• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****August, 2012!!!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is going in for surgery on the 23rd so we will be having an early Thanksgiving next weekend. Chemo will start on Dec 1st.

I'm glad we finally have dates, but it's now "real". All positive energy and thoughts and prayers appreciated.

Please add us to the list too! ;)

This will be our 1st DW trip and I'm soooooo excited!

We will be staying at POFQ from Aug 19-24, 2012.

My hope is to keep it a secret from our daughters until the day before, but I'm afraid I'll be too excited and have to tell them early! :rotfl:

Hi! I am thrilled to add our family to the August 2012 list. We are myself, Mom, and ultimate disney planner, dh, ds age 16 at time of trip and ds age 9 almost 10 at time of trip. I am terrified of the heat and humidity. I was there for a business trip in 2007 in October and it almost killed me. My theory is that I was only there for 3 days that time, flew in on a red eye and never adjusted to the climate. This time we are booked Aug 14th to Sept. 1st We will spend some days in the park, some days at the resort and some at the water parks. Our last 4 days are a cruise out of Miami. So we will take our time, adjust to the climate, arrive early, stay late and take long breaks. Right now I have a reservation at POP for the entire stay, but I have put in for an RCI exchange into any DVC property. We will see what we end up with. We plan on participating in the YES program and getting our tickets that way, so with that in mind, and the possible exchange, the dining plan does not make any sense to us. But I love the idea of it, so I guess I will see how things pan out. Happy planning everyone!

So happy to find this board! I just booked our August trip. It is a Christmas surprise for my 2 daughters, 10 and 8 and my dad. Dh and I had to skip a Disney trip this summer due to some family medical issues but are in desperate NEED of some Disney Magic. We have gone to Disney every summer since 2006 and dont mind the FL heat and humidity, call us crazy but if Im going to be in CT suffering thru the 90 degree heat and humidity in August anyway why not be in Disney and have that Disney magic to distract me.
We are trying Bay Lake Tower this time around, a one bedroom villa will be perfect for the 5 of us...and you just cant beat the ease of the monorail or that quick walk to the MK. And we are treating ourselves to a MK view so the view of the Fireworks every night is priceless! Can't wait!

I'm so excited !!! Going August 5th thru 13th :cool1: Taking three tween grandchildren again :dance3: Their so much fun. Looking forward to Staying at the poly for the first time.:woohoo:

She is going in for surgery on the 23rd so we will be having an early Thanksgiving next weekend. Chemo will start on Dec 1st.

I'm glad we finally have dates, but it's now "real". All positive energy and thoughts and prayers appreciated.

I will be praying for her over the next week as her surgery date draws near.

Please add us to the list too! ;)

This will be our 1st DW trip and I'm soooooo excited!

We will be staying at POFQ from Aug 19-24, 2012.

My hope is to keep it a secret from our daughters until the day before, but I'm afraid I'll be too excited and have to tell them early! :rotfl:

YAY! This will be my family's first trip too and I'm over the moon excited however I wasn't able to keep it from my kids! Hopefully you will do a better job than I did. ;)

Hi! I am thrilled to add our family to the August 2012 list. We are myself, Mom, and ultimate disney planner, dh, ds age 16 at time of trip and ds age 9 almost 10 at time of trip. I am terrified of the heat and humidity. I was there for a business trip in 2007 in October and it almost killed me. My theory is that I was only there for 3 days that time, flew in on a red eye and never adjusted to the climate. This time we are booked Aug 14th to Sept. 1st We will spend some days in the park, some days at the resort and some at the water parks. Our last 4 days are a cruise out of Miami. So we will take our time, adjust to the climate, arrive early, stay late and take long breaks. Right now I have a reservation at POP for the entire stay, but I have put in for an RCI exchange into any DVC property. We will see what we end up with. We plan on participating in the YES program and getting our tickets that way, so with that in mind, and the possible exchange, the dining plan does not make any sense to us. But I love the idea of it, so I guess I will see how things pan out. Happy planning everyone!

We are also planning on participating in the YES Program. I just know my kids will LOVE the classes that are offered. Fingers crossed that you get the exchange and get to stay DVC.

So happy to find this board! I just booked our August trip. It is a Christmas surprise for my 2 daughters, 10 and 8 and my dad. Dh and I had to skip a Disney trip this summer due to some family medical issues but are in desperate NEED of some Disney Magic. We have gone to Disney every summer since 2006 and dont mind the FL heat and humidity, call us crazy but if Im going to be in CT suffering thru the 90 degree heat and humidity in August anyway why not be in Disney and have that Disney magic to distract me.
We are trying Bay Lake Tower this time around, a one bedroom villa will be perfect for the 5 of us...and you just cant beat the ease of the monorail or that quick walk to the MK. And we are treating ourselves to a MK view so the view of the Fireworks every night is priceless! Can't wait!

Oh my goodness that's going to be one wonderful Christmas morning for your girls!

I will be praying for her over the next week as her surgery date draws near.

Thank you so much. :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with her. I know she is trying to stay strong for her kids and us, but she is very distraught and I wish I knew what I could say or do.

Staying faithful and optimistic.

Natalie, I hope your sister's surgery went well. :grouphug:

(list updated)

She is very sore. They also placed a sort of catheter under her skin for when chemo starts so that's painful. It's only been about 48 hours so we are hoping the pain will subside soon. Chemo begins next Thursday and she will have 8 sessions over a 16 week period.

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating an early Thanksgiving. It was good being able to see her face to face and talk and not just over phone/text.

Thank you for thinking of me and my family. :goodvibes

After much deliberation (haha :rotfl:) we have decided to switch our resort to PORFQ :) we're so excited! it was only an extra hundred dollars, we couldn't pass that up!

My sister had her first round of chemo yesterday. She is feeling as good as she can today. 7 more rounds to go... Unfortunately the lymphnodes removed during last weeks surgery were all cancerous so she will also have to have 6 rounds of radiation after chemo ends. She is keeping her spirits up, but it's still difficult. She is insisting we will be able to still make this trip next year and if that helps to keep her positive, then I will continue planning. I have found a few blogs of women with breast cancer who have gone to Disney during/after chemo so I am hopeful. We would be going 4 months after last treatment, so it's possible she will feel up to it. We shall see...

How's everyone's plans coming along?

Yay I just found this thread!

Can you add me? we are going 8/18-8/25 and staying at POFQ.

I CAN NOT WAIT! We haven't been since 2009 so we are all very excited! This will be my newest son's 1st visit :love:

me from the list. After discussing my sister's pending chemo and radiation, we decided it would be a better idea to push back the trip to 2013.

I hope you all have a fabulous trip!

I haven't visited here for a while. Now Christmas is over I feel I can really get stuck into my planning.
I'm sorry to hear about your sister Mom2clr.

We are now waffling between August to October. My Mom and I really like the idea of the food and wine festival and my kids really want to do the Halloween party.

Wow - I cannot believe I just found this thread! We are going Aug 17 - 24 and staying at the Yacht Club - in the turret suite, no less! So excited. I booked this because I NEVER know how many of my kids are coming. They are terrible at making plans and I am obsessed with making plans. So this way, the suite holds 8 - we can make last minute additions. We are taking my 10 year old niece as well, who has never been, so that will be fun to see it through her eyes!
The only thing I worry about is the heat and humidity. We have been before in August and it can get unbearable. Folks have mentioned Free Dining. Is that out yet and does it severely add to the crowd levels? I heard second half of August is not as crowded.
My only other wish is that MSEP would go away for good and Spectromagic would make a comeback - any opinions on this??

August 1-15 here! We are still not sure where we are staying, as we are waiting for the AP Rates :(

However, so excited as planning has officially begun & it will be keeping me super busy during the long, bitter, winter :banana::banana:

Does anyone know about when park hours will be released for august? My family and I want to start planning our meals so that they're ready to reserve when ADRS are made available :)

Count us in too:banana: this will be our first summer/peak season trip so im a little anxious about the crowds. Going in late September/early October has spoiled us but its Disney so bring on the fun:banana::dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter