August 25 2012

Well, we got cabin 10500. Looks like the last room in the front of the ship. Do not like the fact that it is connected to 10502, with occupants we have no idea who.

Oh well, that's what I get for rolling the dice. Would rather also be in the more middle, but it is a 5A, so I shouldn't complain.

Wahoo! Here we go!:cool1:

Yes, it is a great room, a 5A, in between midship and forward stairs. You have a real convenience to the pool area of both the adult and the family areas. You are very near the spa as well. It is on the other side from Cabanas, restaurants and the soda but it's really not that bad.

We stayed in room 10536 on the Dream (which is next door your stateroom of 10538) and will be staying in room 10534 for this Fantasy cruise. It is below the Adult pool area and the spa. You should be ok with noise as we really did not hear anything from above us. You will have a great view of Castaway Cay as the ship backs in and our side of the ship faces the island's beaches.

The room has some good size for a family of four, like mine.

Thanks - that's some great info...! :)

Hi everyone,

Silly question, but we haven't done a 7 night on Disney since 2009 -- how many formal nights are there, one formal, one semi formal??? Seen a really cute outfit for my son, but I already have his formal outfit, wondering if he would be able to wear it!!!

coconutsunshine said:
Hi everyone,

Silly question, but we haven't done a 7 night on Disney since 2009 -- how many formal nights are there, one formal, one semi formal??? Seen a really cute outfit for my son, but I already have his formal outfit, wondering if he would be able to wear it!!!

There is a Formal Night on Sunday and the Semi-formal night is on Thursday. That's lobster night.

gdulaney said:
Has anybody started packing? I wish the suitcase fairy would bring our suitcases down from the attic..... I want to start!!

Fortunately for us, we don't have to unpack much except clothing that we want to wear during the next week. We will take an extra suitcase because of clothing for dinner.

We unpacked from our Orlando trip last week but didn't put suitcases away. Knowing me, I'll pack the night before at the earliest.

Ok i got them : ) 9000 and 9002. I dont understand the categories that people post about, so i dont know what category this is. I booked the OGT. My parents actually booked too and they are in 9004. Wow i am so happy they are together!

Inauguralfantasy2012 said:
Ours is an adjoining as well. Anyone have any feedback on how much you hear? Definitely not complaining just curious.

I've always had adjoining rooms, both on the Wonder and the Dream, and have never had a problem with noise from next-door.

Looks like a bunch of us will be neighbors...we were assigned 10532. Should be a lot of room for just the two of us. It's a verandah, so we are happy. I like being close to the adult pool and the spa. Will probably get rainforest passes for both of us.

Yes, it is a great room, a 5A, in between midship and forward stairs. You have a real convenience to the pool area of both the adult and the family areas. You are very near the spa as well. It is on the other side from Cabanas, restaurants and the soda but it's really not that bad.

We stayed in room 10536 on the Dream (which is next door your stateroom of 10538) and will be staying in room 10534 for this Fantasy cruise. It is below the Adult pool area and the spa. You should be ok with noise as we really did not hear anything from above us. You will have a great view of Castaway Cay as the ship backs in and our side of the ship faces the island's beaches.

The room has some good size for a family of four, like mine.

dizkids said:
Ok i got them : ) 9000 and 9002. I dont understand the categories that people post about, so i dont know what category this is. I booked the OGT. My parents actually booked too and they are in 9004. Wow i am so happy they are together!

I believe all three are Deluxe Family Oceanview staterooms, category 8B. It's pretty good if you booked an OGT.

I just cancelled a Palo dinner for 4 at 6pm for thurs aug 30th (day 6, at sea) if anyone is interested.

There is a Formal Night on Sunday and the Semi-formal night is on Thursday. That's lobster night.

thats the last sea day ... I cancelled our Palo dinner for that night, between the lobster at semi-formal night and the possibility of getting Remy brunch that day.

Originally the Magic and Wonder had only 12 categories. Category 1 being a Royal Suite, category 12 an inside stateroom towards the bottom.

With the Dream and Fantasy there was a recategorization of rooms which included adding a letter designation after the number. For instance, a category 4 stateroom is the largest non-concierge room. The letter designation typically refers to location so a 4A is, in theory, a better located room than a 4E (letters go from A - E).

The Dream and Fantasy do not refer to the conciege rooms by number as they did with the Wonder and Magic. A category R is a Royal Suite, a "T"is a one bedroom suite. The D & F don't have 2 bedroom suites like the W & M since they weren't popular. The pricing of a 2 bedroom was close to a Royal Suite, and most preferred to spend the extra money for the Royal so the 2 bedroom became the "red headed step child". :goodvibes

I hope this helps,
Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter