• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2012

Trip paid off as of today. Leave Pa august 3rd, Check in to All Star Music August 5th.

Hey, we're driving down from Western PA (south of Pgh) that weekend too! We like to do it in one day, so we'll leave Sat morning (the 4th) around 3:30am and get to Orlando around 7pm that night. We'll be heading to Universal first, but will be with Mickey from 8/6-8/11. So excited I can't wait!! :banana:

I'm thinking of writing something on the van windows - saw this on someone's trip report - like "Honk if you love WDW" - so if you see us, honk ;)

Trip paid off as of today. Leave Pa august 3rd, Check in to All Star Music August 5th.

We flew down the week of Halloween. However, we are taking MANY MORE people this time (family wise) so we are driving down from Pennsylvania. We will leave on August 24th around dinner time to get there on the 25th at a decent time. Safe travels to you!

August 20-25, Wilderness Lodge. Surprise trip for the kiddos before school starts. What finalized the deal for us was Southwest's 72 hour fare sale last week. $99/one way! With points, I managed 4 roundtrip tickets from Houston to Orlando for $450. :banana:

August 20-25, Wilderness Lodge. Surprise trip for the kiddos before school starts. What finalized the deal for us was Southwest's 72 hour fare sale last week. $99/one way! With points, I managed 4 roundtrip tickets from Houston to Orlando for $450. :banana:

Same for us, only for us it was $49 each way from B'ham, so with points (between my acct and my husbands acct) we got 4 round trip tickets for free!!! Going 8/13-8/20. Were doing a split stay between AKL and OKW villas.

We check in at AsMu on Aug 6! No free dining for us:sad1:, but I did get the 15 % discount and a $100 visa gift card from AAA!:) We are taking the autotrain so our trip begins on Aug 5!

Dh, Me, Ds11, Dd9, Ds6 and Ds3

We will be staying off site 8/11 thru 8/18. We are using cc points to get a free hotel room - hoping this works as we can't book it until Saturday!

This is our first time going in the summer. I'm hoping we survive the Florida heat and humidity :faint:

Another first is driving there with the kids (19, 15 & 13). DH and I have driven down a couple times pre-kids but have flown down since the kids came along. Driving will save us over $2,000 so well worth it!

We check in at AsMu on Aug 6! No free dining for us:sad1:, but I did get the 15 % discount and a $100 visa gift card from AAA!:) We are taking the autotrain so our trip begins on Aug 5!

Dh, Me, Ds11, Dd9, Ds6 and Ds3

Hello! We are also in NJ and having a hard time finding some flights. Have you ever taking the autotrain before? Is it out of Newark? Was it expensive? lol. I have a million questions. At this point I am looking at all options. Thank you.

Hello! We are also in NJ and having a hard time finding some flights. Have you ever taking the autotrain before? Is it out of Newark? Was it expensive? lol. I have a million questions. At this point I am looking at all options. Thank you.
First time taking the autotrain. It is out of Lorton, Virginia which is right outside of DC and goes to Sanford, Florida which is 20 or so minutes from Disney. It was a little pricey, but cheaper than flying and if you have to rent a car it may be cheaper than driving. For the six of us it cost us 1,146 for coach seats. Included with tickets are dinner, breakfast and snacks. There is a threat all about the autotrain with lots of info. Also I believe there is a regular amtrak train that is out of Newark that goes to Orlando.

August 22-28 for us!

Booked a bounceback offer when we were there last August for our beloved Beach Club with dining!!

Booked the earliest flight out on JetBlue, 6:30 am (arrive in Orlando at 9:15) and the latest one home to Boston, 8:55 (arrive in Boston at midnight) so we can maximize every second there. Nothing worse then arriving and leaving and only getting a half day on each end. Should be at the BC by 10:30 and ME picks us up to leave at 5:30 so pretty full days!

I feel terrible wishing the summer away but I just can't help myself!!

J

August 22-28 for us!

Booked a bounceback offer when we were there last August for our beloved Beach Club with dining!!

Booked the earliest flight out on JetBlue, 6:30 am (arrive in Orlando at 9:15) and the latest one home to Boston, 8:55 (arrive in Boston at midnight) so we can maximize every second there. Nothing worse then arriving and leaving and only getting a half day on each end. Should be at the BC by 10:30 and ME picks us up to leave at 5:30 so pretty full days!

I feel terrible wishing the summer away but I just can't help myself!!

J

We checking into the BC on the same day. Also have the first Jetblue flight at 630am but we're out of NJ. I feel the same way about wishing the summer away...it's so hard not to!

49 days left!!!! Augsut 8-15 at POR then our 1st time for 2 nights at BC :cool1:
First day of summer and very hot & humid in the northeast today(for the 1st time this year)...went for a walk, dh asked why cause it is so icky outside..

I am training for disney.:cheer2:.. embracing the hot & humid... have been 3 other times in late July/August and I have great memories but none are of the heat--- I don't let it interfer !!!

Jill :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter