*******august 2010 thread******

Tinkio

Earning My Ears
Has anyone out there already made their reservations for August 2010? I am so excited I can hardly wait.........:banana:

We still have a long way to go but that doesn't matter because we are Disney fanatics.:cool1:

I was just thinking about starting this thread this morning! :)
So I'm going on a trip to disney in february, but we'll just barely miss the opening of the wizarding world of harry potter in IOA spring 2010!
My family consists of a bunch of HP freaks, so hopefully I can sway them to let us come back in mid-august!
Nothing's set in stone, but I hope it goes through!
*fingers crossed*

Ok, why is this not the "official" thread like the other months? lol We have our trip booked for August 13-24TH 2010 at PoFQ. We are hoping and praying for free dining starting the 15TH. :tinker: But we will be going regardless of the deal.

I am, hoping that Harry Potter draws big crowds to Universal and away from WDW. LOL

We will be staying off-site for the first week of August. There will be 10 of us staying in a rented home. I can't wait!!!!

We are planning our first trip for August 2010. I have not booked it yet though - I am too nervous! I hope to book it in the next month though. Also hoping for free dining or another discount to come out.

We have the dates pretty much nailed down (Aug 13 - 22) and we know we want to stay at POFQ. It'll be me, DH, and our 2 boys. It'll be the first trip for all of us, neither DH or I ever went as children. I've been planning this since July and next August can't come soon enough!

We booked a condo for August 14 until the 25..... It's our first time of-site:goodvibes

I'll start compiling a list of august '10 DISers HERE! :)

AUGUST 2010 DISers!!
Disney Crazy Debbie: July 31st-August 7th
bilnsheldodisney: August 1st-7th; WL
shaz105: August 1st-12th
RMmom: first week of August; offsite
wdwislife: August 11th-18th?
MommyMcQueen: August 13th-22nd; Pop
Disneyfantotheend: August 13th-24th POFQ
Erin7075: August 14th-20th; WL
Kazzy1548: August 14th-25th; offsite
leeann32: August 15th-21st
MomoAries: August 15th-22nd; Pop
eeyorepixie: August 15th-29th; POR/Poly
dopeyone: August 16th-28th; POR
YukiPhnx: August 17th-24th; Pop
wisnieea: August 17th-26th; Pop
Kpgriswold: August 18th-25th; POR
MickQuinn: August 19th-28th
PanFan01: August 21st-28th; ASMu
Nickmom522: August 22nd-31st; AKL
jagafen: August 23rd-31st; AKL
Crock: August 26th-Sept. 4th
Doug65: August 28th-Sept. 4th
Harlemgirl720: August 29th-Sept. 5th; AKV
Becky27

We have our free dining trip booked Aug 15-21, 2010. We booked the bounceback when we were there in September.
Seriously thinking about trying Universal:confused3

We haven't booked yet either but we're looking at the 26th to Sept 4th. Hoping that free dining is a perk again this year during that time frame. I had looked at March with the 5/2 deal, but I think we're going to chance it and wait for other deals....We're also seriously thinking of doing a couple of days at Universal too. This will be our 5th visit as a family and if we do work it out it'll be our first to Universal. We can't wait for August!!

I really recommend universal to anyone that hasn't been!
Don't go expecting it to be a WDW replica though, the atmosphere is completely different, but still priceless.
It has a lot more thrill rides than WDW though, so thrill-seekers rejoice!
The theming of the universal studios park is similar to that of DHS, and islands of adventure has a little bit of a different feel.'
Give it a try!

Thanks that's what I was thinking. I received my Birnbaums dining book today :yay: We've never done the dining plan and we've only once had sit down meals (something that I would like to do more of) In all honesty we've never done long time planning for our previous trips and therefore haven't bothered to even try for the ADRs. Lots of chicken nuggets and hamburgers on previous trips. So excited to be planning now!!:yay:

The planning is half fun for me. I always plan way in advance. Mainly because we can only really afford to go every 4 years. So that leaves lots of empty time between trips. ;)

I already booked out 7/31 - 7/7/10 trip! It will be me, my DS (20), my grandniece (first visit) and my 2nd cousin's daughter (first trip). I'll be doing dining for the first time and decided to do deluxe, plus we are staying at the WL. I try a different resort each time!

We are planning our first trip for August 2010. I have not booked it yet though - I am too nervous! I hope to book it in the next month though. Also hoping for free dining or another discount to come out.

We have the dates pretty much nailed down (Aug 13 - 22) and we know we want to stay at POFQ. It'll be me, DH, and our 2 boys. It'll be the first trip for all of us, neither DH or I ever went as children. I've been planning this since July and next August can't come soon enough!

I had to reread your post...You are almost my Disney planning twin...LoL...however our dates are more than likely going to be Aug 15 - 22. And we will be staying at Pop Century. It will be me, DH, and our two DS's. This is also a first trip for all of us as well...

I am hoping for the free dining because I think it would be a great deal for us. The planning (I've also been planning since July :) ) is so much more fun than I anticipated. :banana: I CAN'T WAIT 4 OUR TRIP TO BEGIN!!!

We're planning on late August, not sure on the dates yet. We're hoping for free dining. We're planning on a grand gathering with friends and family.

We are hoping to return on Aug 19- 28, 2010. We loved free dining last August and hope to get it again.

Question: If the promos don't come out until late March, do you just book early and hope for the best?

I would ordinarily wait for the sure thing, but now that dining res has gone back to 180 days, might not be able to get the ADRs we want if we don't book until late March.

We booked bounceback for free dining at POR Aug. 16th - 28th, That's 297 short days away! :scared1: I'm glad our Dec. trip is only 39 days away and our Feb. trip is 112 days away! :) That's more like it, I'm having withdrawls from our past Aug. trip already! Actually they start on the plane ride home!:)

I had to reread your post...You are almost my Disney planning twin...LoL...however our dates are more than likely going to be Aug 15 - 22. And we will be staying at Pop Century. It will be me, DH, and our two DS's. This is also a first trip for all of us as well...

I am hoping for the free dining because I think it would be a great deal for us. The planning (I've also been planning since July :) ) is so much more fun than I anticipated. :banana: I CAN'T WAIT 4 OUR TRIP TO BEGIN!!!

I am considering booking at Pop instead of POFQ - I mainly wanted POFQ due to the size, but I think my kids (6 and 3 (will be 4 at time of trip)) would enjoy the theming of Pop a lot more...plus less costly. I still have to do more reading to convince myself - just worried about the size - my 3yo HATES to walk and constantly complains while walking long distances. He'll be in for a treat on this trip. :)

I LOVE the planning part too - so exciting thinking of all of the great things we'll be able to experience and enjoy....how much fun it will be. Can't wait to see my kids faces when we get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter