• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 23, 2014 - Mediterranean MAGIC 7 Day

I know that other groups have made separate threads for the kids in their parties to communicate. Is this something your Tweens would be interested in? I just think it takes some of the pressure/nervousness off if the kids no somebody before they even get on board.

Just saying a quick hello and pointing out that our cruise is now less than 12 months away :woohoo::woohoo:

We also opted for an ocean view. Figured we'd be in port more than on the verandah with this itinerary.

Spent a few days in the World at the end of August. Hot but had a great time. So now it's back to planning!

Still trying to decide on our pre-cruise trip. London, Paris, Venice, Barcelona...

Anyone else planning to visit other cities before the cruise?

We are definitely going to try to fly over the Atlantic a few days before our cruise. The price of the airfare will determine where. DW is rooting for Venice. I think I'd like to see Paris and maybe Disneyland there.

We are headed to see Mickey in FL in Nov. Maybe I'll get my fix then.

Hi we've just booked on this cruise - very excited.. :cool1::cool1:

It's our first ever cruise but we are big Disney fans..

From the UK and we are 2 adults and 2 girls aged 10 and 8..

Can we please join the fish extenders please.. :yay:

Hi, we are also booked, me DH DD11 and I would like to be added to fish extenders list if possible.
We did sail on magic last month and cannot wait to get back to see the changes. Only one of the stops is repeated (villefranche).
We too are coming from the UK.

Hi, we are also booked, me DH DD11 and I would like to be added to fish extenders list if possible.
We did sail on magic last month and cannot wait to get back to see the changes. Only one of the stops is repeated (villefranche).
We too are coming from the UK.

Hi to all the new cruisers joining the thread!

Goofylou -

I know that your ports if call are different but how did you book your excursions for your last cruise?

Hi to all the new cruisers joining the thread!

Goofylou -

I know that your ports if call are different but how did you book your excursions for your last cruise?

We booked both of our tours through disney - they were very well organised and the first one to nice monaco etc got held up in rush hour traffic and our bus was not back to the tender - and the boat was due to have departed but as it was the disney tour they had to make the boat wait. I will only book disney tours for this trip too so sorry we won't be joining any private tours.
We stayed in Barcelona for a for a few days before our trip and we were very impressed although a lot of restaraunts close on a sunday and lots of museums on a monday.

Ps the port adventures were still up for the ports of call for this year - we have used that to give us a rough idea of prices and places, check out the dcl website, but I feel as magic has finished her summer in the med the port adventures will disappear soon.

Hi,

we also just decided to join this cruise filled with Disney Magic. We are a family of four: my dear wife (36), our cool daughter (7), our at first shy and then very loud son (5) and Disney freak me (36).

We live in Flanders and are native Dutch speakers but both my wife and I are fairly good at English (and even our daughter is starting to pick up - Dora and Boots rule :rotfl:).

I visited Disneyland Paris countless times so anyone planning on also visiting the European Disney resort don’t hesitate to contact me for info, tips or current promotional offers. We have also visited London and Paris multiple times and Barcelona and Rome (with the kids) one time.

Cupcakemmm we would very much love to participate in the fish extender program.

It took ages to convince my wife to finally take this cruise so I'm very much excited that we finally booked. This thread seems to be the ideal way to maximize the pretrip fun :cool1:.

From NJ...DH, Me, DS 13 and DS 10. Their ages when we cruise)...our first European vacation as a family! Cannot wait!

We are sailing on the Fantasy for New Years in 3 mos...doing FE there for the first time. We will be old hands on FE by next year....
Pamela

Hi and welcome to all the new cruisers!

We have quite a group now.

Glad to see everyone joining the FE.

Giving and receiving all the awesome gifts is part of the fun of a Disney cruise.

Happy Planning

Z'sDisneyMom

Sorry for the late response to everyone. Has been quite a busy couple of weeks.
Glad to see all the additional cruisers!

So I am going to start compiling some information for the FE list. If you can kindly message me with as much of the information from list below, I will start to gather the information for the group.

Cabin Number
DIS Name
Names/Ages
Favorite Characters
Confirmed?

So far I have the following people on the FE list:
1. Cupcakesmmm
2. Z'sDisneyMom
3. MadamG2U
4. Barnesa123
5. Pringles507
6. Gill2014
7. Goofylou
8. PeppyHare
9. Rackon

If you are not on this list and would like to be added to the FE list please let me know as well. As the group has been limited to 15 cabins we are over half way there. We can start a waiting list or second group also if interested.

338 days to go!

We booked both of our tours through disney - they were very well organised and the first one to nice monaco etc got held up in rush hour traffic and our bus was not back to the tender - and the boat was due to have departed but as it was the disney tour they had to make the boat wait. I will only book disney tours for this trip too so sorry we won't be joining any private tours.
We stayed in Barcelona for a for a few days before our trip and we were very impressed although a lot of restaraunts close on a sunday and lots of museums on a monday.

That is so interesting to hear that it was held up due to traffic. Did you go in August as well? Do you happen to know if there were others that were on the same tour that booked independently?

Cupcakesmmm,

first of all a big thank you for organising the FE for the upcoming cruise. Here is the information you requested.

Cabin Number

6644 (mom and dad) and 6645 (kids)

DIS Name

8. PeppyHare

Names/Ages (next year)

Kristof 36
Jennifer 36
Annelore 7
Matthias 5

Belgium

Celebrating?

Always ;-) . No, nothing in particular.

Favourite Characters

Kristof - Tiger
Jennifer - Mickey
Annelore - Pooh, Ior, Mickey
Matthias - Minnie, Mickey, Leroy

Confirmed?

Yes (deposit paid)

Best regards,

Kristof

I was on 'magic' beginning August this year, we were the last passengers back onto the ship the crew were on the tender boat behind us so I guess that if there were others held up they would have missed the boat. We were on a full day tour but Monte Carlo was our last stop. The other tour we booked was in Palma but was only a half day trip so we were back on the boat for lunch, the trips we're looking at for this next trip will only be half days as the full day was too tiring, I would also like to have more 'boat time' for movies, activities etc.

Cupcakesmmm,

first of all a big thank you for organising the FE for the upcoming cruise. Here is the information you requested.

Cabin Number

6644 (mom and dad) and 6645 (kids)

DIS Name

8. PeppyHare

Names/Ages (next year)

Kristof 36
Jennifer 36
Annelore 7
Matthias 5

Belgium

Celebrating?

Always ;-) . No, nothing in particular.

Favourite Characters

Kristof - Tiger
Jennifer - Mickey
Annelore - Pooh, Ior, Mickey
Matthias - Minnie, Mickey, Leroy

Confirmed?

Yes (deposit paid)

Best regards,

Kristof

Thanks so much!

Booked this cruise about 3 weeks ago, first timer on Disney cruise and ridiculously excited. Been an internet addict reading anything and everything DCL for the last 3 weeks so thought I'd join the forum. From the UK, South West, will be travelling with DH, DD 8 and SIL. Previously only cruised P&O so not sure what the FE is but they sound fun and I've plenty of time to find out all about it so would like to join. Less than a year to go!!

Welcome to the group! I will add you to the list. If you search FE on this website or pintrist you should be able to find plenty of info.

Ok. Looking for feedback on this plan. Especially from those joining us from Europe. Is this itinerary doable/worthwhile?

Fly from US to Paris. Stay overnight and fly next to Venice for 2-3 days. Fly back to Barcelona the night before our cruise. Sound good?

If you still have room on the fish extender, please add us. I have not previously done the FE but thought it might be fun this time around coming from across the pond.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter