• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 23, 2014 - Mediterranean MAGIC 7 Day

bnlbebes

Mouseketeachers
Couldn't find a thread for our recently booked cruise, so I thought I'd start one.

DW, DS (12), and I will be making our 1st European vacation.

Interested in booking private tours of our ports of call in Italy with other DISers once our airfare has been booked.

Feel free to add you family to the roll call!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise!

Couldn't find a thread for our recently booked cruise, so I thought I'd start one.

DW, DS (12), and I will be making our 1st European vacation.

Interested in booking private tours of our ports of call in Italy with other DISers once our airfare has been booked.

Feel free to add you family to the roll call!

Hi there we are also on this cruise - will be our first Disney cruise so new to all of this. What is the "roll call?" . Have read lots about the fish extenders and keep seeing the roll call mentioned but no information. We are based here in Europe.

Forgot to add travelling with DH, and DD (6). Any tips welcome. The only place on the itinery I've been to before is Florence. Well worth a visit - a very beautiful city.

I tried to reply yesterday but my post wasn't posted.

I don't know much about fish extenders. Hopefully someone will join our thread that does.

The roll call is just the list of people saying that they will be on the cruise.

I saw a poster of cruisecritic.com for our cruise. Was that you? What part of Europe are you from?

So we just put our deposit for this cruise and are all so excited. Will be DH, DS(13), DD(11) and myself DW. This will be our second DC, first was to Alaska in July. I would love to be in charge of creating the FE group.

I think a cap of 15 cabins is a good size so just let me know if you would like to be a part of the FE group and I will add you to the list. Once we reach cap I will start a waiting list.

This will definitely be a magical adventure. Please let me know if you have any questions. Can't wait to start the planning!

Glad to see a meet thread for this cruise.

We are myself and DD 15.

My best friend is also sailing in her own cabin.

This will be our 6th Disney Cruise and our first time in Europe.

We are super excited :yay::yay:

We'd love to participate in the fish extender.

Looking forward to all the planning!

So glad to see we have a few more joining the group.

Having never traveled to Europe before, I am hoping to get some tips from others who have. If you want tips re: cruising with Disney, we have done that before, so I'd be happy to share.

As I said initially, I am really hoping to make a few contacts here that would be willing to join small tour groups of our Ports of Call as opposed to using the large group and more expensive cruise ship excursion option.

I was checking out toursbylocals.com and other sites to get a feel for what's available. But I won't be booking anything, I don't think, until airfares come out. Travelling from New Jersey so any tips on airfare deals are also appreciated. (We are thinking of flying into another European city - London, Paris, Venice - before our cruise and then traveling from there to the Barcelona port.)

Hi, I am Madam G. I have my own cabin, and I will be traveling with Z'sDisneyMom and her DD. This will be my first Disney cruise as well as my first trip to Europe. Looking forward to experiencing Disney.

I would like to be part of the FE.

Madam G

Hi there thanks for the reply. I'm from the UK. Thanks for the information about the roll call. I've done some research on the fish extenders and there are many options. Some people start the fish extenders and stop the list when it reaches 20 kids others just do a few each. You hang pockets outside of the cabin on the metal fish and then you pop little gifts in for each on your list. Then when the kids come back from their activities there is a little gift waiting for them. Seems very cute idea to add an extra bit of magic.

Hello again. There is a company on line called magicalJourneys.com. They do private tours from all the ports of call on our cruise. I'm not sure if the prices are good are not as no point of reference for the Disney organised ones yet.

We have DD who will only be 6 when we travel so will try and do short tours only as not sure how she will cope on a 6 - 9 hours coach tour.

We are getting very excited but will not tell DD until after Christmas.

Dear CupCakesmmm

You are brilliant for doing the FE. Please count us in. How does it work? Does each cabin do one day in the cruise? I'd be worried about my baggage if I need to bring gifts for all cabin involved everyday, and I have a serious shoe addiction! :-)

Our cabin if for 3. Me DH and DD who will be 6.

Glad to hear that DD and I are not the only ones with a shoe addiction!

We have participated in fish extender exchanges on our last 3 Disney cruises.

They are so much fun. We find that most people leave 1 gift per cruise. Usually something small for each person in the cabin or 1 gift for all.

We cruised this past February and I must say there was some really creative folks in our group. We got so many wonderful handmade gifts. There are many good ideas in the fish extender thread here on the DIS.

I'm also looking at tour companies and trying to figure out what we want to do in each port. The planning is half the fun!

So excited about all the activity already. I will be starting a spreadsheet and sending it out to everyone who wants to be part of the FE.
Pintrist is a great place to look for different ideas for FE's.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Can I be nosy? What kind of stateroom did you book? DW wanted us to splurge for a balcony, and we usually save a little by staying in an inside cabin. This time around we met in the middle and booked a room with a window.

Can I be nosy? What kind of stateroom did you book? DW wanted us to splurge for a balcony, and we usually save a little by staying in an inside cabin. This time around we met in the middle and booked a room with a window.

When I was talking to my travel agent she said that there are certain cruises that she would definitely recommend a balcony on but this one is not one of them. She said that due to the fact that this is a very port intensive cruise that you won't be in your room enough to enjoy the balcony.

Just booked :) This will be my third cruise and I will be bringing my boyfriend Eric and my DS 14, Austin. My Mom is also coming with her bff Robyn. Cannot wait for this trip. We would also like to be included in FE. Thanks!!

Just booked :) This will be my third cruise and I will be bringing my boyfriend Eric and my DS 14, Austin. My Mom is also coming with her bff Robyn. Cannot wait for this trip. We would also like to be included in FE. Thanks!!

Welcome. Glad to see more people join the thread. My son prides himself on being a "tween." Maybe he and Austin might end up hanging out in Edge, the tween club.

Welcome aboard. My DS will be 13 and is also very much into the "tween" category. Now if we could just have someone join in with a DD in my daughters age group (10).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter