August 24, 2014 Dream DVC Member Cruise

luvmygrljb has organized a group going to the port from WDW on the 24th. Is there interest in getting some private transportation to take us from the port back to WDW hotels after the cruise?

We were planning to take Disney bus service, but if there's interest, I'll look around for something else.

Bobbi:)

We have a group of 7 of us that are going to Bay Lake Tower after the cruise. We planned to use Disney transportation, but would welcome a less expensive option!!

We have a group of 7 of us that are going to Bay Lake Tower after the cruise. We planned to use Disney transportation, but would welcome a less expensive option!!

Ok...there are 2 of us going to BCV.
On the trip to the cruise ship, with 18 people, the price is $29.25 per person. Not that much of savings, but going to the ship the time is better with the private transportation. I will look around, but it may be that we go with the $35 per person DCL transportation. I'll post when I find something.

Bobbi:goodvibes

My husband and I would like to participate in the candy exchange. Kelly & Larry cabin 9088.

Member Cruise Candy exchange list so far.
bobbiwoz
jandj524
jellojatdisney
Jas792
ScrappyGracie
Boutilier
Jonesm117
jedwards
Linda Farrell (grand daughter, Lauren)
DisneySweetheart
Hmansure
Jpabst17216
hulatapper
HillBre11
annearchi
eeteet
marron5 cabin 1
marron5 cabin 2
Luvmygrljb
cpcos cabin 1
cpcos cabin 2
klfynn

anyone going (not) to Villains Unleashed 8/23/14? I am on the fence for DD17 and DH (my tweens will have been at WDW for a the week, so they are not going). They will be at SW during the day. But being out so late, will DD be too tired/grumpy the next day? We have 10:30 Port arrival time and wanted to maximze our time on the ship, as it is only 4 days--OTOH, we can never go to the special events and will actually be at WDW onsite on the 23rd. What are others doing? Elaine

anyone going (not) to Villains Unleashed 8/23/14? I am on the fence for DD17 and DH (my tweens will have been at WDW for a the week, so they are not going). They will be at SW during the day. But being out so late, will DD be too tired/grumpy the next day? We have 10:30 Port arrival time and wanted to maximze our time on the ship, as it is only 4 days--OTOH, we can never go to the special events and will actually be at WDW onsite on the 23rd. What are others doing? Elaine

The theme does not appeal to me.

I've mentioned a meet up at TTOTW at BLT to see the Wishes fireworks! I'm planning to get there around 9ish. Wishes is at 10 that evening.

Bobbi:)

PS. Does anyone want to have a meet on embarkation day...sometime before the lifeboat drill and sail away party? If so.....what place would be good? I have had a small pin trading group meet in Pink. Evolutions is I think where the DVC has meetings. Any ideas?

Bobbiwoz, how many will be in a group for the candy exchange? Is everyone in one group, or are you breaking it up in some way?

Bobbiwoz, how many will be in a group for the candy exchange? Is everyone in one group, or are you breaking it up in some way?

We have 22 so far, if that was it, there would be 2 groups of 7 and 1 group of 8. I will try to keep each group under or at 10.

What do you think of that idea?

Just an FYI, the booking and on-line check-in window for first time cruisers opens tomorrow (6/10) at Midnight Eastern.

As of 10 AM Eastern, the following Port Adventures are Sold Out:
8/25 (Mon):
All Cabanas
Abaco Backcountry Fishing Adventure
Rigid Hull Snorkeling Excursion

8/27 (Wed):
All Cabanas
Abaco Backcountry Fishing Adventure

Just an FYI, the booking and on-line check-in window for first time cruisers opens tomorrow (6/10) at Midnight Eastern.

The planning portion of disneycruise.com appears to be off-line at the moment. Not sure if it will be back up prior to Midnight Eastern or not.

bobbiwoz
jandj524
jellojatdisney
Jas792
ScrappyGracie
Boutilier
Jonesm117
jedwards
DisneySweetheart
Hmansure
Jpabst17216
hulatapper
HillBre11
annearchi
eeteet
marron5 cabin 1
marron5 cabin 2
Luvmygrljb
cpcos cabin 1
cpcos cabin 2
klfynn

Just a reminder to PM me with your cabin number for sure, and how many participants in your cabin, and if there's any other information you want me to pass along to your group. Sign ups end July 15....I will be PMing everyone with group information shortly thereafter!

bobbiwoz
jandj524
jellojatdisney
Jas792
ScrappyGracie
Boutilier
Jonesm117
jedwards
DisneySweetheart
Hmansure
Jpabst17216
hulatapper
HillBre11
annearchi
eeteet
marron5 cabin 1
marron5 cabin 2
Luvmygrljb
cpcos cabin 1
cpcos cabin 2
klfynn

Just a reminder to PM me with your cabin number for sure, and how many participants in your cabin, and if there's any other information you want me to pass along to your group. Sign ups end July 15....I will be PMing everyone with group information shortly thereafter!

Keeping this bumped!:cool1:

I wanted to go, especially since we never catch these special events (we live 8 hrs away) but my husband doesn't really get it. He thinks it's just a show. But then I started thinking about the fact that at Halloween the wait times to see the Villians were like 2-3 hours and it was slam packed at HS... I kinda agree with him. We're staking at AKV Kidani pre- and post-cruise, I think we may do one of the Safaris there instead. :simba:

bobbiwoz
jandj524
jellojatdisney
Jas792
ScrappyGracie
Boutilier
Jonesm117
jedwards
DisneySweetheart
Hmansure
Jpabst17216
hulatapper
HillBre11
annearchi
eeteet
marron5 cabin 1
marron5 cabin 2
Luvmygrljb
cpcos cabin 1
cpcos cabin 2
klfynn

Keeping it bumped....need information especially regarding room numbers. If anyone else wants to join, Welcome!

As far as meets.

Pre cruise VWL and TOTW on Saturday. There also seems to be many people going to the Villains night at DHS.

On the ship embarkation day, nothing organized, but there is interest.

Pin trading among members....any interest for morning of the sea day?

We are going with Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter