****August, 2012!!!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikki- Count me in on the mickey head!

I have met several disers on my last 2 trips. I met the most when I was wearing a Dis shirt.

Sorry guys, Home Depot no longer carries those paint chips.

Thanks for the info. I would have made a trip there to look for them.

Alright how's this? Too many stars?

Screenshot2012-07-07at104205AM.png

Woops! Just realized team is not all in caps and August is. Do you think I should put it all in caps like AUGUST or just capital T for Team and A for August?
EDIT: I made August lower case and it looks better.

Love it!!!

Grrr! I made it smaller (saving the original!) and I think I made it too small. DH says he likes the big one. I'll make a medium sized one and see what happens!! Then once it's done, everyone who wants one can just let me know and I'll fill in your name!

Count me in

I am so excited...just ordered these for our August trip:) I got pink/blue for me.
mickeytiedye.jpg

Those are so cute

Duh!! I spent all that time trying to resize each image in the graphic BUT I just realized when you go to print, you can go to print setting and change the percentage. I printed at 75% and it's the PERFECT size. AND it saved that way too so it will be all set for you to print it at the same size. (Hopefully!)

Sooooo, this is the final product. If you would like one, just tell me your first name and I will put in your screen name.

Trying to decide if it's better to email everyone the actual document or just save it as an image and pm that to you. Then you can make it whatever size you want. Hmm......

(Can you tell I'm an anal control freak?)

Screenshot2012-07-07at114448AM.png

Awesome!!!

I will be riding in a scooter due to a nursing back injury that prevents me from walking long distances. Three years ago, I lifted a patient from the ground that had fallen and managed to herniate 4 discs in my back. My neurosurgeon said that the bones in my spine were very weak from the rigors of practicing nursing for over 25 years hence the severe injury from something as simple as lifting someone. I have been debating about the surgery to attempt to correct this for the past 2 years but the risks involved with the surgery scare me to death. One of the discs are located in my neck, very close to the brain stem and none of the three surgeons I have consulted can guarantee that it will work. I walk with a rather significant limp and as I said, can't manage anything more than a short walk at any given time. Thankfully, my nursing career at this point has navigated to management so walking is not a big part of my day. Had I been unable to secure my current position I would have been forced to leave nursing completely. Last year I attempted to walk the first 2 days of our trip. I refused to allow my injury to prevent us from visiting our favorite place on earth! By the morning of the 3rd day I was completely crippled. We lost the 3rd day of our trip because I was bedridden. My doctor wasn't happy that I even attempted it when I called him so he could phone in pain medication to the pharmacy and he made me promise to find an alternate means of getting around or go home. Needless to say I ended up renting a scooter and it was my savior (and my DD's because she would have been extremely disappointed had we had to leave) for the rest of our time there. I realize now that it's either the scooter or we just can't go..... so the scooter it is! (as much as I hate having to use it :mad:)

If anyone sees us around please say hello!

Definitely take it easy. That sounds very painful. My dad used a scooter when my parents came with us 4 years ago. He said with his bad knees he would have never been able to do everything.

Ha! I just realized the colors on the badge are the EXACT same colors on my new park bag!! Hope other Team Augusters will be able to spot it! I'm posting a picture just in case. I think I"m going to attach it right on the front like this. I'm also going to have one dangling from the zipper of my camera bag that DH will most likely be carrying.

Look for this!!! (That is how I met so many DISers on my honeymoon. We used to carry an orange sling bag and I posted a pic of it. Everyone who we ran into recognized me from that orange bag! :lmao:)

photo-2.jpg

Love the bag

Count me in

Love the bag

Thanks!! I had been using a hipster the past few trips but it's really just too big and the mini-hipster is too small. This is a perfect size! Not in love with the pattern but it was on sale!

PMed you!! :)

We will be at POR in a Royal Guest Room. How about you?

We will be at the Poly for 3 nights then heading over to BLT for 9 nights. How awesome that you are staying in a Royal Guest room....I was thinking about staying there instead of the Poly, but I got some really weird looks coming from my DH when I suggested it. So I am thinking maybe on our next trip we will try it out :goodvibes Have a wonderful trip :cool1:.

I think I'm too nervous to mess with it too... Sigh...guess I'll just have to spend the day swimming, shopping and drinking wine from a box...it's a hard knock life...:)

Wow, I spent the afternoon at the dentist (ugh!) and only have an hour to catch up before some girlfriends pick me up to go see Magic Mike (to make up for an afternoon at the dentists!).

haha! Maybe I will see you at the pool! I'll bring a cocktail too! (After all that driving, we will deserve it!)

Have fun tonight! :)

Silly me, I only listed the people ARRIVING in the last week of August. I should have included those who would still be there too! So sorry! So here is everyone who will be at POR at ANY time during the last week of August.....

Nurse Mommy4 - Aug 17-31 - POR

jmskinner - Aug 18-25 - POR/POP (not sure if you will be at POR or POP at that point)

Gorechick - Aug 18-25 - POR

junebug18 - Aug 18-25 - POR

Stan Solo - Aug 27-Sept 1 - POR

Hockeyfan17 - Aug 21-28 - POR

pinkle - Aug 21-28 - POR

disneymom1229 - Aug 22-30 - POR

bdladie - Aug 24-Sept 3 - POR

beachmama3 - Aug 25-Sept 1 - POR

crostorfer - Aug 25-Sept 1 - POR

gemini2727 - Aug 25-Sept 2 - POR

Rayvnn - Aug 26-31 - POR

tmerz - Aug 26-Sept 3 - POR

netnurse31 - Aug 28-Sept 6 - POR (actually leaving on the 4th not the 6th. DD starts her senior year in HS or we would have been leaving later )

rafiki14 - Aug 30-Sept 4 - POR

If I include everyone that's going to be at POFQ we will have well over 20 DIS families/groups in the same general area at some point during the last week of August!

Again, if I missed anyone I apologize. Let us know if you will be there too!

Yay! We have such a big group there!!! Can't wait!

Nicki, LOVE the bag. That is actually one of my favorite patterns! I think I need a Mickey head! I was only skimming the thread though, so let me know what info you need! :) Thanks!

How about something like this?? This is a VERY rough draft but it's a start.....

What do you think? I would make one for anyone who wants.

Screenshot2012-07-07at95303AM.png

I love it. My DH will be carrying our backpack in the parks but if I put it on there, I don't think he would have a problem with it. I have designed some t-shirts for our family and will order them next week. when they get in, I will take pics and post them here.

I am so jealous of all the people staying at POFQ getting that list and those team August tags together!!! We will be there at the same time but wrong resort :( that's a great idea though!

netnurse31 said:
I actually had my doctor write a note to my kids, kind of like a note to excuse a child from school....

"To the children of Kimberly G****, please excuse your mother from having to use a motorized scooter when you visit Disney World. She was banned from taking the trip unless she swore she would use one. It could be worse, you could be pushing her in a wheelchair the entire time you are there"

LOL, it was actually very funny, they laughed when they read it. He was a very good sport for writing it and still is for having to deal with me, a nurse, as a patient. We are the WORST patients!

I love that note!! :)

beachmama3 said:
haha! Maybe I will see you at the pool! I'll bring a cocktail too! (After all that driving, we will deserve it!)

Have fun tonight! :)

It's a deal! And thanks! I had a fab time drinking pints of Irish ale on a patio after the movie with my girlfriends... Making me think I should have made ADR's for Raglan Road (yep, everything does cone back to Disney!)

If anyone has Netflix they have several Disney Parks 'documentaries' on there. DH and I just watched all but the one that focused on just Disneyland. My favorite is the Behind the Scenes one. Enjoy!!:happytv:

If anyone has Netflix they have several Disney Parks 'documentaries' on there. DH and I just watched all but the one that focused on just Disneyland. My favorite is the Behind the Scenes one. Enjoy!!:happytv:

I have seen them! And forced my children to watch them several times! haha! ;)

They are awesome though- some cool info!

Thanks for the heads up....we are going to DLR for the first time next summer so once you mentioned this, I immediately went over to Netflix and put the Disneyland one in our queue :goodvibes (we have seen the others numerous of times). I can't wait to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter