August 29th, 2009--Eastern Magic...Let's Get it Started!

Joe,

:scared1: about housekeeping coming into your unit and making themselves at home during your stay! I would feel uncomfortable after that also.

I wonder if housekeeping had "observed" your parents leaving the day before and assumed you were all checking out? I think it happens a lot in timeshares where people don't use the whole week and check out early. Still :sad2: .

Thank goodness we have never experienced anything like this at MCH. It is still my favorite of the Marriotts in Orlando in terms of location and resort. I found MGV much too big.

We will be there the whole week and even though it is a timeshare with limited housekeeping, I expect that others will have access to the unit.

I have had DVC maintenance IN our unit when coming back to our room before. Of course, they were actually fixing something and not lounging around eating our food.

Thanks for letting me know your experience. It's always good to have a reminder not to get lack about security while on vacation.

SleepyatDVC,

In the future I may go back but I will never do it around a cruise. The MCH 2 bedrooms have plenty of space for a family of five but the beds were hard. My mom and dad slept on the sofa bed and they said it was very comfortable.

I would have understood if housekeeping thought that we had all left because my mom cleaned the place as though she was leaving:laundy:

The thing that scared me was that I had left our DW park tickets, cash and two suitcases in the second bedroom. It would have all been gone if we had not come back on that day.

Joe

Hi. We just got off a seven day and rebooked for a double dip for Aug 22nd & 29th. It's myself, DH, DD (10), DD(8) and DS(4) - at time of sailing. We love doing the fish extenders, magnets, meets, dressing up for pirate night etc. I still have green Mickey heads left over! We have main dining. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you. I'm an infrequent poster as we have a hectic schedule and I work full time, but I'll pop in as often as I can. Kim

Were you able to get the same cabins for both cruises:confused3

If so, this will make it so convenient for your transition between cruises.

On our last cruise we had a family that did a 3 Night and then a 4 Night Wonder cruise. They were the only passengers on the ship and sat out on Deck 4 as everyone in the terminal was envious of them having the entire ship to themselves.

Joe

Hi Everyone! Yes, we were able to get the same cabins. Does anyone know how the double dip works? I'm told we have to get off the ship with everyone else, but that our luggage can stay onboard. It would be so great if we could stay onboard, or at least not get up quite so early. :-)

Kim

Hi Everyone! Yes, we were able to get the same cabins. Does anyone know how the double dip works? I'm told we have to get off the ship with everyone else, but that our luggage can stay onboard. It would be so great if we could stay onboard, or at least not get up quite so early. :-)

Kim

In reading the trip reports for the double dips since you are going to have the same room I think you only have to leave the ship briefly to go through customs and they check you in first about 10:00 a.m. before the terminal opens to the new arrivals. Then you can go back on the ship and relax until everyone else boards.

Once you leave your rooms I don't know if they will let you back until 1:30 p.m. once they start boarding around 11:45 a.m. since others will want to go to their rooms also.

Joe

Hi. We just got off a seven day and rebooked for a double dip for Aug 22nd & 29th. It's myself, DH, DD (10), DD(8) and DS(4) - at time of sailing. We love doing the fish extenders, magnets, meets, dressing up for pirate night etc. I still have green Mickey heads left over! We have main dining. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you. I'm an infrequent poster as we have a hectic schedule and I work full time, but I'll pop in as often as I can. Kim

Welcome!! My DD will be 4 too! 14 days would be awesome! I am in WA too!

Wow - We should meet up at some point prior to the trip. Maybe this summer, or next! Our trip is sooooooooooo far away! It would be great for the kids to get to know each other some prior to the trip.

Kim

kimlam1 & mrsmoore...I'm also from WA :goodvibe...a couple hours East of Seattle:) We actually lived in Seattle for a while but then decided to move right after we had our daughter to be closer to family. ;) But we frequently make day trips over for various things.

I have to say that I'm also green with envy with your double booking. I've wanted to book back to backs for a long time now. Someday it'll happen...just not in 2009 :thumbsup2

It's been quite awhile since I posted on this thread...and OH-BOY so much talking has been going on. I had to quickly read through everything to get caught up. When I read about how everyone picked this particular week because of cost and schools I had to LOL...That's EXACTLY what we did. In our previous cruises we've always pulled the girls out of school for a couple weeks to cruise (and do WDW)...but with them getting older and the grades they'll be going into we figured we needed to stop pulling them out and pick dates that were during school vacations... When I saw this date and realized school does start later this year we booked right away. Of course they'll still be missing the first couple days of school:rolleyes1 But we figured...the first 2-3 days would be ALOT better than a whole week.

Palo...We've done it each cruise and LOVE it. I mixed between which is better..brunch or dinner..they are both soo good. The brunch has a huge variety to select from....things from breakfast foods, pastries, crab legs and pizza...to name a few. I'm guessing we'll book both again.

I guess I'll need to make sure I check back more offten to see what's happening. Right now we've just been so busy with life that I haven't seemed to have much time for anything. Summer's right around the corrner and we still don't have any major plans:eek: which I just hate.

Oh...Welcome to everyone who's joined since I was last here :goodvibes

That's fabulous scrapperjill. Maybe we can do a family picnic or something this summer so we can all meet.

Kim

kimlam1 & mrsmoore...I'm also from WA :goodvibe...a couple hours East of Seattle:) We actually lived in Seattle for a while but then decided to move right after we had our daughter to be closer to family. ;) But we frequently make day trips over for various things.

I have to say that I'm also green with envy with your double booking. I've wanted to book back to backs for a long time now. Someday it'll happen...just not in 2009 :thumbsup2

It's been quite awhile since I posted on this thread...and OH-BOY so much talking has been going on. I had to quickly read through everything to get caught up. When I read about how everyone picked this particular week because of cost and schools I had to LOL...That's EXACTLY what we did. In our previous cruises we've always pulled the girls out of school for a couple weeks to cruise (and do WDW)...but with them getting older and the grades they'll be going into we figured we needed to stop pulling them out and pick dates that were during school vacations... When I saw this date and realized school does start later this year we booked right away. Of course they'll still be missing the first couple days of school:rolleyes1 But we figured...the first 2-3 days would be ALOT better than a whole week.

Palo...We've done it each cruise and LOVE it. I mixed between which is better..brunch or dinner..they are both soo good. The brunch has a huge variety to select from....things from breakfast foods, pastries, crab legs and pizza...to name a few. I'm guessing we'll book both again.

I guess I'll need to make sure I check back more offten to see what's happening. Right now we've just been so busy with life that I haven't seemed to have much time for anything. Summer's right around the corrner and we still don't have any major plans:eek: which I just hate.

Oh...Welcome to everyone who's joined since I was last here :goodvibes

Are you doing WDW after the cruise? We are adding it on before. We are leaning towards just one day at MK and part of day at Hollywood Studios. DD will be just barely 4, so don't want to push it.

I am curious where people are staying of doing WDW before or after the cruise. I went to WDW in 1993 in HS, and we stayed in Kissimee. So, I know very little about the resorts. I just bought the Passporter, then read they will have a new one for 2009, oh well!

I am leaning towards Coronado Springs or Wilderness Lodge. I prefer WL, but not against Coronado Springs.

I am curious where you have stayed or are staying and any feedback. Thanks!

I am curious where people are staying of doing WDW before or after the cruise. I went to WDW in 1993 in HS, and we stayed in Kissimee. So, I know very little about the resorts. I just bought the Passporter, then read they will have a new one for 2009, oh well!

I am leaning towards Coronado Springs or Wilderness Lodge. I prefer WL, but not against Coronado Springs.

I am curious where you have stayed or are staying and any feedback. Thanks!

I own a timeshare in Kissimee and will probably go there after the cruise for a few days. We will probably fly in on Friday and stay at the Residence Inn in Port Canaveral. We stayed there in 2006 before our first cruise and really enjoyed it. Avis has an office right in front of the hotel so we might get a one way rental and turn it in after I drop the family off at the port.

Joe

Hello everyone,

Just saw on the boards that Disney will be adding a fuel charge on all passengers who do not book before May 28, 2008. So if anyone out there is sitting on the fence about booking this cruise it is now time to book.

I think the charge is $8.00 per day for the first two passengers and $4.00 per day for the rest of the passengers in your party.

Joe

I have a calendar on my computer that notifies me each Saturday as to how many weeks we have until the next DCL cruise. My wife thinks I'm crazy because it seems so far away. But I reminded her that I book this cruise when it came out and time has gone quickly since then.

My girls join me in the count down dance each Saturday morning:banana:
We looked at the clock around 11:50 a.m. and said that we would be boarding right now if we had boarding pass #2.

Joe

69 Weeks!!! :woohoo:

I'm actually in the midst of deciding on a NCL cruise to book either Spring Break 2009 or 2010. :eek: If I chose the 2010, my countdown will be OVER 23 months. :rotfl2:

69 Weeks!!! :woohoo:

I'm actually in the midst of deciding on a NCL cruise to book either Spring Break 2009 or 2010. :eek: If I chose the 2010, my countdown will be OVER 23 months. :rotfl2:

After this cruise we will probably not cruise again until after the new ships are built (2011 or 2012):confused3

My oldest will be in College starting in 2010 so I don't know if I will be able to afford it.

Joe

After this cruise we will probably not cruise again until after the new ships are built (2011 or 2012):confused3

My oldest will be in College starting in 2010 so I don't know if I will be able to afford it.

Joe

Say it isn't so! :eek:

Actually, the only reason we are doing another NCL cruise is because we pre-purchased the $250 deposit on board on our cruise last year. :rolleyes1 Have to sail within 30 months of purchasing it.

DH wants to vacation elsewhere besides Disney OR cruising so it will be something else after 2009. So, our next cruise (after these 2) will probably BE one of the new DCL ships. ;)

I have a calendar on my computer that notifies me each Saturday as to how many weeks we have until the next DCL cruise. My wife thinks I'm crazy because it seems so far away. But I reminded her that I book this cruise when it came out and time has gone quickly since then.

My girls join me in the count down dance each Saturday morning:banana:
We looked at the clock around 11:50 a.m. and said that we would be boarding right now if we had boarding pass #2.

Joe

69 Weeks sounds a lot shorter!! I like your countdown!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter