August 24th 2012 Cruise to the Bahamas!!!!

I'm rooting for the European forecast computer model to be correct. It keeps the system to the south a lot longer (and weaker also), not making its turn north until the western edge of Cuba and then moving into the eastern Gulf of Mexico. Those on the gulf coast of Florida - probably not with me in rooting for that one. In any case, they'll have a much better idea in 48 hours where this thing is likely to go. I think there is a good chance we get a decent day Saturday at CC...maybe a little windy with some larger than normal waves - rip currents could be a concern though. Depending on timing, the itinerary change may work to our benefit with Sunday at sea. They can sail to clearer weather to the east. Nassau may be a question mark on Monday and then hopefully it has moved on by the time we get to Tuesday for a return to CC.

I totally agree with this! Let's keep our fingers crossed!! I was planning on staying on the boat at Nassau anyways so worst case for me is the boat is just more crowded that day haha!

I'm 80% sure we'll make it to CC on Saturday and then be out at sea the rest of the trip. There's an update from the tropical depression that it's suppose to hit Cuba and the Bahamas (including Nassau) Sunday afternoon!!

I'm ok with missing Nassau, but we missed CC last year because of Irene >:-( I was hoping if we couldn't get there for wedding photos, that we'd at least get there for our first anniversary... DH is going to have a blubbery crying mess on his hands if we miss out yet AGAIN...

PLEASE Lord, let Isaac steer clear of Castaway Cay this time... P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!!!!

I'm ok with missing Nassau, but we missed CC last year because of Irene >:-( I was hoping if we couldn't get there for wedding photos, that we'd at least get there for our first anniversary... DH is going to have a blubbery crying mess on his hands if we miss out yet AGAIN...

PLEASE Lord, let Isaac steer clear of Castaway Cay this time... P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!!!!

Just think... if you miss it again you will have to try another Disney cruise .:rotfl2:

I think we'll be okay for CC on Saturday, Isaac is suppose to be JUST starting to hit the east part of Cuba by Saturday afternoon so we should be okay for that!!!

http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/tropical/map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

But it's Sunday onward that I'm curious to see where we go because I can guarantee we won't be in Nassau if that map is accurate!!

Based on the projected paths I saw on the NBC Today show this morning, I won't be at all surprised to see our itinerary shift to the Gulf and the Western Caribbean.

Pretty much every projection now has Isaac coming through the Bahamas after he strengthened last night. If those projections solidify in the next 24-48 hours I'd wager they'll move us out of the Bahamas entirely.

Cabin Crawl update

With Isaac making a beeline to southern Florida and possibly the Bahamas, we may be in for another itinerary change. In that event, the Cabin Crawl will occur on the 1st Sea Day (whatever day that may be). Please keep this in mind should things change on the fly for our cruise!

Disney Dream Cabin Crawl (When? Sunday 8/26 (or whatever ends up being the 1st Sea Day), Time 3:00 PM, Starting Location Deck 2 Stateroom 2014)

Deck 2
Start at Stateroom 2014 Port (from Forward stairs/elevators)
krazy4cruising - Stateroom 2014 (Port Midship) - Deluxe Oceanview, Category 9B
Continue down Portside hallway towards the aft to:
Sporty - Stateroom 2021 (Port Midship)- Standard Interior, Category 11C
Take Midship Stairs/Elevators to Deck 6 Port

Deck 6
Michelle9343 - Stateroom 6090 (Port Midship) - Accessible Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah, Category 04D
Preds - Stateroom 6132 (Port Midship) - Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah, Category 04D
minnie mad mum - Stateroom 6184 (Port Aft)- Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah, Category 06B
Crossover to Starboard side at either Aft or Midship stairs/elevators to:
StLucieLady -Stateroom 6612? (Starboard Midship) - Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah, Category 04A?
Take Forward stairs/elevators to:

Deck 8
NoWorriesMate - Stateroom 8542 (Starboard Forward) - Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah, Category 05B
Continue towards the aft of the ship down the Starboard hallway to:
mizzkellzee - Stateroom 8563 (Starboard Mid/Fore) - Standard Interior, Category 11A
Take ANY stairs/elevators to Deck 9 at the very back of the boat to:

Deck 9
dismiss - Stateroom 9674 (Aft) - Deluxe Family Oceanview with Extended Verandah, Category 06A

Guests with duplicate Categories
Tikihula - has duplicate category 04D thus will be joining us to see the other categories

Hi, I'm new here, scheduled on the 8/24 cruise. This is our first cruise, Disney or otherwise, so I am more than a little worried about Isaac. Many of the posts here are reassuring.

From everything I've read on-line, it sounds like it's extremely unlikely that the cruise would be cancelled, but it could be diverted. Every forecast I see shows nothing but rain the entire cruise. So my question is, if Isaac doesn't come directly into our itinerary-area, but the outer edges creates tons of rain for us, will Disney divert to sunnier seas?

And when should we expect to hear something from Disney one way or the other?

Hi, I'm new here, scheduled on the 8/24 cruise. This is our first cruise, Disney or otherwise, so I am more than a little worried about Isaac. Many of the posts here are reassuring.

From everything I've read on-line, it sounds like it's extremely unlikely that the cruise would be cancelled, but it could be diverted. Every forecast I see shows nothing but rain the entire cruise. So my question is, if Isaac doesn't come directly into our itinerary-area, but the outer edges creates tons of rain for us, will Disney divert to sunnier seas?

And when should we expect to hear something from Disney one way or the other?
Welcome to the group! Please join us at our Meet & Greet on embarkation day at 3pm at Vista Cafe. You're also welcome to participate in our Cabin Crawl if you're interested.

As for the cruise being cancelled, the likelihood of that is pretty much zero. They'll re-route if necessary to protect the ship and passengers.

As for notification, we may not be notified until decisions are made onboard. For example, I have clients currently on the Allure of the Seas this week and they were notified late last night of their itinerary shifting from Eastern Caribbean to Western. Instead of waking up in St. Thomas this morning, they found themselves in Falmouth, Jamaica. And they'll be in Cozumel Friday instead of St. Maarten tomorrow.

My suggestion is to be flexible about the ports and enjoy the onboard experience. Don't let a loss or change of port impact your enjoyment of the cruise. Just be prepared to have fun, and enjoy the Dream and wherever we may go!

Welcome to the group! Please join us at our Meet & Greet on embarkation day at 3pm at Vista Cafe. You're also welcome to participate in our Cabin Crawl if you're interested.

As for the cruise being cancelled, the likelihood of that is pretty much zero. They'll re-route if necessary to protect the ship and passengers.

As for notification, we may not be notified until decisions are made onboard. For example, I have clients currently on the Allure of the Seas this week and they were notified late last night of their itinerary shifting from Eastern Caribbean to Western. Instead of waking up in St. Thomas this morning, they found themselves in Falmouth, Jamaica. And they'll be in Cozumel Friday instead of St. Maarten tomorrow.

My suggestion is to be flexible about the ports and enjoy the onboard experience. Don't let a loss or change of port impact your enjoyment of the cruise. Just be prepared to have fun, and enjoy the Dream and wherever we may go!

And bring a lightweight rain jacket with a hood, just in case. :thumbsup2

The storm must be causing lots of people to head to DCL's site. It seems to be having issues.

Just wondering if Disney will change the itinerary to the western Caribbean and if unable to get back to Port Canaveral, will it dock in Tampa and bus us all back to Cape Canaveral? Just thinking!

My thought:
Key West on Sat; Cozumel on Sun; Cancun on Mon; Sea, going behind Isaac on Tues; Tampa or Port Canaveral on Wed.
Or
Key West on Sat; Cozumel on Sun; Sea on Mon going behind Isaac; Castaway Cay on Tues; Port Canaveral on Wed.

Just wondering if Disney will change the itinerary to the western Caribbean and if unable to get back to Port Canaveral, will it dock in Tampa and bus us all back to Cape Canaveral? Just thinking!

My thought:
Key West on Sat; Cozumel on Sun; Cancun on Mon; Sea, going behind Isaac on Tues; Tampa or Port Canaveral on Wed.
Or
Key West on Sat; Cozumel on Sun; Sea on Mon going behind Isaac; Castaway Cay on Tues; Port Canaveral on Wed.
I would love either of those itineraries. Anything that includes Key West is a bonus!

That said, I highly doubt they'd dock in Tampa.

Preds said:
I would love either of those itineraries. Anything that includes Key West is a bonus!

That said, I highly doubt they'd dock in Tampa.

I called DCL today just to see how they would respond as I was getting a little concerned. They said we could end up doing a number of routes if they thought we needed to change because of the storm. Could go north to charleston SC and then travel south after the storm passes. He said we may never see any of our planned stops. As much as I wanted CC, I would prefer calm seas and sunshine. After speaking to the operator I get the sense we will be told more on Friday and I am good with that. I felt very comfortable with our decision to go after my conversation with James at DCL. Ahoy matey!!!!

Smbertram said:
I called DCL today just to see how they would respond as I was getting a little concerned. They said we could end up doing a number of routes if they thought we needed to change because of the storm. Could go north to charleston SC and then travel south after the storm passes. He said we may never see any of our planned stops. As much as I wanted CC, I would prefer calm seas and sunshine. After speaking to the operator I get the sense we will be told more on Friday and I am good with that. I felt very comfortable with our decision to go after my conversation with James at DCL. Ahoy matey!!!!

Ps if we end up at another port on Wednesday they will get us back to mco at not cost to us

Thanks Preds and Tikihula. We leave tomorrow...getting excited!!

:jumping1:
Safe travels to you, we fly down tomorrow afternoon as well.

Be sure to join us all at the Meet & Greet at 3pm on embarkation day at the Vista Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter