August 23, 2014 FANTASY Eastern cruise meet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's February, getting a little closer :goodvibes

Succumbed to the stand by generator, was completed yesterday. It good peace if mind but I assure you, I'd rather spend the money on a cruise :thumbsup2

It's February, getting a little closer :goodvibes

Succumbed to the stand by generator, was completed yesterday. It good peace if mind but I assure you, I'd rather spend the money on a cruise :thumbsup2

We talked about a generator last year when we had an ice storm. Ultimately, we've opted not to get one, but I do envy those that have them.

We talked about a generator last year when we had an ice storm. Ultimately, we've opted not to get one, but I do envy those that have them.

I balked after the freak october storm of 2011 where we lost power for a full week and folks were getting gouged on generators and install fees. Been here 10 years and with exception of that one storm, we rarely over lose power and if so its for minutes, maybe an hour or so tops.

I found someone to do a good job and charge a reasonable rate (40% less from other quotes) who had installed them for 2 of my partners already so I pulled the trigger. It should help resale value at very least.

I balked after the freak october storm of 2011 where we lost power for a full week and folks were getting gouged on generators and install fees. Been here 10 years and with exception of that one storm, we rarely over lose power and if so its for minutes, maybe an hour or so tops.

I found someone to do a good job and charge a reasonable rate (40% less from other quotes) who had installed them for 2 of my partners already so I pulled the trigger. It should help resale value at very least.

:thumbsup2 Very cool.

We live in the country and get too many power outages. But they generally don't last too long, perhaps and hour or so. But our ice storm last year put us out for four days and it pretty much sucked. Thankfully, DH put all the fridge stuff in a snow bank and our deep freezer we kept closed and it miraculously didn't totally unfreeze. And we had a wood-stove insert that kept us warm. But it really was pretty yucky. And it's made us truly consider the generator.

I think we need to go through it again to convince ourselves to get one :rotfl:

Dave and I just switched a placeholder for this cruise. We will be joining my sister and her family. Unfortunately I don't think the dates are going to work for our girls and grandchildren.

Hi Barb! So glad you & Dave decided to join us! Looks like another great cruise with a great bunch of peeps!

Millipie made this cruise design for me. Thought I'd share it with everyone!!!!

EasternCaribbeanMouseketeerspreserver-1-1.jpg

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Hi all! My DH and I just booked this cruise to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and my graduation from grad school. I'm already SO EXCITED! This will be my 4th cruise on DCL (DH's 3rd). We look forward to meeting everyone. We are in cabin 7086 and will be participating in the FE too! Thanks to all who are already organizing everything. I would be happy to help out -please PM me if there's anything I can do to help out.

Welcome to everyone who joined recently! This will be such a fun cruise --as evidenced by all of the activity on this thread this far out! I so look forward to chatting and getting to know all of you before we even step foot on the ship! Have a great evening everyone!

Beth

tinkerbelltwins said:
Welcome to everyone who joined recently! This will be such a fun cruise --as evidenced by all of the activity on this thread this far out! I so look forward to chatting and getting to know all of you before we even step foot on the ship! Have a great evening everyone!

Beth

Ditto Beth. And I hope it doesn't take until Aug 2014 til I see you in person. Lol

Hi all! My DH and I just booked this cruise to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and my graduation from grad school. I'm already SO EXCITED! This will be my 4th cruise on DCL (DH's 3rd). We look forward to meeting everyone. We are in cabin 7086 and will be participating in the FE too! Thanks to all who are already organizing everything. I would be happy to help out -please PM me if there's anything I can do to help out.
:welcome:

Beth
Good post! I totally agree, I think we're going to have a fantastic time :beach:

Please humor me..... :)

Cruise Countdown!
One Year, Six Months and Two Weeks (plus a day or two..!) until Embarkation!

EasternCaribbeanMouseketeerspreserver-1-1.jpg

We are so far out that we are on the last Fantasy sailing currently available to book.

I'm already getting started on my FE gifts but I'm afraid I might be duplicating what someone else is doing. I got my ideas from these boards and they seem pretty popular. Am I worrying needlessly? (I have a tendency to do that anyway!)

I'm already getting started on my FE gifts but I'm afraid I might be duplicating what someone else is doing. I got my ideas from these boards and they seem pretty popular. Am I worrying needlessly? (I have a tendency to do that anyway!)

I say go for it -- it is the thought that counts -- and even if they are duplicated they'll be greatly appreciated. I applaud your getting started early on them!! :)

Good Morning!! With the 2014 schedule looking more and more like Alaska/Europe instead of NYC, we moved our dummy booking to this cruise!!
It'll be me (Lisa), Bob, and DD Jordan (14 @ sailing - she will be so excited to actually be able to use a pool instead of having to bob around in people soup.)
We had considered getting a suite since prices were reasonable, but were disappointed that we would lose our 10% OBB discount, so we stuck with a 4E instead. We didn't get our favorite room, but we DID get one similar - 5650 - so we're pretty psyched. 8/14 seems so far away and we have a WDW trip scheduled for THIS August - so you would think I'd be thinking about that a bit more - but I just wanna be on the Mickey boat NOW -LOL

Good Morning!! With the 2014 schedule looking more and more like Alaska/Europe instead of NYC, we moved our dummy booking to this cruise!!
It'll be me (Lisa), Bob, and DD Jordan (14 @ sailing - she will be so excited to actually be able to use a pool instead of having to bob around in people soup.)
We had considered getting a suite since prices were reasonable, but were disappointed that we would lose our 10% OBB discount, so we stuck with a 4E instead. We didn't get our favorite room, but we DID get one similar - 5650 - so we're pretty psyched. 8/14 seems so far away and we have a WDW trip scheduled for THIS August - so you would think I'd be thinking about that a bit more - but I just wanna be on the Mickey boat NOW -LOL
:welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter