August 2016 - anyone else planning for this time?

Ginger9708

Aka Tami82
well I haven't been on here for a while and seems I lost all of my prior posts. Anyway my name is Lin and our last trip to Disney was in 2009 stayed at Contemporary Resort and again in 2010 stayed at Wilderness Lodge. During that time we were lucky as we got,free,dining which was offered in mid August both times and pretty easy to get. I would start with the room and park reservations and add the FD when it was offered later on. We are planning our next visit to Disney in August 2016 to stay at Poly and was hoping to get free dining but see over the past few years it starts the end of the month now and not as easy to get so not sure exactly how this is going to work for us next year if we don't get it. I have a lot of,catching up to do and figuring out some numbers so we can make this next dream trip work for us.

I would love to see if anyone else is planning on going at this time and what you have planned or alternate ways to make your trip work for you if you don't get free dining.

We are also planning a trip next August. We can use the military benefit, if renewed, so we would have the option of staying at Shades of Green or a moderate with 35% off. We would not be able to get the dining plan so we are rethinking our meals. Plan to do some easy breakfasts in the room or on the way to the parks, and we will eT more counter service meals. Last time we had the dining plan and we had a lot of character meals, which are really expensive if purchased OOP. We are also planning to stay 12 days, but only plan 4 park days. We are planning 2 days at SW my daughter and SIL want to go to US one day ( my DH and I would use that as a pool day at the resort with our granddaughter). We are trying to have a much more relaxed trip, and I think not having ADR's to work around will help with time management and cost. I've seen many threads about price increases on the horizon, and this will also affect our plans. I know annual increases are inevitable and as long as they are reason alb we will go. Anything excessive and we will be planning another vacation. A lot to think about! Enjoy your planning.

I too am rethinking our plan as I'd like to go earlier in August instead of counting on a free dining plan. We might go through a special travel agency and then worry about the meals another way. Or do the room discount through Disney. We already did the character meals years ago so no need for that anymore. I still have to crunch some numbers and see if it's doable at a somewhat reasonable price. I don't mind a counter service plan now and your right it's much easier then working around reservations. Plus the stress of getting the dining reservations is a pain. Maybe we'll pay oop for 2 table service meals if we go with the counter service plan. I'd like to stay at my dream resort so I wouldn't mind cutting corners a bit.

Last edited:
I am starting to rethink August. Went to the zoo today with my granddaughter's class. Live in jersey and it was hot and humid today which made me think I will not be able to take the heat in WDW in August.

I am starting to rethink August. Went to the zoo today with my granddaughter's class. Live in jersey and it was hot and humid today which made me think I will not be able to take the heat in WDW in August.

My wife and I had that same epiphany at the pool last weekend in South Florida. We decided to change our September trip to late January when the parks are just as empty, it's not 96 degrees with 100% humidity, and every afternoon we won't have to worry about a monsoon. Waiting for the 2016 packages to be released on June 22nd.

Are the packages that come out on June 22nd through Disney? You are right about the rain, our last trip in 2010 was in August and rained a lot which was a bummer. I can't believe a few times I actually wore a jacket because it was cool and not the usual,hot and humid. The first time we went it was pretty much good weather but hot. I got through it wearing a neck fan most of the time.

Are the packages that come out on June 22nd through Disney? You are right about the rain, our last trip in 2010 was in August and rained a lot which was a bummer. I can't believe a few times I actually wore a jacket because it was cool and not the usual,hot and humid. The first time we went it was pretty much good weather but hot. I got through it wearing a neck fan most of the time.

Yep, the plans to be released on the 22nd are the official Disney 2016 packages. They're coming out about 3 weeks earlier this year. Most of the Disney TA sites have it on their front page and Disney by Joe confirmed it on his Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/OrlandoByJoe?fref=ts
http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/06...oming-very-soon-here-is-how-and-when-to-book/

I'll be going back next August. We go every 2 years then. We have to go before the FD promo kicks in to have kids back in time for school, but always end up with a decent discount.

I'm in for August 2016 I am looking at 8/20-27 or 8/27-9/3, depending on school schedules. We go every other year and I really want to upgrade to an Epcot area resort. Depending on rates, FD, etc., we will either do Beach Club, Boardwalk or Swan. We always go at the end of August. The heat and humidity are tough but I don't think it's much worse than the rest of the summer.

Will you be booking anything ahead of time or,waiting on discounts? I know past few years fd was at the end of August. If we wait on FD next year our return home would run into Labor Day weekend which Isn't the greatest. Not sure what to do and don't want to risk not getting FD so may go mid August and take the room discount.

We will be at WDW this August 8/21-8/31 and will be doing a Free Dining Bounce Back for next August.

Well the packages for,2016 came out this morning and booked for poly nextnAugust. It was high of course so hoping for some sort of,discount next year.

We went last year in June and i decided not to go this year. I am all set to start booking for Aug 2016. I can't wait!!!!

Hi Mikl99,
I know I'm getting excited too!

I wish i was as,excited for our upcoming trip to Pigeon Forge, TN this August but now have Disney on the brain instead and have 14 more months to go. Bummer

We are booked 8-9-16 to 8-14-16 then moving over to universal cabana bay for another week cant wait

We are planning on going to Disney for the last two weeks of august for 2016. I cant wait! We went in February of the this year for my sons birthday we had an amazing time.

I am in the uk and they have their free disney dining offer at the minute so want to take advantage of this as this will be our first time staying on site (have been to Disney 7 times but always stayed in a villa offsite) and im a bit stuck on where to book as we are going with the grandparents who are in their 60's space is quite important so we are looking at OKW 2bed villa which is the one the grandparents prefer as is larger, however i think the facilities look better at SSR. I am planning on booking this weekend so need to make my mind up asap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter