• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 23, 2014 - Mediterranean MAGIC 7 Day

Hello fellow Fish Extenders!
I just wanted to let everyone know that we will have a FE meet up:

Disney Magic, August 23,Barcelona
Day 1 (Saturday August 23, 2014)
3 pm
Promenade Lounge, Deck 3 mid/aft

Hopefully most people should be on board, and it's before the lifeboat drills at 4 pm. That way if anyone has change in cabin number we can update the list.

I will be leaving Tuesday Aug 19th for arrival to Barcelona on the 20th and not sure how much access I will have to email and such.

If there are any issues with this date/time/location, let me know! Looking forwarding to meeting everyone

Definitely not long now, especially as we are having time in Barcelona before we Sail Away.

We'll do our best to be there on Saturday, but there seems to be so much to do when we first get on the ship (get familiar with the layout, register at the kid's clubs, book activities, eat lunch, unpack) before the safety drill!

I believe the Facebook meet is planned for the next day (Sunday), but I can't remember at what time or where. I seem to recall thinking that I may find it harder to attend this one as the family would need time to get ready for Princess night.

See you all very soon.

(By the way, just noticed that the ship in our signature is ever so nearly there!)

Yes this meet up is in addition to the Facebook one as I am not on Facebook And I was not aware of the other one. Of course you do not have to attend it is just so anyone who is interested and wants to meet will have the opportunity as well as if there are any last minutes changes to cabins you would be able to let everyone know.
Looking forward to meeting and starting my vacation!!!:)

Just to pass on the info that has been mentioned on Facebook but been missed here. Dis Meet Up Sun 24th August (our sea day) at 4pm in the Promenade Lounge. Pop by and say Hi :wave2:

Just wanted to wish everyone the most fabulous time on our Disney Magic Cruise. Can't believe it is almost finally here - one week to go! We hope to join in with one of the meets but as others have said there is so much to do and see, we may not be able to make it. Can't wait to hand out our fish extender gifts! See you all soon!

SPOILER ALERT :cheer2:

I shared our FE Gifts photo on Facebook and thought it would be nice to share it here to. Do not, I repeat do not, ask us how we are going the get all this stuff on to the ship. I think you will see us mostly in swimwear as there is no space left in our suitcases for clothes :rotfl2:.
Just kidding, my parents were kind enough to borrow us one of their suitcase.
We are going to try very hard to make it to FE meet. Can't wait to be on the ship!

As others have said, not sure if we will make the meet up as my DDs have a long list of things to do before the drill at 4! Hope everyone has a great cruise, all packed now and I keep checking Barcelona weather as we only have 1 day for sightseeing (this Fri) and it is currently showing as rain having been hot and sunny every day for the past two months. So typical but not complaining we'll be on the Magic in less than 7 days :cool1:

We had an amazing time :-)

It was so lovely to meet everyone and we loved taking part in the FE and recieved some very thoughtful gifts xxxx

Wow! What a generous bunch you all are! And creative and thoughtful. Thank you for all the FE gifts. We hope you enjopyed the blue string bags with pins for trading and some treats....

Pam, David, Clarke and Matt

Had a fabulous time! Thank you to everyone who participated in the FE exchange! Gifts were great and lots of time went into planning!
Don't know who some of gifts were from as the kids got a hold of them before me but....
Joanne, Jordan and Alice the backpacks with kids name were so cute! And I loved my necklace as well!
Z'disney mom the luggage tags were great! I don't know where you found the toy story hand sanitizer but that and the coin purse were great as well.
The personalized "I'm reading this book" bookmarks were super!
I LOVED the Minnie Mouse red tumblers!
Newton Family- the memory holder was really cool!
The Goetvinck family - I don't know how you had enough space for all of the great gifts! Your special note was very nice as well. Thank you for the mermaid statue and lady dog for Lily.
The sequined tote bag with disney cruise logo and I spy game was a special treat and kids loved candy.
The Dale family your bag was so cool as well.
The two CD's were great can't wait to listen to them.
Andrew, Angela, Heather, and Isla - your letter was lovely. Thank you for all the fun stuff. Can't wait to try the shortbread and loved the stars!
Kalvin, Louise, and Eleni- loved all of the fun stuff! I love the Mickey and Minnie cosmetic mirror for my purse! I needed one.
For all the candy, key chains, magnets and everything thing else that everyone brought Thank you SO much!
Until next time!
The Sahagun's

Ditto what others have said - the Fish Extender Exchange was amazing - all the gifts were wonderful and thoughful - my kids had a ball finding new gifts every day - it really added extra magic to the holiday. Thanks so much to cupcakesmmm for organising everything. Hope you all had an amazing time - we certainly did!! pirate:

Wow, Wow, Wow!! We cannot believe the generosity shown by you all. Thank you ever so much. We all loved racing back along the corridor (usually the wrong one or in the wrong direction to start with) to see what delights had been left in our Fish Extender.

We are so glad that we booked an extra case for the flight home so that we could carry everything. On Sunday we laid everything out so that we would have a photo of all these wonderful gifts. Hopefully you can spot yours in the picture. {Saying that, this is my first attempt at adding a photo to these boards and it may not work!}

I cannot begin to go through each item in detail, but they are all fantastic and personal. Everyone spent so much time preparing. As gifts arrived we did note down what we received from each person, which leaves three sets of gifts unattributed - Belle2011, Bethsouza4 and Nixieh must have given the pirate music CD, the cruise slippers and the door handle hanger.

We are sorry that we never made it to the meet. We had great intentions but time disappeared on that first day as we wandered around in wide-eyed wonder taking in all the new sights.

I have just noticed that the ship in our signature has sailed off into the distance. We booked this over 300 days before sailing away, we told the girls on Christmas Day with 240 days to go. At the moment we are enjoying reliving the memories and keeping the holiday going. We have photos to print and scrap books to organise so we are truly in no hurry to start thinking about future holidays.

We have not booked or planned any future Disney adventures. I would never say never, but there is a part of me that thinks that nothing will top that first experience of the Magic.

We have another week off before things get back to normal. Monday sees Heather back to school and I am back to work. Thursday will be Isla's first day at school. Angela will then continue her preparations for a half marathon at the end of the month. Yes, she did continue her training schedule last week, including completing 24 laps of Deck 4 on two of the mornings.

The Disboards and this Fish Extender group have made our cruise even more special. The research and planning using these boards saw so many things work out perfectly (looking at the signed photo mats at the moment), but I have also learnt that Disney has pixie dust which means that surprises and Magic can exceed you wildest dreams.

See ya all real soon,

The Booths

First and foremost, Thank You for all the generous and thoughtful FE gifts!

Second...my 13 year old son, Clarke, made friends with a boy named William from the UK. We are having trouble interpreting the handwriting to send an email. Any help would be appreciated!

Pamela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter