• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2012

We are also going in August, can we join the celebration?

August 14-28 at WL CL!!

My children, 14, 4, 1 my Dmom, Dsis and hopefully Dhusband! He just started a new job and doesn't have the vacation time he had at his last until next year :(

A few firsts;
1. Did I mention CL ;)
2. Hoop De Doo Review
3. Pirates and pals fireworks cruise :cool1:

So happy to read all about everyones upcoming August plans!!!

49 days left!!!! Augsut 8-15 at POR then our 1st time for 2 nights at BC :cool1:
First day of summer and very hot & humid in the northeast today(for the 1st time this year)...went for a walk, dh asked why cause it is so icky outside..

I am training for disney.:cheer2:.. embracing the hot & humid... have been 3 other times in late July/August and I have great memories but none are of the heat--- I don't let it interfer !!!

Jill :flower3:

All 4 of our past trips to Disney have been in July/August and there is just something about being in Disney that I never notice the heat or humidity as much as I do when I am just home. The magic of Disney makes that all heat discomfort disappear. :laughing: Feeling the same guilt all the other August Disney trippers are feeling for wishing the summer away...just can't wait for our trip. :love: So excited to be trying BLT this time. Still close enough to the Poly for a visit but it's nice to try something new. :banana:

Hello everyone,
I posted back on page 2 when I had just bought my train tickets. I wasnt sure where I was staying or anything, the train tickets were my 1st step. Now I have my resorts, park tickets, photopass+ CD and all PAID FOR IN ADVANCE:cool1:. I made my ADR's as well.
CBR, PORFQ, POP & then off site to Celebration Suites.
5 day water park & more tickets
ADRs are Play 'n Dine (hollywood &vine), Kona Cafe, Sci-Fi & Crystal Palace. We plan of visiting T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe as well, no ADR's.

I HAVE 42 DAYS AS OF TODAY!!
I just cant believe it.:dance3::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

God its been a while since I've been on here!! But we have 47 more days!! Till we do our "triple play stay"! Staying at not 1 resort but 3!! Our girls know we're going in August and staying at our home resort of SSR. What they dont know is we're surprising them with staying at their favorite places to stay(but never have)...First couple days staying at AKLV with Savanna view in Kidnani, cause our youngest (8) wants to see animals outside her balcony (yes those are her words , LOL) The next couple of days staying at BLT because our oldest( 11) just thinks its the coolest place and that the monorail being so close and that MK is right there!! Which I am so excited cause we were able to get a MK view!! And the next 6 days, SSR our place!! Put in a request for our favorite spot Congress Park, !! So hopefully it will still be a surprise right up until our feet are checking in at the resort lobby!! But the wait , dear lord is killing me!!

I hate wishing the summer away but can it just move it along , LOL:dance3:

All 4 of our past trips to Disney have been in July/August and there is just something about being in Disney that I never notice the heat or humidity as much as I do when I am just home. The magic of Disney makes that all heat discomfort disappear. :laughing: Feeling the same guilt all the other August Disney trippers are feeling for wishing the summer away...just can't wait for our trip. :love: So excited to be trying BLT this time. Still close enough to the Poly for a visit but it's nice to try something new. :banana:

God is'nt it so true about the heat?? I mean yes its hot and humid, but We're in Disney , I'm a very happy girl!! And If one more person says "uh your going to Disney in August?" Yes I am and have been for the past 16yrs, we're use to it!!! It really can't get here soon enough!!!! Yup wishing june away so I can say I'm leaving next month!!! Athough I'd take August anyday!!

Just posting to see my ticker! :cool1:

Things have been insanely busy since school let out - camps, sports conditioning, weekend trips, grad parties, just nuts!! Haven't had much time for trip planning, but hoping July is calmer. Can't wait to get to Orlando :banana:

I would love to join!!!

We are heading down August 25 to September 3. It is our longest stay yet!!!!! We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Can't wait!!!!

We are showing up on Aug 31, so just barely in time to make this group. But like several others we are going to POFQ and also bringing my sister along with us to celebrate this time. Most of you will be there before us, but that's okay. :thumbsup2

You guys can just get warmed up for us. Great hot and humid weather, just like here in Houston.

Less than two months til our loooooooong drive. :cool1: Still trying to decide whether to stick to I-75 or detour through the Carolinas for the scenery.

Will be at the AS Music Aug 26-31 celebrating out 25th wedding anniversary with our youngest son (9) and our granddaughter (3). :)

--Tim

Anyone arriving 1st or 2nd wk of aug get their welcome packet yet? I'm practically sitting by my mailbox waiting lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter