• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 24th, 2013 - A Magical Med Cruise

This does seem like a very quiet thread! Glad you are coming though :) my boys are similar ages to yours (will be 5 and 9) and I know they think he FE is part of the included cruise experience!! They think it is just a Disney cruise 'thing' and don't expect it on other boats though! If no one else wants to do it I will happily organise the FE , prob not til after Christmas though!! I am currently planning an exciting way to tell my boys about the cruise as it is part of their Xmas present!

Hiya - thats great news about our boys being similar ages - previous cruises we have taken we haven't had any children the same sort of age to our boys:thumbsup2

Thank you for volunteering to sort the FE gift exchange - I think after christmas will be great - we still have plenty of time. I have relented and have agreed to participate (the boys won!!;))

Let us know what you decide to do with your Christmas surprise - that sounds very exciting!!:thumbsup2 We are planning a surprise for Christmas 2013 as we fly to Florida on 27th Dec 2013 and are keeping the vacation a secret until christmas Day:)

Hiya - thats great news about our boys being similar ages - previous cruises we have taken we haven't had any children the same sort of age to our boys:thumbsup2

Thank you for volunteering to sort the FE gift exchange - I think after christmas will be great - we still have plenty of time. I have relented and have agreed to participate (the boys won!!;))

Let us know what you decide to do with your Christmas surprise - that sounds very exciting!!:thumbsup2 We are planning a surprise for Christmas 2013 as we fly to Florida on 27th Dec 2013 and are keeping the vacation a secret until christmas Day:)

Are you keeping a surprise until NEXT Christmas?? Wow! I am smuggling with this! But.... We would like to go over Xmas holidays if not next year then the year after and I LOVE keeping them in the dark! The only part i have organised is that i ordered some little treasure chests from Yellow Moon which I will decorate but not sure what I will do with them! Some sort of treasure hunt definitely.
Glad you decided to do FE! :)

Hi there. Haven't been on in a while. We are travelling from South Africa. Boys will be 4 yrs and 2 yrs old. Would love to participate in the FE if someone is patient enough
to walk us through the process. :-)

Hmmm thought I had replied to this but it doesn't seem to be here!! I promise I will get FE sorted as soon as Christmas chaos has gone! Great to have more people on board, the more the merrier!!

Ok so in the calm before New Year i thought i would start to organise the FE. So far i think we have

Me, plus DS (Jackson, 9) and DS Ethan (5)
MickBrett (+ 1 adult?) , DS (4) DS (2)
Maskesa, DH, DD (13) , DS (9)
Caj15 +1 3 kids (11, 13, 15)
Amystevekai&bump Amy, Steve, DS (Kai, 9), DS (Lucas, 6)

is there anyone i've missed? ive no idea how to make this a sticky note so i'll copy and paste anyone as they come on board

Soon we can get to say we are cruising this year!!!

Still not booked our flights.
Flights from Leeds to Barcelona leave at 7am!
Need to be there about an hour before the flight and it's a 45 minute drive to the airport means we leave the house just after 5 am.

I've been looking at alternative methods of getting there, e.g. by train.

Anyone else looking into different methods of getting to Barcelona?

I havent booked flights yet - but then I haven't actually booked the cruise yet either! Rented my DVC points before Xmas to pay for most of it but thought I would wait and see if they do a KSF as there still seems to be plenty of rooms available - even concierge whereas all the earlier ones are more heavily booked.
Can't decide whether to go on Thursday or Friday. Has anyone booked a hotel yet? Last time we flew in late on the Friday and stayed at the airport Marriott and paid ¬10 each transfer by the portl but it is no longer a Marriott and last time I looked it wasn't clear if the comp shuttle to the airport or the cruise pick up were still operational.
There are flights at reasonable times out of Luton but they are with Easy but then last time we flew out of heathrow with BA and I wasn't particularly impressed with them either - no food at all- at least on easy you can buy something

It's our 20th wedding anniversary next month and we are doing a Red Sea cruise with Thomsons so think we will wait til after that to book anything.

Lorraine

Hmmm not sure why my message was so short. I did send a welcome message too!! Love your 'tag line'.... I feel like that!!!

Haha, thanks :) Me and the family were wondering if the could join the fish extender group or is that more for the little children on the cruise? :scratchin
xxx

Def join FE! The more the merrier! We are such a small group anyway at the moment. Think my mum and dad will prob join too bc they have got quite excited about it!

Hi everyone :)

Just thought I'd' drop in to see how you all are, as we've all been so quiet.:thumbsup2

I've been so busy looking at our cruise plans for 2014 now that the new itineraries are out - i have neglected my planning for this year!!;)

Have you all decided on any shore excursions (either DCL or DIY)? I think I have done a complete Uturn on my plans!!;) I had originally planned to be brave and do mostly DIY's, but with the boys still quite young and the extreme heat that we experienced in 2011 a real possibility - I think I am going to do mostly DCL ones now :) I know they are the expensive option, but I think I will be less stressed about missing trains, getting lost etc and will actually have a better time if the pressure is removed!:)

So, (I think!!;)) we are decided on the Nice/Monaco Value Tour, the Rome DIY tour & the Easy Pisa tour. We have also booked a private tour to take us to Positano (a company we have used before), and I am also going to book two tickets to climb Pisa directly and hope that the timings suit the Easy Pisa tour (DS9 wants to climb the tower but DS6 isn't old enough, but I don't want to spend the huge difference for the DCL climbing tour - plus it means we would have to split up - I am not going to tell Kai about the tickets and it will just be a bonus if it works out):thumbsup2

Anyway - what are your plans?:wave2:

Hello everyone,

Greetings from California.

We are this cruise as well...this is my first post ever...

Not sure what I'm supposed to include. My family - DH (Juan), DD (Michele 18), DS (Mitchell 12), DS(Michael 14) and myself Rosemary. We would like to join the FE as well.

I am excited and scared, about this trip...I'm sure it will work out.
We have the cruise, plane tickets, transportation\tours in Barcelona and a Apartment for 2 days before the cruise.

The shore excursions now I am completely lost on what to do for those.
Part of me wants to save money but the other part of me does not want to be left behind by the ship... I have learned a lot by reading the different Med posts, past and present. Any thoughts on the DIY versus paid excursions is appreciated...Thanks!

Hi there!! Will add your name to the FE list. Welcome. RE: excursions, I would love to do some on my own but we are going with my parents and I know they will panic the whole time we are out about missing the boat so I think we will end up going with DCL even though they are expensive. I must have a look and see what there is! We are staying in Barcelona for 2 days before the cruise and have apartment and flights booked as well as transfers. I am telling my boys at Easter, they will be soooooo excited!
Just putting my Mind to FE gifts now!

Me, plus DS (Jackson, 9) and DS Ethan (5) + parents (2 cabins)
Toontag + sister + parents (?2 cabins)
Mcubed (Rosemary) , DH (Juan) DD Michele (1), DS Mitchell (12), DS Michael (14)

Hi,

Can we be added to FE too please?
Me, my sister and her DD (nearly 4) at present - although that may grow nearer the time if my DS(19) decides to join us!

Lorraine

Me, plus DS (Jackson, 9) and DS Ethan (5) + parents (2 cabins)
Toontag + sister + parents (?2 cabins)
Mcubed (Rosemary) , DH (Juan) DD Michele (1), DS Mitchell (12), DS Michael (14)
Lorraine +sister + DD (4)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter