• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2012 code watch

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
Now that the 2012 rates are out, it's prime time to start hoping/praying for a discount.

Please, code gods, have pity on us!!!

Add me to the August 2012 list. Haven't booked anything yet. Will wait until September when we return from our cruise.

Do you think they will offer free dining next year?

If they do, do you think they will include the regular dining plan if you book a family suite at Art of Animation?

We're both teachers, and go back to school the week before Labor Day. So free dining never seems to work for us; it's always offered too late to do us any good.

As to whether it's offered, or what conditions are placed on it, I guess that depends on what the economy does to Disney's numbers.

Count me in on the watch for August 2012 - hopefully going end of August, and hoping for Free dining!

Woo hoo!!! Joining in! Even though my ticker says June...better fix that.

We are hoping to go late August next year. We are value resort people, but will have to upgrade to moderate this year due to having 5 people along...so hoping to save money in other ways.

We got a PIN this year that we can't use - hopefully we'll get lucky next year too!

Questions - Does anyone have a list of the codes/discounts that were offered for this August...to give me an idea of what to expect for August 2012. I just hate pricing out vacations on the website with NO discounts...just not gonna happen!:thumbsup2

According to Mousesavers, FD came out 8/16/10 for 8/19/11-9/29/11. This discount could be booked through 12/20/10.

Next year we are planning to go in August because we just cannot afford to pull our kids out of school in Sept. DD will be starting high school the day after labor day and it would be to hard for her to miss school. Soooo...here I am joining the watch for Aug 2012 :surfweb: We plan to go Aug 22, so we are hoping that WDW will offer FD for the same dates as this year. :wizard:

We're both teachers, with 3 school aged kids.

We can never get there late enough for free dining. (We both have frosh orientation the last week of August, just before Labor Day. I cannot imagine coming home from WDW on a Friday and starting a school year on Monday.)

So while I'm not even hoping for Free Dining at the start of August, I would LOVE a good deal!!!

Hoping for either FD or deluxe hotel discount.

We're booked for the end of August next near. Would have much rather gone in the fall or spring but ds starts kindergarten this year and I'm hesitant to pull him out. DD1 starts kindergarten next year and I don't want her to miss her kindergarten orientation (the week before school starts). She's already devastated she's not starting kindergarten this year (the kid is 3, she has NO idea).

One of my kiddos is now in middle school so travelling during the summer is a must! I wish I could pull him from school like I could in elementary but he doesn't want to risk his grades. I have to respect that! I am soooo hoping for an August code! I don't think I can skip another year of WDW...this year we remodeled our kitchen so the trip to WDW had to go bye bye. It was FD for Aug 2011 - I think I will be crying the whole month of August!!

Count me in as well. Hoping for free dining, planning to travel August 17th-24th. Not sure if we are doing moderate or deluxe yet. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter