• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2012 PTR - It's finally here!! (Updated 8/14/12)!

15 DAYS!!

As I mentioned yesterday, I was getting the itch to plan some more.... so I did! I ended up switching out Biergarten for Marrakesh. I just couldn't stand the thought of going there and not having the potato soup! This way, we'll try something new! I also moved my Kona reservation up to 7:45 pm so we can have dinner if we want to. We'll play it by ear that night. It may be that we end up still going just for dessert and then hang out and shop/walk around at the Poly until it's Wishes time! :goodvibes

I also did a spur of the moment shopping trip! I had a 25% off coupon for everything at Old Navy so got several tank tops, a couple dresses, and a couple skirts. I know we have the shirts that I made but am I really going to want to put on those sweaty, dirty shirts after taking a break and napping/showering at the hotel??? So it was a good excuse and I really needed clothes (I never buy them for myself!)

I started playing around on Lines tonight... Anyone know if you can put a bunch of touring plans in before the trip or if it should be done as one a day? I put in DS since that's our first date and it was optimizing it based on today. I couldn't see where I could set it up for a future date. Hmmm...

I think I'll finish up our daily plans while I have a spare moment!

DAY 9-

We're going to head out to Magic Kingdom for EMH on this morning and get in any of the big rides we missed on our first day. We'll just bum around mostly, soaking it in and riding whatever's convenient and then take a nice long break back at the hotel. We'll probably head back earlier than normal for a swim as the whole family and then a nap for at least the two of us. I think this might be the best night to try out Pepper Market at CSR. I really have heard good things about it but don't want to pay the buffet prices. Since dinner is still ala carte, we'll check it out during the later hours! After dinner, we'll head back to MK to soak it in for our last time (maybe!) this trip and to see the Electrical Parade. We LOVE this!! I saved it until our original last full day on purpose because it's our favorite... I thought about switching MK to our new last full day, but then we'd miss out on the EMHs. I love the morning EMH because it's so quiet in the parks and you get so much done!

DAY 10

Our original plan for this day was to check out and head over to Chef Mickey, and then bum around somewhere until it was time for ME. I told Ashton that I cancelled CM to have more time in the parks, but he still thinks we're leaving on this day! At least I can keep one secret! (so far! :lmao:)

So now, we're going to get up and have everything packed to leave. I know Ashton will be complaining and saying he isn't ready to get home... I think we might let him continue thinking that we're leaving. I can distract him while Chris takes care of getting our bags to bell services. Ashton gets to choose what we do on this day, so we'll head over to whatever park he decides on. I'm not sure from there... should we surprise him at some point and say, "Guess What?? We're not going home until tomorrow!" Or <insert evil laugh> should we pretend like we lost track of time and now we're going to miss our ME/plane?? That would be so fun, but he takes things seriously, so I don't know. We'll have to see that day, I think!

So I'm hoping our room will be ready at ASMu by naptime. It should be since we're not making a room request. Then Aidan and I can head back and the boys can do whatever they want. We really don't have any plans for the rest of the day.

Day 11

Our last day. :sad:

Even as I type this, I realize how lucky we are to go for such a long trip! I've never been on a vacation this long, let alone Disney!! So we'll get up this morning and check out for real. We'll have our carry-ons held for us and send the rest of the luggage on its way. Then it's on to 'Ohana for breakfast! I really am dying to go to 'Ohana. Next time, we're going to do dinner here!! After this, I'm not really sure what we're going to do. We didn't buy an extra day for the parks so we can either bum around some resorts or head to DTD. I really enjoy DTD, so if we haven't done it at this point, I think it's a must. Another option would be to go back and swim... but only if ASMu has changing facilities with showers. Not too sure if they do...

Our flight takes off just after 4 pm so I figure we'll catch ME around 1 pm. That gives us about 3 hours after breakfast to get our final Disney fix.

And then it's home sweet home to our furry babies who will go NUTS to see us! At least we have that when we return!

15 DAYS!!

As I mentioned yesterday, I was getting the itch to plan some more.... so I did! I ended up switching out Biergarten for Marrakesh. I just couldn't stand the thought of going there and not having the potato soup! This way, we'll try something new! I also moved my Kona reservation up to 7:45 pm so we can have dinner if we want to. We'll play it by ear that night. It may be that we end up still going just for dessert and then hang out and shop/walk around at the Poly until it's Wishes time! :goodvibes

I seriously feel the same way, I added a lunch ADR just to satisfy that urge! Although you won't be at Biergarten the same day as me anymore, ;), you will LOVE Marrakesh! We LOVED it, the atmosphere, the food, everything was so good! The shish kebabs were awesome! Good choice!

Day 11

Our last day. :sad:

Even as I type this, I realize how lucky we are to go for such a long trip! I've never been on a vacation this long, let alone Disney!! So we'll get up this morning and check out for real. We'll have our carry-ons held for us and send the rest of the luggage on its way. Then it's on to 'Ohana for breakfast! I really am dying to go to 'Ohana. Next time, we're going to do dinner here!! After this, I'm not really sure what we're going to do. We didn't buy an extra day for the parks so we can either bum around some resorts or head to DTD. I really enjoy DTD, so if we haven't done it at this point, I think it's a must. Another option would be to go back and swim... but only if ASMu has changing facilities with showers. Not too sure if they do...

Our flight takes off just after 4 pm so I figure we'll catch ME around 1 pm. That gives us about 3 hours after breakfast to get our final Disney fix.

And then it's home sweet home to our furry babies who will go NUTS to see us! At least we have that when we return!

You really are so lucky to be going for so long, I'm jealous! Anyway, I don't remember if ASMu has changing facilities, but I am leaning toward no. I can't remember seeing them. Sorry, I'm not much help in that matter! Can't wait to see your review of 'OHANA, I've never been and am excited to know how it is!

I've hit that point where everything I think about is Disney!! All I want to do it prepare for the trip... time just isn't going quick enough!!

Ashton and I started watching a Disney movie a night a few nights ago. So far, we've watched the Love Bug, Mulan, Monsters Inc, and tonight we're watching Tron. He's building up to his favorites he says!! He's so lucky because on Saturday, his grammy (my MIL) is picking him up and taking him to Tennessee for a week to visit her mom. He'll be totally occupied for the week while we sit here going stir crazy!! At least it'll give me time to make our secret last day shirts!:scratchin

I got the bag I ordered tonight! It is so freaking cute! It's smaller than I thought it would be (which is great!) and has so many compartments for everything. The front has a spot for my sunglasses, there's lined spots for my camera and my phone... it's perfect! Can't wait to try it out!!

I also got some of the luggage from my family. I have 3 huge suitcases just waiting for me to fill them up and a couple smaller ones. Anyone know how it works with the suitcases that have the fronts that can pop out farther? Is the size taken based on the hard part or how far out it sticks out? If I measure the biggest bag and have the side that pops out flat, it'll be allowed to check it at Southwest. If it sticks at all, it's just barely oversized. I would rather use a couple smaller bags if needed than have to pay to check a bigger one!

13 days left! And 3 days until online check-in!! :rotfl2:

12 Days Left. Tonight's Disney movie is Flight of the Navigator. We may end up watching (or at least starting) another one since it's about to end! Tomorrow, Ashton is heading off to his Grammy's, so we need to soak in the Disney movies while we can!

I'm starting to get really stir crazy. I still have a list of things to do: print and laminate stroller tags, make our last day shirts, mousekeeping envelopes, my lime green Mickey head, penny containers and of course packing! But I'm afraid if I really start it all, I'll end up with nothing to do next week!!

Based on a comment cbeeindisney made in her PTR, Ashton and I checked out some pictures of Sci-Fi Dine-In tonight. He LOVED it!! He was seriously begging me to go there and said he'd rather go there than any of the other ADRs. I checked the only day we can go, 8/18 (our other DS day is arrival day and we have our Fantasmic dinner package), and there were only two times: 2:55 pm and 8:25 pm. 2:55 pm is in the middle of naptime, so that was out. We took the 8:25 pm thinking we can go in for at least dessert, maybe an appetizer. I'll probably keep checking times and see if we can switch it to a bit earlier if something comes up!

I have to admit, I was starting to worry about how much money we're going to be spending. We've saved plenty, but we want to keep some to the side for a trip to Colorado at the beginning of next year and some money for when I get pregnant (I'll have to switch meds and they are very expensive). Chris and I talked about it and decided that we can just get an appetizer and share an entree at most of the restaurants. It's way too much food anyways, and we'd rather do that than miss out on any of these experiences.

He said he got on here today and had a response to a lot of you all set, and then it told him he got logged out. Bummer! He'll be back on this weekend to officially enter the PTR!

Oh, and our next movie is... The Little Mermaid! One of my faves... :flower:

11 DAYS!!

I get to do online check-in tomorrow morning, so that's pretty exciting. Ashton and I looked over the "sections" at CSR last night. I had requested the Cabanas when I made the reservation, but he really wants the Ranchos...what to do, what to do?? It'll probably be a last minute choice that I rethink for the next 11 days! Really, all I want is a 1st floor location that is near a bus stop. If we get that, great. If not, I'll ask about another option at check-in. I think we'll love it no matter what section we're in.

I had planned on taking care of a lot of things today, but I'm not feeling so hot. So I've just been hanging out online "researching". I was on disneyfoodblog.com reading the 2012 best counter service restaurants and decided I'd check out some of those menus to see what we'd like in advance. We're not too picky but I am allergic to seafood, so we try to avoid the places that serve mostly that. Plus, we like restaurants that have big portions. That way we can get an appetizer and an entree and share! Here's what I found:

Magic Kingdom-

Peco's Bills - I constantly hear good things about this restaurant, especially the fixings bar. I think this is probably a must try for us this trip. We can probably split a cheeseburger, some fries or onion rings, get the kiddo a side of something (maybe corn on the cob - he loves that!) and get Ashton a kids meal. It sounds very filling and very yummy!!

Casey's Corner - My family is from Chicago, so I love a good hot dog! I like that they have a toppings bar and that the dog comes with a side. Ashton would love the corn dog nuggets. Chris loves nachos if they're made with the ballpark/amusement park type cheese so he'd probably get that and Aidan and I could share here!

Epcot -

La Cantina de San Angel - We've eaten here before and really liked it. It may be a good option if we find ourselves looking for a place to sit down in WS. Mostly though, I'm thinking we may snack and not actually eat a whole meal when we're browsing the countries.

Sunshine Seasons - We've also eaten here before, but how can you pass it up! There's such a huge selection, I don't even want to guess what we'd choose. I'm sure we'll eat here at some point for either breakfast or lunch (or both!)

Hollywood Studios -

Backlot Express - I think there are a lot of yummy options here. The Southwest salad sounds good. The Grilled Turkey sandwich also sounds really good. We can probably get both of these and share (with Aidan too) and then Ashton can get a kid's meal.

Toy Story Pizza Planet - We've eaten here before and will probably go back. It's got enough of a selection and enough entertainment to keep everyone happy.

Starring Rolls - We'll probably only go here for breakfast or dessert but will probably go check it out!

Animal Kingdom -

Flame Tree BBQ - we meant to try this out last time and didn't get the chance to. I'm not a fan of meat on the bone, so I'll probably try the Barbecued Chicken Salad and Chris can choose whatever he wants (he really likes barbecue. The boys can either share with us, or we'll get a kids meal for Ashton.

Yak and Yeti CS - We ate here last time too and will probably go back. Really enjoyed the food. I would probably just eat the chicken fried rice and share with Aidan.

We're really going to make an effort to share and maybe even not completely fill up at our meals so we can try more snacks. We always eat so much between CS and TS meals that we don't do much snacking... that's going to change on this trip!! :lmao:

I made another change... I just kept thinking how much work it's going to be to move from CSR to ASMu on the last day. If it was mid-trip, it would be one thing, but for one night?? When I did my online check-in this morning, it said that I needed to call and attach my flight information. Something must have messed up in the system when we originally switched resorts. So when I called, I had the CM switch our reservations. I feel much better about this. Just having a guaranteed room for naptime that day is worth the small amount of money!

Today, I picked up food for our trip! I got a bunch of breakfast items like cereal, pop tarts, and mini-muffins. Then I got snacks like Nilla wafers, graham crackers (to make smores at the pool!), goldfish, GoGo Squeeze apple sauce, and granola bars. I think we're pretty set in the food department.

I decided the day before we leave, we're going to go see Brave. It'll get us in the Disney spirit (as if we need it! :goodvibes) and kill some time! It should be cute!

10 more days!

I had some spare time tonight after Aidan went to bed to check some items off my Disney list! First, I took care of my stroller tags:

006-3.jpg

005-6.jpg

I also made and stuffed my mousekeeping envelopes:

001-5.jpg

Here's my picture of the day, taken while we were out running errands!

2012-08-05112716.jpg

He thought this was so fun... wait till he sees what we have in store for him on this trip!! :thumbsup2

Hello, everyone! I'm the significant other to Halloween baby. Little over a week until we leave and we are so excited! She has gone through so much preparing and planning for this trip, its going to be a breeze! She is a planner, I think she has just as much fun prepping for a trip as she does when she is on it. Me on the other hand, I don't plan...I'd be the guy that shows up at the park not even knowing what rides/attractions were there. "WHAT?!? They have FOUR parks?!?" We would be lost if not for her!

Thank you, everyone that made the designs for us! They came out great. Doing all that work for the joy of making others happy and not doing it for profit. You are one of a kind.

Maureen, thank you for this trip. its going to be GREAT!

And...a quick note about her introduction, After us discussing going or not for about 15 min(I don't know why I didn't give in earlier, I always do) I said ok we will go, She replied, "Good, because I already bought our plane tickets":rotfl2: I'm such a sucker!

Hi there! :wave: I just came across your PTR and can't wait for y'all to take your trip!

First, I LOVE all the stuff you've made! The shirts, the tags, the books! Everything is perfect!

Second, I am a also part of the changing plans club! :lmao:;) I can't tell you how many time I've changed things on our upcoming trip! Or how many more changes I'll make!

And lastly, we're neighbors! I'm down in Richardson, so not too far from your area!

Excited for y'all!

Awesome job on the stroller tags. They came out great :thumbsup2

Thanks!! I really like how they turned out too! I punched holes in them and have cable ties to put them on the handles but wonder if there's a better way?? I've never done them before and didn't really notice strollers previously (except to dodge them!). :lmao:

Hello, everyone! I'm the significant other to Halloween baby. Little over a week until we leave and we are so excited! She has gone through so much preparing and planning for this trip, its going to be a breeze! She is a planner, I think she has just as much fun prepping for a trip as she does when she is on it. Me on the other hand, I don't plan...I'd be the guy that shows up at the park not even knowing what rides/attractions were there. "WHAT?!? They have FOUR parks?!?" We would be lost if not for her!

Thank you, everyone that made the designs for us! They came out great. Doing all that work for the joy of making others happy and not doing it for profit. You are one of a kind.

Maureen, thank you for this trip. its going to be GREAT!

And...a quick note about her introduction, After us discussing going or not for about 15 min(I don't know why I didn't give in earlier, I always do) I said ok we will go, She replied, "Good, because I already bought our plane tickets":rotfl2: I'm such a sucker!

I just want to say that I told him I found a perfect flight for cheap... I did not purchase until he said yes!!! I might have already set it up to book but I can't really remember... :rotfl2:

Hi there! :wave: I just came across your PTR and can't wait for y'all to take your trip!

First, I LOVE all the stuff you've made! The shirts, the tags, the books! Everything is perfect!

Second, I am a also part of the changing plans club! :lmao:;) I can't tell you how many time I've changed things on our upcoming trip! Or how many more changes I'll make!

And lastly, we're neighbors! I'm down in Richardson, so not too far from your area!

Excited for y'all!

Welcome!!! And thanks! We are neighbors! Chris actually grew up in your neck of the woods and I grew up in Plano! AND I work right by the Galleria, so I'm down near you ever day! I'll need to check out your PTR.... I'm either going to enjoy it as I count down time before Disney or to save me from depression after. Either way, it'll be great fun and I'm looking forward to it!!

ONE WEEK!!

We have officially enter crunch time... and by we I mean me!! Chris has some coworkers with medical issues so they are currently out of work. Because of that, he has to work every day starting yesterday through Monday, with a 14 hour double on Sunday. At least he has Disney to look forward to!! Ashton's still in Tennessee with his Grammy... so that leaves Aidan and me to hang out! It does free up a lot of time after 8 pm to take care of things.

I have refused to let myself pack yet... I have gathered a ton of stuff but have not broken out the suitcases. Ultimately, I'd like to wait until Sunday or Monday if I can hold out. Until then, I'm working on my last projects. I've made all of my invites now for the restaurants and have one more to print for our last day... I printed my last transfers for our last day shirts but need to cut them and iron them. Hopefully I'll work on those a bit tonight!

The good news is, I only work 1 1/2 more days and then I'm on vacation!!!! YAY!! That's when I'll really become a Disneyilla and start barking orders: clean your room, put away your laundry, give me your stuff to pack or it's not going.... :goodvibes

Oh well, at least I haven't made any more changes yet... I keep looking for an earlier Sci-Fi reservation but there hasn't been anything... oh yeah, and I started making touring plans for the lines app. I'll have to get Chris to download it too so we can use one phone and save the battery on the other!!

One more quick post....

I GOT MICKEY MAIL!!!

I totally wasn't expecting it!!

004-7.jpg

003-7.jpg

YAY! It's for our last day! It says ASMu but that's great. Ashton won't know the dates of our trip... what 9 year old knows what day it is in the summer time?? I'll be able to give him it and tell him it's for our old hotel! :thumbsup2

Also, check this out:

004-8.jpg

This is our last invite... we'll use it somehow to surprise Ashton. I haven't figure out exactly how yet. Maybe when we go back for a break, he'll think we're going back to pack and we can have it sitting out??? It's going to be so fun!! :yay:

Sounds like a good plan to stay at CSR for the final night. That is a lot to do for one night. I have done more changes on this trip than any other before. Must be something in the air.

I love the sign announcing the extra night. What a great surprise!

I sure hope I didn't cause you to change that Biergarten ADR. I've still got my fingers crossed for the potato soup. I was also disappointed last time because they had switched their wines.:(

It is almost here!! Yay for being off of work soon also. You have more patience than me because I would have started packing already...haha

jmskinner said:
Sounds like a good plan to stay at CSR for the final night. That is a lot to do for one night. I have done more changes on this trip than any other before. Must be something in the air.

I love the sign announcing the extra night. What a great surprise!
I sure hope I didn't cause you to change that Biergarten ADR. I've still got my fingers crossed for the potato soup. I was also disappointed last time because they had switched their wines.:(

I read in multiple places about the soup.... I just thought it might be a good opportunity to try out a new restaurant!

Dream426 said:
It is almost here!! Yay for being off of work soon also. You have more patience than me because I would have started packing already...haha

Yay! 6 days now... Believe me, I would probably be packing if I had the time. Work has been crazy because my replacement doesn't start until Monday so I'm doing both jobs right now. Once I get home, I am a pooped puppy! Starting tomorrow, though, it's on!

I decided I'm going to be lazy tonight. I'm pulling a Scarlett and putting everything off until tomorrow! I only have to work three hours tomorrow and have a list of things left to do, so it'll be over in no time!

As a bonus, the new lead that's taking my place contacted me this morning to find out about her orientation on Monday. When I told her I'd be on PTO and where I would be she said she LOVES Disney and started recommending stuff only a Disneyaholic would know. So excited to have someone to talk to at the office about the World. :goodvibes

Also, I was just thinking... next week at this time, I'll be in Magic Kingdom. But wait... the following week at this time, I'll be in Magic Kingdom again! Ironically both of our MK days are on Thursday. This is the longest vacation I've ever taken and the longest Disney trip. It seems so long right now, but I know it's going to go so fast! I'm starting to get REALLY excited!! :rotfl2:

Hey there, just wanted to wish you a magical trip. We are leaving tomorrow for Florida. We will look out for you at Islands of Adventure or Universal or even at the Royal Pacific Resort :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter