• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2012

Have a great time :). We are here too - checking into the poly tomorrow, then AllStarSports !!!

We are at Disney. We were supposed to stay at ASMU in 2 connecting rooms in preferred, but they were not available. ASMU preferred rooms are 1 king and 2 queen. SO THEY UPGRADED ME TO CBR IN CONNECTING PIRATE ROOMS WITH A LAKE VIEW!!! How sweet is that!!!

We are at Disney. We were supposed to stay at ASMU in 2 connecting rooms in preferred, but they were not available. ASMU preferred rooms are 1 king and 2 queen. SO THEY UPGRADED ME TO CBR IN CONNECTING PIRATE ROOMS WITH A LAKE VIEW!!! How sweet is that!!!

That is awesome!!! :cool1: Congrats on the extra pixie dust.

Enjoy your vacation.

We are 8 days out:)!!!!!! Ticker is wrong thank goodness! Still set from last year! Can't wait until we go!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

What a wonderful trip!!!!!

The Beach Club was fantastic... You cannot believe that pool!!!!! It's immense!!! We spent a couple of afternoons and one evening just enjoying the pool. They have a coupld of hot tubs, some waterfalls, a whilpool, a huge slide, and I forget what else.

It was nice that everything was all in one building, though it was a bit of a maze. We got a room right near the secret back door that put us very close to Epcot. I would have a hard time deciding between it and the Poly next time. We were literally 2 minutes from Epcot-- International Gateway put us right between the UK and France in World Showcase.

As far as dining: Hoop De Do was hysterical, but the food was mediocre. We really enjoyed it, but would probably skip next time. Cape May Clam Bake was fantastic-- definitely a Must Do for us from now on. We loved our lunch at LeCellier, but we always love that restaurant. Chef Mickeys was predictably great, as was Yak and Yetti. I keep trying to love Sci Fi, but will probably skip it next time as well.

Peter went to his Lunch with an Imagineer (that was his Christmas gift from me.) It was a dozen of them, along with the Imagineer, at the Hollywood Brown Derby. She was an electrical enginner, and she worked with a number of the interactive queques. (sp???) He really enjoyed it.

We had our YES classes on Monday. I was on Making Waves with Marine Careers with Brian and Julia. It was fantastic!! We saw a lot of the back stage stuff at The Seas with Nemo-- the 3 hours flew by!!

Crowd levels were supposedly 9ish, but we didn't wait more than 15 minutes for anything, and rode everything 4 times. (The kids did Big Thunder something like 9 times.) It's so great knowing what you're doing. Those crowds entering each day as we were leaving had a very different experience than we did.

The weather was predictable for Florida in August. We hit lots of late afternoon thunderstorms. The funniest was Monday night I think. Peter took the girls back to the resort and Brian and I stayed behind in Epcot to see Illuminiations. A minute or two into the show it started to rain. Three minutes later it was a total drenching downpour. We put on our ponchos and stayed to enjoy it, but it was a total hoot people watching. We puddle stomped our way back to the Beach Club.

Here's the rough part: One night-- Saturday maybe??-- walking in Epcot, someone cut Peter off and he tripped. His pinky was SORE, but he was able to bend it, so we pretty much ignored it. By Tuesday morning it was swollen, as was his ring finger, and his pinky was very warm to the touch. Se he went to First Aid. An hour later he was in the ER with a broken finger-- the break was under the nail, so that's why he was able to bend it. At some point between the break and the ER, it became infected. But wait, it gets better. We had been to Cape May the night before and Le Cellier for lunch that day, and he had forgotten to take his insulin. So his sugers were HIGH-- scary high. The ER doctor freaked out a little,and talked about keeping him overnight. (Yes, this was Tuesday, with us leaving Wednesday.) He was, of course, by himself in the ER since I was back at the BC with the kids. They kept him for 6 hours, trying to get his sugars low enough to give him the antibiotic for the infection so they could take care of the break. At about that time, I went up to the BC deck (in tears-- big shock I know) asking if we could have the room beyond the 10 am checkout. I COULD have figured out how to pack up his cameras, but would have probably ended up scratching something. They were so kind-- they let us have the room all day until our 4:30 Magical Express pickup.They're getting a thank you letter, with a cc to someone high up, as soon as I get home from teaching my SAT prep class today.

I just booked an impromptu trip for 8/17-8/21 at All-Star Sports. ADRs at LTT, Boma, Sci-fi, and Marrakesh. I'm hoping this will help me overcome the depression I've been stuck in lately.

In 8 days I'll be on a plane!

Alice-your husband's broken finger story is one of my worst nightmares for vacation. Hope he is now healing quickly and quietly!

this is my first post in 3 years. We haven't been to WDW since 8/09, after many years of going every year, and we leave in 4 days, staying at the YC for the first time. So glad to be going - my 16 yr. old was begging!!!

Glad to be back here.....

Anna

We have been home for 4 days now :(. I think I want to live in WDW. (I'm actually contemplating looking into getting a job there lol) I want to go back! Me and my sister had an awesome time. possibly going back in April since my aunts work conference in being held there next year. Can't wait!

Leaving in 11 days!!! Going to start packing tomorrow and get all our "stuff" together! I think I am more excited than the kids:)

Alice-your husband's broken finger story is one of my worst nightmares for vacation. Hope he is now healing quickly and quietly!

Anna

Thanks.

He was released Tuesday after 5 nights in the hospital. He's still on an IV three times a day for the next week; a visiting nurse came here Tuesday afternoon and showed him how to do it. It was a staph infection, so it's something they treat seriously.

Thanks.

He was released Tuesday after 5 nights in the hospital. He's still on an IV three times a day for the next week; a visiting nurse came here Tuesday afternoon and showed him how to do it. It was a staph infection, so it's something they treat seriously.

Ugh, that seriously stinks. I've had staph infections and it can take a while before you feel normal again. I had fatigue for weeks after my treatment was finished. I hope he feels better soon.

That totally reminded me…over 20 years ago, my dad got a staph infection from a pulled tooth. And a nurse came to the house for the whole iv thing. Best wishes to u guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter