August 25 2012

i wouldn't worry about it. The storm that might become isaac won't make it to florida, if at all, until monday or tuesday. We will be long gone by then. I am more interested in what might follow #9.

#9?

this site http://flhurricane.com/ has # 9 hitting the eastern Caribbean on Thursday and they also say the 96L the next one seems to be following #9's same path...it is what it is....we all will still have a fantastic vacation :cool1:

Whaddaya expect for the peak of hurricane season (sept 1)???

I expect to be lucky like I have all other vacations and have nothing but perfectly perfect weather the entire time! :)

Seriously though, we always know this is a possibility, really no matter when you travel. The tropics are the tropics and at a minimum, rain usually happens at least once or twice.

I am bringing my DCL cruise book with me just in case we change itineraries and I have to come up with new excursion plans on the fly.

Just curious, do cruise ships ever go to Ports that are not currently listed on their itineraries? I just wondered what happens if neither Eastern nor Western are a safe possibility. Although, I assume such a thing is very rare.

You guys are so good at all thing Disney. Tonight is extra hours at Epcot but we are going to hit MK watch the fireworks then head to Epcot. Anyone have any tips or tricks where we could see fireworks then get out easy to head to Epcot? Thanks for any feedback! Just landed a bit ago and almost to POR!!! Vacation has officially started!!

There are two main ways to get to EPCOT from MK, the bus or the monorail. When the fireworks are over there is normallly a mass exodus so both options will be busy.

Typically transportation after fireworks is designed to get you back to your resort so my guess is you will find more buses heading back to resorts than those going to the other parks so I would take the monorail.

The monorail at MK will take you to the Ticket and Transportation Center where you get off and then get on the other monorail that goes to EPCOT.

Enjoy you vaca!

We are flying down in the morning! :cool1:

I would head out of the park and if the monorails are crazy, walk to CR, get on the monorail there that will take you to TTC where you can get the monorail to Epcot. OR....take the resort bus from MK back to either Beach Club or Boardwalk, and walk into the back entrance of Epcot.

If you want to leave easily, Watch them from the security check areas outside the park. Beat the crowds.

Another way, if you time it right, is to watch from the top deck of the ferry to TTC.

I would head out of the park and if the monorails are crazy, walk to CR, get on the monorail there that will take you to TTC where you can get the monorail to Epcot. OR....take the resort bus back to either Beach Club or Boardwalk, and walk into the back entrance of Epcot.

That's where you have to be careful. The bus system is designed to get you from the resorts to the parks and back so there are no buses that run from resort to resort although you will see buses go from park to park. Going from CR to the Beach Club or Boardwalk by bus is not an option.

That's where you have to be careful. The bus system is designed to get you from the resorts to the parks and back so there are no buses that run from resort to resort although you will see buses go from park to park. Going from CR to the Beach Club or Boardwalk by bus is not an option.

No, I meant if the monorail thing doesn't work, take the BW or BC bus FROM MK to the resort, walk into the back of Epcot.

As of now, it looks like FL will start to see the effects of the storm on Sunday and the Caribbean will be covered with it until at least Wednesday. Wonder where we will go???

Who knows...wonder when they will make the call on the change. At what point did they send out the notices on the one two weeks ago?

Everyone relax:) The storm is projected to be over Cuba at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday according to the National Hurricane Center. Many Carribean Islands are only 30 miles wide max and Hurricanes travel 20 to 30 miles an hour.

Saying that, Isaac is not the storm that we need to worry about in the Virgin Islands, it the next storm behind it.

The captain will steer us around the storm as much as possible and will leave ports early if one is on the way:thumbsup2

My family just got back from St. Lucia and we were fine.

no worries, sort of fun thinking it's a mystery cruise! as I've said before...just so long as I can get on the ship!

no worries, sort of fun thinking it's a mystery cruise! as I've said before...just so long as I can get on the ship!

As long as we don't get diverted to Nassau or Freeport I am cool:goodvibes

I would rather have all sea days or a couple of cc days than go to those ports:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter