• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 23, 2014 - Mediterranean MAGIC 7 Day

I will need some help here. I am contemplating booking this cruise but need some advice. I am traveling from NJ, so i could use any of the 3 NYC airports to get to Barcelona. Newark even has a non stop on United but its $1476 per person. so a few questions

1. best time to book airfare?
2. this cruise vs. 1 week on the Fantasy in July its the same price once i include the airfare? any and all opinions welcome
3. if i fly in to BCN on the 23rd in the AM is there transportation to the port from the airport or do you suggest going in one day earlier?

TIA

Hello all!!

Just checking in! In the process of looking for affordable airfares.

Hoping everyone has a happy holiday season!

MadamG2U

I will need some help here. I am contemplating booking this cruise but need some advice. I am traveling from NJ, so i could use any of the 3 NYC airports to get to Barcelona. Newark even has a non stop on United but its $1476 per person. so a few questions

1. best time to book airfare?
2. this cruise vs. 1 week on the Fantasy in July its the same price once i include the airfare? any and all opinions welcome
3. if i fly in to BCN on the 23rd in the AM is there transportation to the port from the airport or do you suggest going in one day earlier?

TIA

Hi, it is my experience, that the airfares should go down in late Jan/Feb, maybe into March. The current flight prices are insane, and if they don't come down we may not be able to go!!!!:sad2: Also, I would highly recommend flying in at least one day early. Too much can happen on an international flight.
We are flying out of NY/NJ as well, so if I see anything I will post it! But last summer we did pay close to $1k per person to fly into mainland Europe.

Kristen

As I had previously posted, we found reasonable airfare flying into London from JFK on Norwegian Air. If you are willing to make a stop in London before Barcelona and can get decent airfare to and from London, this may work out for you too.

Hi we are a party of 8 cruising on the 23 August. It is my family and my friends . I have 2 children who will be 11 (DS) and 8 (DD) and they have 2 who will be 7(DS) and 5(DD). It's our second disney cruise.
:wave2::wave2::wave2:

Hi, it is my experience, that the airfares should go down in late Jan/Feb, maybe into March. The current flight prices are insane, and if they don't come down we may not be able to go!!!!:sad2: Also, I would highly recommend flying in at least one day early. Too much can happen on an international flight.
We are flying out of NY/NJ as well, so if I see anything I will post it! But last summer we did pay close to $1k per person to fly into mainland Europe.

Kristen

We just returned from a week on the Fantasy in the Caribbean and I cannot wait for the next cruise. I am sitting here, in our house, wearing a hat, sweatshirt, light weight jacket and dreaming of warm St. Thomas...We are also coming from NJ, close to Phila... hence the chill.

Since I cannot go back to the ship right now, I will do the next best thing...plan the next cruise with intensity! I spent hours working on this yesterday, on the phone with Disney and with Costco, our TA. Here are our conclusions....

We have not yet purchased air fare, but will soon. I think we will go US Air, direct from Philly to Barcelona, but coming home on US Air we are routed through one of the Carolinas because the only other US Air flight leaves too early the morning we return to Barcelona.

We plan to fly in, arriving the morning of the 21st, stay at the Renaissance so we can use the Disney transfers from Airport to Hotel, Hotel to port and Port to airport...that is fairly reasonable at $360 for a family of 4 including luggage handling. The price at the Renaissance was much lower through Disney than if we booked the same rooms independently...and since most hotel rooms have a max occupancy of 2 plus a crib, we have 2 rooms. $1400 through Disney versus over $1800 on our own.

We will likely book air on our own because of 1) using the miles, 2) Disney will not tell you how you will fly, whether you will have layovers or plane changes, until 45 days out and they want $7000 from us just for airfare for 4....wow!

On another note, my sons will be 10 and 13 on the cruise. They are both summer birthdays and we will be "celebrating" on the ship. My younger son was not thrilled with the Oceaneer's Lab last week except when his buddy was there, but my older son was beyond thrilled with Edge...and with having his own wave phone. (note to self. both boys need cargo shorts so they have a place to put their phone.) My younger son made a huge connection with a boy of the same age BEFORE getting on the ship. They face timed and may be life long friends. It made all the difference for him.

I would be more than happy to introduce them to other kids...Facetime opens up the world.

Matthew will be 10. He loves sports, video games, Minecraft and being silly.

Clarke will be 13. He loves to read, listen to music and play music (electric bass and Double Bass), plays video games and Minecraft, etc. He is a little more reserved than his younger brother and seems to do better in smaller groups of peers than larger.

Pamela

Hi Cupcakesmmm

I sent you a PM with our info for the fish extender.

I clicked on the google doc and got a message that I don't have permission to view it. Anything special I need to do to view the file?

Thanks again for putting together the fish extender.

Z'sdisneymom

Hi Cupcakesmmm

I sent you a PM with our info for the fish extender.

I clicked on the google doc and got a message that I don't have permission to view it. Anything special I need to do to view the file?

Thanks again for putting together the fish extender.

Z'sdisneymom

Sorry! A little technically challenged. My son helped me fix it. You should be able to view now.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Hi, sorry I'm a bit late to the party. This will be me and my partners first cruise and I would love to join the fish extender group, I know it was originally capped at 15 people but I was wondering if there was room for us :) thanks, Lauren x

Hi, sorry I'm a bit late to the party. This will be me and my partners first cruise and I would love to join the fish extender group, I know it was originally capped at 15 people but I was wondering if there was room for us :) thanks, Lauren x

Hi Lauren,
I can start a list for back ups and let you know closer to our cruise if there are any cancellations, drop outs or possibly enough interest for a second group.

Okay Thank you, if only a couple more people like me show interest would it be possible to extend the group to 20 so people don't feel excluded? I got all excited and bought a fish extender online yesterday and now it looks like I won't be able to use it :(

Hi,

I created a Facebook page for this group a while ago and there are 3 families already. It won't let me add the link but if you search 'Disney Magic - Med Cruise - 23rd August' you should be able to add yourself!

Hope you can all join that too! So glad I found you on here!

I cannot seem to find the facebook group! i have searched under lots of variations of your words but keep coming up with groups on the wrong dates, please help.

TIA

Hi, thanks for putting the FE list together. Is there a trick to adding my info?
Pamela

Hi, thanks for putting the FE list together. Is there a trick to adding my info?
Pamela

I am the only one who can add the info. Just message me with your data and I will add to the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Okay Thank you, if only a couple more people like me show interest would it be possible to extend the group to 20 so people don't feel excluded? I got all excited and bought a fish extender online yesterday and now it looks like I won't be able to use it :(

Hi Lauren,
I will let you know. Thanks

Wow! If you do not have your hotel confirmed for cruise yet, you better get looking. We decided to fly out the day after we get back so we wouldn't have to rush off the ship to the airport. I had no idea that it would be so difficult to find a room for 1 night. There is still a lot available if you want to spend $500 a night.

Hi All,

So excited that we are included in the FE group. I am trying to add a link to the Facebook page but as I am quite new to this it won't let me post as I don't have enough posts registered. Will try to post again in a few days when I have enough posts!

Kerry

Does anyone object to the possibility of adding a few more to the FE group? Because we do still have a while until the trip I don't know how many more will want to join. I was thinking about the possibility of increasing the group to a max of 20. If there are more than that who want to join I would just start a second group. Please let me know if you are on the FE list already and do not want to increase. I will put a definite close on joining by May. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter