August 2010

aaronandterri

<font color=darkorchid>We love disney!<br><font co
Hi
Lol crazy but im starting to think about next years trip, with 2 kids in secondary school by then, i think we are now going to be more tied to school holidays, also were travelling for christmas so am thinking about annual passes, so must be within the year for our next trip, and honestly this summer holidays has been way to long i think ill look forward to it out there much more!
Ive never booked flights in peak times before, any advice where to start, i quite like the thought of a split stay, or indirect flights with a few days stopover, well, on the way out at least maybe, or just connecting flights.
Was thinking about maybe flying into new york on the way for 4/5 nights or maybe las vegas afterwards, cant quite decide, where do you look for indirect flights?

Ive looked a a few direct ones but august priced seem high at the moment, i intend to book free ddp for a 10 days or so then do a villa, maybe a cruise, like i say planning still.
Any ideas?
anyone booked at a great price yet? (lol remember theres 6 of us plus infant)

If you are doing a split stay in New York, there will be plenty of flights to choose from, but you'll probably have to have a connecting flight home!

Why not go to Disney first, then stay in New York and that way, you'll have a shorter return flight home?

Continental do flights to Newark and you can get a train into Manhattan.

Tracy xx

i think *** im planning on staying 3 maybe 4 weeks it limits our choices for carriers, weve only flown virgin before and thomas cook once (ages ago) to florida.

I've done split stays in both NY and Las Vegas. In both cases, allow almost a day written off travelling between the 2 (especially LV).

You can research multiple destinations on sites such as Expedia. I have also considered flying into LV with Virgin and back from Orlando - using a direct no-frills carrier to get me to Orlando. Didn't do it, but it would work.

For LV, I looked at the airport's website to find out which carriers flew to Orlando direct and did some dummy pricings.

I like Tracy's suggestion of ending in NY for the short flight home.

I have booked but wouldn't say its a great price.:)

were planning on around 4 weeks out there so am not to bothered if we lose some days, how many hours is it to LV??.
I did look at expedia but it wasnt showing august yet when i looked.

were planning on around 4 weeks out there so am not to bothered if we lose some days, how many hours is it to LV??.
I did look at expedia but it wasnt showing august yet when i looked.

From memory, it's around a 4 hour flight from LV, but there is a 3 hour time difference with Orlando.

Since writing the above, I've checked on the direct flights to Orlando from LAS and they seem to be no more .... hardly a surprise in the current economic climate.

I then went on to the American Airlines site and selected the multi-city option. I did this for November since as you know, next August flights will not be released until next month. Departing Las Vegas at 11.10 am gets you into Orlando at 11.10 pm. AA gives a 9 hour journey including 4 hours at Dallas Fort Worth where you change planes. The time difference does the rest! I'm sure you could get better flight times than this, but the danger is if it's too tight, you can easily miss the connection, since internal flights are often late. Not to be taken lightly with an infant in the party I think.

Good luck with it :)

Though we're not going at the time of year you're considering I thought i'd share our plans regarding Orlando combined with other destination/s :)

We're flying Continental into Newark first for 4 nights in New York, then renting a car to drive up to Boston for 6 nights then from there we're getting an internal flight with Delta down to Orlando for 9 nights before flying home with Continental (indirect) I considered various ways of doing the three destinations, including doing the Boston portion first-driving from there to NY-flight from NY to Orlando but decided against this as it would mean another indirect flight from the UK to Boston (I don't mind them but if I have the direct option for the same price I would prefer not to!)
If you're only doing 2 destinations I believe there is an option of doing a stopover with most of the carriers who fly indirect to Orlando via another destination and it doesn't cost any or very much extra, certainly i've heard of people doing this with New York either on the way to or back from Orlando. For Las Vegas i'm not sure, but I do know from flying Newark to San Francisco and Las Vegas to Newark last year that the flight from east to west coast and vice versa is a bit of a drag and since Orlando to Las Vegas would likely be a connecting flight I think even more so :headache:
We booked our main flights for this year and last with Opodo as we found them the most flexible and reasonably priced for multistop flights. Our Boston to Orlando flight was booked with Orbitz, I think they're really good for the US internal ones :)

thanks for sharing :hug:

If you cant get direct flights to LASV then it rules it out i couldnt be doing with that much mucking around!espically not with an 18 month old! shame though as ive always wantedto go the long flight from the uk puts me off i though maybe doing a shortened version from orlando would be great way to do it, maybe well go late on in the year for our anniversary with no kids, this is an option, Izzy would be 2 then so older to leave.

That makes it new york, for our stopover, id hope to get non direct one way though is this an option?
We may even do a disney cruise while were out there as well.
ill have to check around the web, maybe ill wait for wayne to get back hes always good at this stuff!

Yep New York to and from Orlando should be direct. I think it's a good one to 'tag' on as a side trip and I would agree that Las Vegas might be better as a standalone trip. I know some will disagree but I don't think it's somewhere I would want to take children over other places, more of a couples destination :) New York has loads of museums, central park, shops etc... Better for families I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter