family aboard!!!

Hey Joe and everyone else -

Now that we have so many people joining this rollcall...

Since Luckymommyx2 is no longer on this cruise with us :sad1: and she was the one to start this thread, how do you think we should maintain the rollcall list now? Luckymommyx2 won't be able to edit her first post to keep the list updated anymore.

Options:

1) Someone else that posted on the FIRST page of the rollcall will take over the list and continue to update on the first page.

2) Start a new thread with a link to it from this thread.

3) Just post the roll call list periodically so that it comes up frequently - especially when new cruisers join/post.

4) ???

Personally, I'm thinking #3. Lots of other boards don't even have the edit function after the first 5-10 minutes so we are use to updating the rollcalls periodically throughout the thread.

What does anyone else think?

Hey Joe and everyone else -

Now that we have so many people joining this rollcall...

Since Luckymommyx2 is no longer on this cruise with us :sad1: and she was the one to start this thread, how do you think we should maintain the rollcall list now? Luckymommyx2 won't be able to edit her first post to keep the list updated anymore.

Options:

1) Someone else that posted on the FIRST page of the rollcall will take over the list and continue to update on the first page.

2) Start a new thread with a link to it from this thread.

3) Just post the roll call list periodically so that it comes up frequently - especially when new cruisers join/post.

4) ???

Personally, I'm thinking #3. Lots of other boards don't even have the edit function after the first 5-10 minutes so we are use to updating the rollcalls periodically throughout the thread.

What does anyone else think?

I vote for option #3. DCL is having that great 50% deposit promotion right now so we may get a lot of new cruisers in the next month.

Joe

Hi all. I haven't checked-in for a while. I still have not booked (hello fuel surcharge :worried: ) but am frantically trying to come up with the 1/2 off deposit by the deadline.

DS15 was nominated by his principal (only 1 of 6 students from his 3000+ student high school...proud mommy moment) to go to a conference in Washington DC in the fall so my deposit money went towards securing his spot ($1,600 not including airfare :scared1: ), which is awesome and I am thrilled that I could do it on my single-mommy income but it sort of killed our DCL fund.

How many 5 cent pop cans does it take to get $375??????

Gina (37)
Hayden (15.5)
Jensen (12.5)

I was wondering the same thing. I also vote for #3. We did that on our last cruise thread and I was the one keeping the list. I am happy to volunteer again.

Hi all. I haven't checked-in for a while. I still have not booked (hello fuel surcharge :worried: ) but am frantically trying to come up with the 1/2 off deposit by the deadline.

DS15 was nominated by his principal (only 1 of 6 students from his 3000+ student high school...proud mommy moment) to go to a conference in Washington DC in the fall so my deposit money went towards securing his spot ($1,600 not including airfare :scared1: ), which is awesome and I am thrilled that I could do it on my single-mommy income but it sort of killed our DCL fund.

How many 5 cent pop cans does it take to get $375??????

Gina (37)
Hayden (15.5)
Jensen (12.5)

Well congratulations to your DS!!! That is quite an achievement!

Good thing the cruise is still a whiles away.

Well congratulations to your DS!!! That is quite an achievement!

Thank you.

I can't believe that his freshman year is over in a week! But then I got to thinking that when we go on this cruise, it will be just days before he starts his JUNIOR year!!! Oh dear. Where have the years gone?? My little babies are no more :sad1:

When I kept the previous list I had people pm, post or email me (thelisterlady at gmail dot com) their info.

The info would be names of people in your party and ages of kids, Dis id, where from, cabin number and fish extender participation (yes or no), then this list was also used by the people doing the fe gift exchange.

If this sounds acceptable, I will start collecting info and posting the list. Any other ideas, please feel free to chime in.

I would also like to propose that we come up with a fun name for our group, like all the others do. And a dis identifier. Our last group wore lime green silicone bracelets. Just some thoughts to ponder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter