• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****August, 2012!!!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our last trip was a surprise trip so we are enjoying planning/sharing WITH the kids this time. No 'surprises' that I can think of.

I haven't seen a QUSTION OF THE DAY yet. If I may be so bold, What suprises are you planning for your upcoming trip?

My kids don't even know we are going. They only know about our September 2013 trip. A friend is going to make shirts and maybe a dvd for us to use to surprise them.

I haven't seen a QUSTION OF THE DAY yet. If I may be so bold, What suprises are you planning for your upcoming trip?

I am planning on ordering a couple of matching t-shirts for our family. And we will be celebrating my daughters 10th birthday while we are there so I have ordered a cake for when we, my mom and dad, and my sister, brother-in-law and niece all have dinner at Maya Grill. Can't wait, it will be exciting.

Let's see what other ideas you all have planned as suprises for your families :thumbsup2
I have pirates league booked for out last day as a surprise. I'll make tshirts for them also

Can I share what we made yesterday?

252657_10150869233906650_1606534627_n.jpg

This is awesome. I was also thinking of doing watching T shirts for my family. I know how to do the tie dye ones, but this is a dumb question. Is it the same process but you only used the color green?

Thanks!

The Wishes Dessert party is the first surprise I had planned. I really want to do the t-shirt thing, but my kids are being very uncooperative.

Can I share what we made yesterday?

252657_10150869233906650_1606534627_n.jpg

This is awesome. I was also thinking of doing watching T shirts for my family. I know how to do the tie dye ones, but this is a dumb question. Is it the same process but you only used the color green?

Thanks!

Oh, no...it is sooo much easier than that! Bought green shirts. Cut out a Mickey from a plastic sheet protector. Used it as a stencil, laying it on the shirts and sprayed around it with bleach (mixed about 50/50 with water). I did it outside on the lawn in the sun and had a bucket of clean water to rinse them in after a minute or so when I was happy with the fading. It was QUICK and EASY!

Well, I did it! I snagged the Riverside rooms I was hoping for!:thumbsup
We are at less than 2 months now!!

So we have switched our hotel from POP to All Star Music. My bucket list is to try every hotel on Disney property and I've decided to start now since we've already been to POP, oh and the $300 savings helped convince me as well :lmao: So we paid off our trip last week and I FINALLY feel like I can get excited about it. We have our airfare and the trip is fully paid for so now we get to just count down the days. :banana::banana::banana:

40 days to go!!! (I'll be happy when I am single digits, anything more than that seems toooooo long)

I have a question today if thats ok-
Do you have any special requests for your room location at the resort? Why is that your preference? Do you decorate your room or windows or order any special delivery to the room?

I have been researching which room- we have a pool view at AKL. I would like a zebra trail I think. I want 1st floor so we have acess to balcony to drop things off or leave things while we swim but DH wants higher up. I just learned about room decorating. This I wont do but the windows is a cute idea. Not sure if there is any restrictions at AKL or if there are wondows facing out to hallway.

Do you have any special requests for your room location at the resort? Why is that your preference? Do you decorate your room or windows or order any special delivery to the room?

Whenever I book a room for us, I do like to make room requests so we can be closer to some of the activities and such. When we are staying at the Poly part of of our stay, we are staying in a Garden View room so I had requested the Somoa Longhouse which on one side has a view of the quiet pool and the other side has the view of the Volcano Pool. For the BLT part of our stay, we are staying in a Lake View Studio so I requested highest floor possible facing the North side (want to face CR and possibly Epcot). I know a request is just a request, so of course there are no guarantees.

As for decorating and such, no we don't do any of that. The only thing my DH did one year was surprise my girls and I with something from the Disney Florist. He got the girls each a basket with one of those light up tiaras, princess autograph book, and pen. Then he ordered me (we were celebrating our 10th anniversary then) a basket with a crystal tiara that was placed on a pillow with little crystal Mickey's on it, a bottle Disney Champagne with flutes (they have little Mickey heads on the glasses), a crystal Cinderella Slipper, and a sterling Silver bracelet. He really went all out for us girls :goodvibes

POR is our favorite, and I usually like to request a corner room just to get the double window. Also learned, we don't care for the Alligator Bayou section after our last trip, so will request the mansions next time we stay there.

Usually I don't request locations, just happy to be there and always love to walk the resorts. Except for AKV, didn't enjoy that long hallway to my room there.

I always make requests as the worst that can be said is NO, right? If the resort doesn't have an elevator, which CBR does not, I have to ask for a ground floor room as I have arthritis in my right knee which makes stairs uncomfortable. I look at the resort map and figure out the closest room to the food court without paying for preferred. For example, I am asking for the Jamaica section or Aruba section this year. Yes, I do decorate my windows. I have some Little Mermaid and Dalmations vinyl clings that I stick up. I just like to do that and I can hear the children walking my room commenting on them.

So we have switched our hotel from POP to All Star Music. My bucket list is to try every hotel on Disney property and I've decided to start now since we've already been to POP, oh and the $300 savings helped convince me as well :lmao: So we paid off our trip last week and I FINALLY feel like I can get excited about it. We have our airfare and the trip is fully paid for so now we get to just count down the days. :banana::banana::banana:

40 days to go!!! (I'll be happy when I am single digits, anything more than that seems toooooo long)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: YAY!!!!!!!:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I always make requests as the worst that can be said is NO, right? If the resort doesn't have an elevator, which CBR does not, I have to ask for a ground floor room as I have arthritis in my right knee which makes stairs uncomfortable. I look at the resort map and figure out the closest room to the food court without paying for preferred. For example, I am asking for the Jamaica section or Aruba section this year. Yes, I do decorate my windows. I have some Little Mermaid and Dalmations vinyl clings that I stick up. I just like to do that and I can hear the children walking my room commenting on them.

You reminded me of the great tip I got on Dis- I req ground floor at CBR also, because if kids fell asleep on buses and we had stroller we didnt need to walk upstairs. Sure enough, we rolled kids right into room sleep(or while they napped and we strolled the grounds) and saw others carrying bags, strollers and sleeping kids up steps. I was so glad they accommodated us.
I think kids will enjoy decorating windows. Do you have any pics??

[FONT="Arial] Yes, I do decorate my windows. I have some Little Mermaid and Dalmations vinyl clings that I stick up. I just like to do that and I can hear the children walking my room commenting on them. [/FONT]

I decorated our door when my mom and I went on the Dream last year and I loved hearing the kids commenting on all of our magnets whenever they walked by. "Look at that one!" It's so cute. :)

QOTD: Do you make special room requests or decorate your room windows?

When we stayed at Pop, we requested Preferred rooms so not to have to walk too far with an autistic son and younger daughter after long days in the park. Also 2 of us have asthma as well.

When we stayed at the Contemporary, I wanted tower facing the lake.

This time since we are staying at AoA, I requested finding nemo. Both my kids like Nemo and since it's right by the main building and pool, it works well for us. I am also asking for the same room for both parts of our stay (in order to get the free dining, we have to check in on 8/23 and check out on 8/25 just to check back in on 8/25 again. We don't want to pack up and move just to go to another suite but to get free dining gotta do what we gotta do :lmao:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter