• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2012 Pop Century PTR... Lists, Planning, and General Thinking Outloud

Then I'd like to reserve a spot for Electrical Parade and Wishes somewhere around 8pm for the 9pm Parade. I'm still trying to figure our where the best curb spot is. Last time we had nice curb spots to sit in The Hub.... Might try there again. Was perfect viewing for the parade and fireworks.

I think somewhere in the hub will be nice...don't forget you want to get a good view of the castle for Magic, Memories and You ;)

Are you planning on getting Photopass/photopass +? I'm still debating on whether to get it or not...if I do, I am going with +! We like to get the ride photos, so it just makes sense :banana:

Last week I had ordered a pair of Teva Mush flip flops for my 9 yr old son and also for my 16 yr old son from Amazon. The ratings were fantastic, the price was pretty good, and the boys both loved the patterns that they came in! They liked having several different choices.

Well...they arrived about 6 days after I ordered them... they actually arrived before my Minnie Mouse Ears might I add :mad:... I'm still wondering where my MM Ears are...:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Anyway, the flip flops: THEY ARE SO SUPER SQUOOOOOSHY! They seem like they will be very comfortable for them to wear all day in WDW.... I might have to order myself a pair after trying these on... WOW they are comfy!!

Here are some pics of them...

These are my 9 yr olds on the left and my 16 yr olds on the right:

20120728_160612.jpg

Heres another shot because the lighting was very weird while taking pics on my my phone:rolleyes1

20120728_160727.jpg

I think my boys will do well with these for 10 hrs per day in the parks. I'm of course going to have them wear them around a bit before we go to break them in. I need to make sure they don't cause blisters between the toes... :scared1:

One more thing to CHECK OFF OF MY CHECKLIST!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

While I'm on the subject of SHOES :love: , these are the 2 pairs I bought last month for WDW for myself. I plan on switching off every other day between these 2 pairs. I spent a little bit MORE than I wanted to on these, but I wanted COMFORT! After some research I came upon reading about Clarks shoes. I've never owned a pair of Clarks in my life! Was I missing out on something amazing??? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I went to the mall one day last month at lunchtime and tried on about 30+ pairs of Clarks. All I can say about this brand of shoes is:
Comfy! :love:
Cute! :love:
Feels like walking on pillows! :love:
Pricy!!! :scared1:

I wear high heels, stilletos, and wedges 5 days a week to the office, and wedges all weekend. I normally go for fashion and NOT for comfort. My last trips to WDW my feet have not felt so good from wedge flip flops etc... So I ended up making an educated purchase and bought these 2 Beauties!!

20120728_161023.jpg

The top pair ARE Wedges... BUT they feel like I'm walking on marshmallows! I CANNOT believe I have never worn this brand before! I've been missing out on this amazing invention of Clark Brand Shoes my whole life! These have GOT to be THE MOST COMFORTABLE WEDGES I'VE EVER EVER EVER WORN IN MY LIFE!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: I'm in LOVE :love: With them and have been wearing them a lot to break them in to make sure that I don't get any yucky blisters :eek:

The bottom pair are flip flops which have a cute leather braided top on it... and THEY. ARE. SO. SO. SO. SO. SO. COMFORTABLE!!! I just cannot tell you enough how comfy these are.... the bottoms are like pillows and are molding to my feet already. :love::love::love:

So if I can give ANY advice to anyone on the Dis Boards its to go to the mall and ask to try on a pair of Clarks. Trust me... you won't be disappointed! :love::thumbsup2

I love those flip flops (I'm a flip flops/flats girl ;))! I would hunt down a pair for myself, but I already bought a pair of Teva Kokomo sandals...if you ever need sandals, I highly recommend them :cloud9:

Soooo I've been feeling really crappy for a week now... Zero energy, spacey head, sore throat, general sick feeling. I thought I was coming down with a cold. Well yesterday we went to the pool club for a couple hours and my head was killing and my ear started aching....I went home and took NyQuil and fell asleep EARLY. I woke up this morning and went to a Walk In Clinic since my Dr Office isn't open on Sundays.

I ended up telling the Dr that we are leaving for a Disney Vacation in 26 days....

The Dr is a HUGE DISNEY NUT TOO !

He diagnosed me with a Sinus Infection and an Ear Infection and prescribed me a Z-pack and a Steroid Nasal Spray to knock it out because he said 'we don't want you to be sick in Disney'!!!

On the sofa today watching the Olympics and waiting for the mess to kick in. It was awesome to have Disney Sympathy from a Doctor though :)

Reading the Dis boards planning my trip today xoxo

There is an ADR for Le Cellier (dinner) on 8/27 at 4:35 pm...HURRY! It's only for 4...but who knows :confused3

Cute shoes ... CHECK! Bags of supplies ... CHECK! Batteries ... CHECK!

Hope you are feeling better soon. :hug:

I feel so behind reading your trip report. I have so much left do. Don't get me wrong I have alot of stuff pruchased. But I just have a zillion things to do before we leave. We will be at pop from 8/24 to 9/3.

mommys3 said:
There is an ADR for Le Cellier (dinner) on 8/27 at 4:35 pm...HURRY! It's only for 4...but who knows :confused3

Oh man...i missed this post...oh well. I'll keep trying lol. Thanks for the heads up ! Xo

BearcatsFan said:
Cute shoes ... CHECK! Bags of supplies ... CHECK! Batteries ... CHECK!

Hope you are feeling better soon. :hug:

Thank you...I'm home from work this afternoon... Watching Disney movies with my boys. It's awful to have this sinus pressure.... Blah. Xo

KELLY said:
I feel so behind reading your trip report. I have so much left do. Don't get me wrong I have alot of stuff pruchased. But I just have a zillion things to do before we leave. We will be at pop from 8/24 to 9/3.

Oh man!! You've got plenty of time :) !!!!!!!!! Just do one small packing project each night and put into a basket.... You will be ready before you know it xoxo. I have a ton left to do also.... :(.

My Minnie Mouse Ears came in!!! Thank goodness!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance!!! So now all 4 of our Mickey Shirts and Mickey (and my Minnie) Ears are all here for our First Day Mk photo in front of the Castle .... I can relax now :) :) :)

I just read through this and have to say:

Beabull! I work in an animal shelter and have never seen anything like that before! He's so adorable. How old is he? He has that puppy-look to him due to the bulldog half.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled Disney-ness.

626 Fan said:
I just read through this and have to say:

Beabull! I work in an animal shelter and have never seen anything like that before! He's so adorable. How old is he? He has that puppy-look to him due to the bulldog half.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled Disney-ness.

First of all.... Thanks for reading! :)

Secondly HaHaHa!!! Milo is a Beabull!!! His mother was a purebred English Bulldog.... She was a breeding dog The father was the neighbor Beagle dog. Whoooops!! We rescued him from someone who had him tied to a porch for a year :( we are cat people and this is our first dog. We knew we had to take him because they were going to take him to the pound. :(

We googled English bulldog mixed with beagle because he snores so much,.... And all of these websites came up for Beabulls!! It's so funny that people pay for this breed and we got him by accident!! He's a great family dog and super docile and obedient and loves to learn new commands. I get stopped every 10 feet on the trail and asked 'what kind of dog is that?? He's so strange looking??!!'. ;)

Thanks for stopping at my TR report today! I see you have a trip coming up soon. Congrats!

I can't read all the details, but I am sure you must be super excited.

Back to get caught up later!

MEK said:
Thanks for stopping at my TR report today! I see you have a trip coming up soon. Congrats!

I can't read all the details, but I am sure you must be super excited.

Back to get caught up later!

Thanks for stopping by!! Xoxo

Day 2 Plans. Sunday Aug 26...... Epcot

1. Arrive at rope drop
2. Run run run ...ok walk quickly to Soarin to jump in line to ride....And then grab fast passes for later.
3. Test track will be closed still, so we will head to Mission Space....Orange Babyyyyyyy!!!!
4. We don't have any other set plans after the 2 main attractions are ridden so we will just mosey around riding whatever we come across.... We will try to hit up our favorites:

Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
The Seas Pavillion
Imagination... Because I've loved the Figment since I was 9 xoxo
Ellen's Energy
And whatever else we feel like riding.... No pressure this day because we will be back later in the week.

5. Dinner reservations at 5:30 ish (I don't have my paperwork nearby to check...) at San Angel Inn in Mexico. My family love love LOVES the atmosphere here. We will ask for a waterfront table. We also will ride the boat ride while we are here.
6. Explore a few of the Countries after dinner.........
7. Illuminations...... Love this night time show!!!! Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxx

Your EP day plans look great! :thumbsup2 We will also be part of the <ahem> quickly-walking (read: stampeding) group heading for Soarin' on the day we're there. :teeth: Wonder if those non-DISers look at us like we're completely nuts? :scratchin

Sounds like a fun Epcot day! Any plans to drink around the World? I am not a drinker...but hey, it's vacation :cool1:

Sounds like a fun Epcot day! Any plans to drink around the World? I am not a drinker...but hey, it's vacation :cool1:

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to try the Drink Around The World in Epcot!! However... I will have my 2 kids with us... I don't think I'd set a great example by staggering around world showcase doublefisting a Margarita and a Guinness :rotfl2:

One day.... :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter