August 25 2012

We left the ship by 9 and didn't gt home until 11 PM, which is 3 hours later in California. LONG day of traveling. So much work to do at home now. Can't believe we start school in 2 days. Only got to meet a few of you, but thank you all for the lovely FE gifts. I think we only got 1 gift during the last 2 days though. We booked a dummy date, in fact I didn't even look at the date, but realized it's so much harder (and expensive) to travel from the west coast to the east coast for a cruise, so I''ll have to catch the Wonder while she's still here. Will look forward to reading your trip reports.
Would like to know - how was your service? We shared dining with Patricia1 and we all thought our service was terrible. Wish we hadn't pre-paid our tips. Anxious to hear what future cruises you booked.
For the late-comers to the FE list, I tried to find your cabins, but some didn't have a FE hanging and some didn't have room numbers listed. Sorry if I missed you.

We're back home safe and sound and sleepy...it's almost 1 pm here and DS is actually still asleep. Granted, he got home later than the rest of us because we dropped him off, directly from the airport, at a friend's Bat Mitzvah party.

What a great cruise! It was so nice meeting other DISboarders. And re-meeting Bev and Jim (Disneyholic), whom we'd met previously on the Nov 28, 2009 Magic. Thank you all for the wonderful FE presents. It's such a nice way to add a little extra "magic" to the cruise.

The kids were totally surprised, as planned...full report to follow at some point with picture. But for now, laundry calls. Back to the real world...

--Suzanne

I posted some pics on the FB group page.

The concierges, especially Julia and Kamisha, were absolutely outstanding!! They really made sure we made the most of any and all perks we had available to us.

Our stateroom host was also truly exceptional. He took all the kids and gave them a towel animal lesson and they received certificates.

We left the ship by 9 and didn't gt home until 11 PM, which is 3 hours later in California. LONG day of traveling. So much work to do at home now. Can't believe we start school in 2 days. Only got to meet a few of you, but thank you all for the lovely FE gifts. I think we only got 1 gift during the last 2 days though. We booked a dummy date, in fact I didn't even look at the date, but realized it's so much harder (and expensive) to travel from the west coast to the east coast for a cruise, so I''ll have to catch the Wonder while she's still here. Will look forward to reading your trip reports.
Would like to know - how was your service? We shared dining with Patricia1 and we all thought our service was terrible. Wish we hadn't pre-paid our tips. Anxious to hear what future cruises you booked.
For the late-comers to the FE list, I tried to find your cabins, but some didn't have a FE hanging and some didn't have room numbers listed. Sorry if I missed you.

Thank you for the gifts :) the girls were much appreciated. Sorry you had a bad experience with dining ours was fantastic. Marcos and Ronald had our drinks on the table when we arrived and the kids even had their names on their cups. If is was repeat of something we ate already they pre ordered it, plus one of our party of 15 was a vegetarian and they brough out the menu for the next night so he could pre order his meal and add anything additional. Thanks again all and hope to see you next year on the next cruise. Thank you all again for the gifts:cheer2:

Thank you all for the great FE's. DD loves this adventure, she and daddy delivered FE's and not on designated day. Sooooo much to do in that beautiful ship!!! Cant wait to go back next year! We booked two, wohooooo! Even though dinning service was not good, everything else was fantastic. I highly recommend Couples Choice in spa, DH and i loved it even more than the first one we did a couple of cruises ago.

Our dining service was mediocre. Our server was good, very polite and professional, but our asst server was obviously new and quite clueless.

They were forgettable though. Other servers in the past were more engaging, on the ball, fun and memorable.

We're back home safe and sound and sleepy...it's almost 1 pm here and DS is actually still asleep. Granted, he got home later than the rest of us because we dropped him off, directly from the airport, at a friend's Bat Mitzvah party.

What a great cruise! It was so nice meeting other DISboarders. And re-meeting Bev and Jim (Disneyholic), whom we'd met previously on the Nov 28, 2009 Magic. Thank you all for the wonderful FE presents. It's such a nice way to add a little extra "magic" to the cruise.

The kids were totally surprised, as planned...full report to follow at some point with picture. But for now, laundry calls. Back to the real world...

--Suzanne

Hi, Suzanne. It aS nice seeing you again & running into you during the cruise. Hope you had as much fun as we did. We are rebooked for November 23, 2013, over Thanksgiving on the Fantasy for my 60th Birthday.

Hope everyone who had an anniversary on this cruise had as nice a time celebrating as we did. We did Remy & it was fantastic.

On debarkation day we went to Cabanas for breakfast as early as possible. It was much more relaxed than main dining since we didn't take our luggage &the food choices were better, too.

We're just starting to recover too. Our flight got in at 9 last night. Thanks everyone for the thoughtful gifts. Our girls loved coming back to the room and seeing new things. They also loved delivering the gifts too. Thanks to whoever had the hint to organize by section of the ship.

Our main server was wonderful and the kids loved her. Our assistant server was ok at first and got better as time went on. He forgot a few things on the first few days. We also had a server in training who was terrific. He wore a little ribbon saying "Earning My Ears". Everyone loved him and we all cheered for him at breakfast yesterday when he showed up with no red ribbon. We were not crazy about all of the food but whenever anyone said anything the servers insisted on getting us something different. Our stateroom host was great too - he was always there when we needed him and kept our rooms perfect.

We were a little nervous about the weather but I don't think I've ever been on a cruise with better weather.

Now back to reality.

At Double Tree DTD till Tuesday. At Universal today & tomorrow. Had to take DH to see Harry Potter. Only Universal tickets this trip. Not enough time to do WDW too.

Thank you all for the wonderful gifts. We loved it all. My daughter and I particularly loved the Mickey earrings we received. The personalized Key chains and magnets were also really cute. Special shout out to the person who did the wine charms with the margarita and cosmo mixes.....it was like you knew me! And to Evie... My husband loved the shot glass as he collects them. He also loved the memo book...he writes in one just like it every day, so it will definitely be used. My kids also loved the notebooks they received from others since they both love to write and draw.

Our servers were very good....Yhokey and Dan. Dan was a little slow some times, but so nice it didn't upset us. He had a magic trick most nights for my kids, which they both loved. Yhokey brought us extra dishes to try and made sure to have alternates available for seafood (none of us eat it). Our room hostess was sweet.

The bamboo massage was excellent.....highly recommended.

We hardly saw my son this trip as he spent nearly every waking moment in the Lab. My daughter, as suspected, was reluctant to participate and only went to the Edge twice. Both kids loved the Aquaduck. Mike and I rode it by ourselves late one night and thought it was an even better ride then.

We don't yet know when our next cruise will be. We have a dummy date booked, but are waiting for 2014 itineraries to be released.

Thanks to everyone for making this such an extra special vacation. I wish I had been able to meet more of you and hope to have the opportunity to chat again with you all sometime.

We had a great cruise too! It's going to be really hard to book another without going for the one bedroom suite. We were SO lucky to score that at the port, and loved it! Although, the noisy family next door sure put a damper on things. :rotfl2:

I thought the food was mediocre. Not anything that we loved, and our servers weren't that great. But the ship is just beautiful!!

Great to meet some of you!

We had a great cruise too! It's going to be really hard to book another without going for the one bedroom suite. We were SO lucky to score that at the port, and loved it! Although, the noisy family next door sure put a damper on things. :rotfl2:

I thought the food was mediocre. Not anything that we loved, and our servers weren't that great. But the ship is just beautiful!!

Great to meet some of you!

Sorry about the noise, we are a rowdy group. pirate: You should have rang the bell and joined us, we had a great time Thursday. None of us were up for dinner at 5:45 so we decided to hang out in the suite and our group expanded. We ordered Palo for the adults and got plates of food for the kids from Flo's. We had wine and rum that was brought on board. Our freezer was stocked with mickey bars for the kids and we had deserts brought from the concierge lounge.

The food was a little better on average than I remember on the Dream last year but definitely hits and misses. The presentation was nice and DW chided me for calling it 'glorified cafeteria food' in the past. Our server was good but more polite professional than 'engaging' and our asst server was a clueless mess unfortunately. Very forgettable. That being said, did you try Palo or Remy. Remy was absolutely superb both dinner and lunch. Palo brunch was very nice. The Palo food (dinner) brought to room was so-so, it loses something transported 1000+ ft aft to forward I guess. It was just cool having it in the suite AND, the $20 pp is waived (I did tip the delivery guys though) Also, even though though don't serve pizza on the dinner menu anymore, the Palo manager had them make pizzas for us - cool.

You guys are so spoiled now after that room and view ... glad you had a great cruise!

I also want to thank everyone for all the wonderful gifts. It meant so much to all of us and Lexi felt so special. It was nice meeting many of you and we will be planning another in the future. Lexi wants to go again right away. Need a few months to recoup!! Thank you thank you!!

Thanks to everyone for the great gifts, we really enjoyed our first FE. I absolutely loved the Fantasy and thought our room was in a great location. For the most part, we found the food to be better than we've had in the past, although there were a few exceptions. Our wait staff was good, but not the best we've had from previous cruises. We skipped Remy dinner, but I'm not sorry we cancelled our reservation. Palo brunch was amazing as always. I enjoyed eating dinner with my daughter every night...she made many friends in the kids club and was extremely reluctant to leave. My only wish was that there was a way to set up the meet and greet so that we got to meet everyone...I feel I missed out on meeting many of you! :love: We booked another 7 day dummy with plans for 2014, but hubby is thinking we need to cruise again in 2013 too! YAY!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

We should have! Especially if we would have known your freezer was stocked with Mickey bars!!! I thought I had won the lottery when our Head Server showed up at our table with a plate full of mickey rice krispy bars.....but you hit nirvana! LOL

We didn't try Palo or Remy. To be honest, since it was our first cruise, we kind of just wanted to see what the dining situation was. If we go again, we will most likely try one or both, especially since we were pretty disappointed in the main dining room food. It's a nice perk for those suites to get it delivered! Especially without the upcharge.

We were spoiled. Kamisha and Julia were great! So nice, and helpful, that is for sure. They really helped our cruise feel special.

Loved the pictures you posted on the FB page of your suite. I peeked into the Walt when they were cleaning it after the family that had it had left. Nice....did you have the window in the bathroom too? So you could sit in the bath and watch the sea?

Sorry about the noise, we are a rowdy group. pirate: You should have rang the bell and joined us, we had a great time Thursday. None of us were up for dinner at 5:45 so we decided to hang out in the suite and our group expanded. We ordered Palo for the adults and got plates of food for the kids from Flo's. We had wine and rum that was brought on board. Our freezer was stocked with mickey bars for the kids and we had deserts brought from the concierge lounge.

The food was a little better on average than I remember on the Dream last year but definitely hits and misses. The presentation was nice and DW chided me for calling it 'glorified cafeteria food' in the past. Our server was good but more polite professional than 'engaging' and our asst server was a clueless mess unfortunately. Very forgettable. That being said, did you try Palo or Remy. Remy was absolutely superb both dinner and lunch. Palo brunch was very nice. The Palo food (dinner) brought to room was so-so, it loses something transported 1000+ ft aft to forward I guess. It was just cool having it in the suite AND, the $20 pp is waived (I did tip the delivery guys though) Also, even though though don't serve pizza on the dinner menu anymore, the Palo manager had them make pizzas for us - cool.

You guys are so spoiled now after that room and view ... glad you had a great cruise!

We're just starting to recover too. Our flight got in at 9 last night. Thanks everyone for the thoughtful gifts. Our girls loved coming back to the room and seeing new things. They also loved delivering the gifts too. Thanks to whoever had the hint to organize by section of the ship.

Our main server was wonderful and the kids loved her. Our assistant server was ok at first and got better as time went on. He forgot a few things on the first few days. We also had a server in training who was terrific. He wore a little ribbon saying "Earning My Ears". Everyone loved him and we all cheered for him at breakfast yesterday when he showed up with no red ribbon. We were not crazy about all of the food but whenever anyone said anything the servers insisted on getting us something different. Our stateroom host was great too - he was always there when we needed him and kept our rooms perfect.

We were a little nervous about the weather but I don't think I've ever been on a cruise with better weather.

Now back to reality.

We left a few days early to spend some time at Disney World so I did not see your message until last night. I tried to send you a pm but apparently have not posted enough to do it. Thanks for thinking of us. We had a wonderful trip and I am glad you did as well.:yay:

We should have! Especially if we would have known your freezer was stocked with Mickey bars!!! I thought I had won the lottery when our Head Server showed up at our table with a plate full of mickey rice krispy bars.....but you hit nirvana! LOL

We didn't try Palo or Remy. To be honest, since it was our first cruise, we kind of just wanted to see what the dining situation was. If we go again, we will most likely try one or both, especially since we were pretty disappointed in the main dining room food. It's a nice perk for those suites to get it delivered! Especially without the upcharge.

We were spoiled. Kamisha and Julia were great! So nice, and helpful, that is for sure. They really helped our cruise feel special.

Loved the pictures you posted on the FB page of your suite. I peeked into the Walt when they were cleaning it after the family that had it had left. Nice....did you have the window in the bathroom too? So you could sit in the bath and watch the sea?

The only 'bad' thing about the mickey bars was that they were in wrappers with the nutritional info on them ... 330 calories each. :scared1:

Kamisha and Julia were great indeed, the other one, not as much, maybe just in comparison though. So it wasn't just me who singled the other two out as superlative?

The master baths of the walt and roy are set up totally different, don't know why. There is no window to the outside in the roy master bath.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter