August 24, 2014 Dream DVC Member Cruise

for those who don't know about FE, I copied this from another FE group's info:

Named for the decor from which they hang, fish extenders are usually handmade pocket organizers (similar to a shoe caddy or mail organizer) customized with names, favorite Disney characters, etc. These pocket organizers are hung from a decorative fish ornament that is attached to the wall outside of each cabin on the Disney cruiseship.

A fish extender group is basically a gift exchange, albeit with a little extra pixie dust. Prior to the cruise, fish extender groups are formed and organized via an online Disney fan site. Once numbers are finalized, each member of the group prepares a gift for the other participating cabins. There are no rules regarding gifts (no minimum or maximum dollar value). Often times, the gifts are handmade, but not always. Once the cruise has commenced, participants deliver their gifts to the other participating staterooms, leaving them as a surprise in the fish extender pockets. One of the most fun aspects of taking part in a fish extender group is checking in throughout the day to see what little goodies are waiting.

I hope you dont mind, I will share this over on FB! Once you get the candy list going, I can put it on the first post too if you want. :)

Can I please join the candy exchange?

Kendzee94, sure...it will help if you make a note that I'll begin taking names in February. I have too much going on right now, and my PM box is full from those things.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I would like to sign up for the tween one and family one. Is that allowed? To sign up for 2 . So excited have lots of good ideas.

You can sign up for as many or few as you want:thumbsup2. Please let me know if you prefer the just Dis or the FB/Dis group. I will need room, names, gender and ages, thanks!

Kendzee -- sent you a PM.

And separately, does anyone know about the dress for dinner? I'm assuming it would be cruise casual on the Sunday, then Pirate (!) on pirate night, then what?

Ebay has the three pocket wall hanger from ikea for 10.99 with free shipping. I just ordered one to decorate. The lady has three more left in anyone needs one.
You save 5 dollars. If you order on ikea it comes to 15.99 to order it
Now I hope I could figure out how to decorated it

Can anyone tell me when we're able to book Palo etc.?
And if there are any returning Member Cruisers out there, is it worth it? We prefer the brunch, but that would mean taking time away from other activities. So much to do, so little time!!

Can anyone tell me when we're able to book Palo etc.?

Booking of Spa Treatments, Adult Dining, etc will follow the normal Castaway Club booking guidelines:
  • Concierge Staterooms or Platinum Castaway: 120 days from sail date
  • Gold Castaway: 105 days from sail date
  • Silver Castaway: 90 days from sail date
  • First time cruisers: 75 days from sail date

And separately, does anyone know about the dress for dinner? I'm assuming it would be cruise casual on the Sunday, then Pirate (!) on pirate night, then what?

When I booked the DVC rep said I would be getting the confirmation in the mail in 3 weeks. I bet we all will get more info then! Until then, its killing me! I want to have all the info now!! Lol!

Howdy all!
It took me 58 tries to get through, and an hour on hold! But now we are happily booked on our favorite itinerary( double dip) and our first MC!!
We booked 2 rooms- inside and family verandah( that's all they had left) deck 8.
cruisers are me, DH, DS12, DMIL-( is that what you call your mother-in-law?)

I asked to join FB group, and love to do FE, or something smaller, like candy! Am worried about all of the gifts and getting them home to the PNW.

We haven't decided on our before stay and after- it so far out :), our first year as dvc(2008) we traveled to WDW, for the first time, in August- it was awesome, super hot, muggy, and we got drenched everyday! Lol, now we are much better travelers, and always carry our rain ponchos!

It's cruise casual throughout, with optional pirate dress on pirate night, and an optional dress up night (no formal). With the recent relaxing of the definition of cruise casual, we saw lots of jeans and shorts in the dining room on all four nights.

It's cruise casual throughout, with optional pirate dress on pirate night, and an optional dress up night (no formal). With the recent relaxing of the definition of cruise casual, we saw lots of jeans and shorts in the dining room on all four nights.

Thanks!!

update--I called and they said we were all set and DVC had cleared the charge, but that since it was over the weekend, it can take several days to post.
-------------
who booked with cash (part or all) and has not had their CC charged yet? I also can't find my reservation on DVC (but didn't use any DVc points) and temp reservation # is not in DCL. I called back later on Sunday and changed to main dining and they gave me my cabin #, so I know it was booked, just wondering? I am assuming that they are just delayed b/c they had to process 1000 reservations? Elaine

who booked with cash (part or all) and has not had their CC charged yet? I also can't find my reservation on DVC (but didn't use any DVc points) and temp reservation # is not in DCL. I called back later on Sunday and changed to main dining and they gave me my cabin #, so I know it was booked, just wondering? I am assuming that they are just delayed b/c they had to process 1000 reservations? Elaine

Just checked my cc. Mine is listed under temporary authorizations, but not put through as a charge yet.

I thought we were to be able to see the reservation on the DVC member site, but I don't see it. I booked with cash. I am not worried at this point. My CC has not been charged yet either.

Bobbi

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

I thought we were to be able to see the reservation on the DVC member site, but I don't see it. I booked with cash. I am not worried at this point. My CC has not been charged yet either.

Bobbi
When I originally booked, I was told I would be able to see it on the dvc member website under my membership number. I was concerned since it never showed up and called back. They said that since I did not book with points it would not be in my account. So, I think if you used points it will shop up under your account online, if you paid cash, it will not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter