• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 24, 2014 Dream DVC Member Cruise

Hi...been busy and have not been on here in a couple weeks. I see that a few people are interested in meeting up at the Wilderness Lodge. May I suggest the 22nd or 23rd? Maybe late afternoon at Roaring Fork? Or if somebody has a better idea, share it with us. And you do not have to be staying there, we would like to meet up with anyone who would like to come!

Also, I saw someone who was asking for favorite characters for the teen FE (sorry I do not remember who, it was a few pages back). My DGD Lauren likes Ariel. She is so looking forward to the cruise, the FE, the candy exchange, and the kid club!

So, please, anyone interested in the Wilderness Lodge, post which day you prefer and we will go from there.

Hi...been busy and have not been on here in a couple weeks. I see that a few people are interested in meeting up at the Wilderness Lodge. May I suggest the 22nd or 23rd? Maybe late afternoon at Roaring Fork? Or if somebody has a better idea, share it with us. And you do not have to be staying there, we would like to meet up with anyone who would like to come!

Also, I saw someone who was asking for favorite characters for the teen FE (sorry I do not remember who, it was a few pages back). My DGD Lauren likes Ariel. She is so looking forward to the cruise, the FE, the candy exchange, and the kid club!

So, please, anyone interested in the Wilderness Lodge, post which day you prefer and we will go from there.

Hi!

Wishes is at 10 PM on Saturday, is that too late with the cruise being the next day? I have a rental car to go to church on Saturday, and with traffic around Disney, it will probably be 7 before I get back to WDW. So, as much as I would love to go to VWL and Roaring Fork for dinner, I think it will be too late for you.

I do expect to go to TOTW lounge to see the fireworks, and hope that some have plans to be there too!

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. I will be at BCV post cruise, anyone interested in the character breakfast there on Friday?

Hi!

Wishes is at 10 PM on Saturday, is that too late with the cruise being the next day? I have a rental car to go to church on Saturday, and with traffic around Disney, it will probably be 7 before I get back to WDW. So, as much as I would love to go to VWL and Roaring Fork for dinner, I think it will be too late for you.

I do expect to go to TOTW lounge to see the fireworks, and hope that some have plans to be there too!

PS. I will be at BCV post cruise, anyone interested in the character breakfast there on Friday?

For those who are attending Mass prior to the cruise if you are looking for a Catholic Church I would recommend Corpus Christi Catholic Church in Celebration. We always go to church there anytime we are at Disney. We like Mary Queen of the Universe but the traffic is horrendous and we hate traffic!

We are going to be staying in Cocoa Beach the night before the cruise because we want to try Fishlips and watch the Saturday departures sail away. We will go to Mass Sunday morning there. Church is only about 10 minutes from the port. If anyone needs the name and address let me know.

Looks like there is still an issue with the sailing itinerary. Tried to book Palo and the itinerary is still wrong in the activities reservation system and the system wouldn't accept a booking. Will have to call this morning and talk to a live person. :confused3

Was anyone else able to book anything?

I experienced the same issues trying to book Palo. Wonder how long it will take them to get it fixed? Let us know what you find out when you call. Thsnks

This will be the second DCL cruise for DH and me but our first Member Cruise! We will be doing a split stay pre cruise - 8/17-8/20 at VWL and 8/20-8/24 at BWV with DD, DSIL, and 4 wonderful DGC! But the cruise is just for Grandmom and Grandpop! (We will need it after a week in DW with a 7 year old and 3 year old triplets!) So excited about this cruise! Can't wait to make new friends and have fun!:)

I remember how we felt after our first WDW trip with extended family and our 1,2,3 year old grandchildren. What wonderful memories we have!

Just saying Hi:wave2:from a part time south Jersey neighbor in Cape May! Soon my "location" will be Cape May and FL! We first have to sell our Ohio house. We are in FL now looking at potential new areas.

This will be my 3rd MC, my 10th DCL cruise, and I am traveling with a friend who has never cruised. DH does not enjoy short DCL cruises. However we will soon (May 2) be on DCL's 15 night West Bound Panama Canal cruise together. Long cruises he enjoys!:lmao:

Just got off the phone with DCL. They know about the activities reservation issue (I've heard that before) and said that they expect it to be fixed sometime today (I was told last week that it would be fixed before the booking window opened).

They were able to make Palo reservations for me, but it took 20 minutes on hold because they only had one person who could do it. They recommend that Platinum cruisers keep checking the webpage today in order to make reservations for Palo/Remy, Spa or other things.

Hope this helps.

Ken

The website now has the correct itinerary, but I am still unable to make any reservations. Seems they are making progress but it should have been corrected before today as members have reported the issue long before now.

Hi,

Can you please add us to the Family FE exchange? Room #7502 Carl, Susan, Cassandra 16F and Zachary 16M. Thank you !!

Sure, Welcome to the cruise:welcome: and Welcome to the Candy Exchange!

Member Cruise Candy exchange list so far.

bobbiwoz
jandj524
jellojatdisney
Jas792
ScrappyGracie
Boutilier
Jonesm117
Jedwards
Linda Farrell (grand daughter, Lauren)
DisneySweetheart
Hmansure
Jpabst17216
hulatapper

I've been looking up Ohio candies and have found the one I'm going to give out in this exchange! If our list grows much more, I will be dividing the group in to two. My guess is that 8-10 would be a good number for each.

I was just looking through the posts and getting the counts so far for the Candy exchange and I don't see our name in the list, can you please add us to the list too. :)
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter