August 2010 Code watch

Not sure if this helps anyone but I'm on the site right now and the summer discount dates are back up. :banana::banana: Here's what it says:

Summer Travel Dates Added!
Stay at least one night when you travel in the summer from 6/4-8/14/10, and save!

Resort Category Stay One or More Nights
Select Disney Value Resort Hotels 25% Savings For stays most nights
6/4-8/14/10
Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels 30% Savings For stays most nights
6/4-8/14/10
Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels 35% Savings For stays most nights
6/4-8/14/10
Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts 40% Savings For stays most nights
6/4-8/14/10

Do you think that the current offers being extended until mid August is an indication that free dining will follow? :confused3

They are offering the current gift card promotion through 8/14. I thought discounts were going to be scaled back this year.

I hope so to the free dining!

As for the scaling back. The economy is not as improved as everyone claimed. Many people are still struggling which means less people are not booking until good deals get offered. They need to offer the deals to fill the rooms.

Do you think that the current offers being extended until mid August is an indication that free dining will follow? :confused3

Most likely free dining will start on 8/15, which is close to when it started last year (which I think was 8/13). Last year, free dining was announced in late-March.

I went to the WDW site this morning and punched in my dates for August (8-15) which are non negotiable because we are coming off a cruise and the rate it gave me was $555 per night for a 2 bedroom villa at OKW.

Then I went back to the home page funneled my request through one of the lower links that said I could save 40% and suddenly my rate dropped to $333 per night, I grabbed it!

When they offer FD, do they also give you a choice of a room-only discount? We are doing 3 nights at ASMo and using our GAD passes for one day at AK...the rest of our trip will be *other* parks. I am hoping to get to AKL or WL but we'll see!

Thanks for any thoughts on this...checking in 8/21 for 3 nights.

Through a quirk of fate :goodvibes we are going to be in Disney on August 22 – 23 – 24:yay:. If they move back dates for the discount room rates – it’s the ANIMAL KINGDON RESORT :woohoo: – if they don’t - it’s Pop Century:rolleyes:. We have our free day at Disney Volunteer Voucher:cool1: and a Debit Card (free with Credit Card Points) for enough to cover the cost of the resort for two nights:cheer2:! Disney free :thumbsup2(except for food and toys!). Last year waited for them to offer Free Dining (got that! – stayed at CSR for 11 days!:cloud9:) This year hoping for discount Resort rates – come-on Disney:wizard:!

Subscribing AGAIN to another August Code watch! We have done FD in the past, but this time we are "officially" (Disney-officially!...LOL) a family of 5. We will be staying Deluxe and are hoping for a nice room only discount instead of FD. Anyone ever get a good Room Only Discount for the end of August?

Subscribing AGAIN to another August Code watch! We have done FD in the past, but this time we are "officially" (Disney-officially!...LOL) a family of 5. We will be staying Deluxe and are hoping for a nice room only discount instead of FD. Anyone ever get a good Room Only Discount for the end of August?

Yes 40% off last year on any hotel category.

Yes, any discount offer would be great for August 2010. Luckily, in the past there have been a few different offers for that time of year. Hope it continues. :hourglass

dh:goofy: dw:teacher: ddprincess: ddprincess:

We just booked an Aug 2010 trip. In the past, what has been offered?

I didn't get the offer, just trying to extract details from a thread started by someone who go the PIN. Here is what she said in her opening post:

I recieved a PIN code for 20% a value resort, 30% off a moderate resort and 40% a deluxe... I called to see if I could use it and I saved over $1600!!!!!

So, looks like a room only PIN. Someone posted later in the thread the dates I posted above.

Here is the thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2314502

That's useful. We just booked AKL in August and were hoping to get FD. We are checking in on the 13th and they gave us the 750 gc. Will we get to keep the gift card if they give room discounts?

We're hoping for a code for 8/16-8/24. Looking to upgrade from ASMu to POFQ, possibly with the dining plan, if free dining is offered again. :goodvibes

We are hoping to stay at CBR from 8/14-8/21. Crossing our fingers that free dining comes out!:flower3: Already have the 14th booked under the room only discount. Now just need that extra pixie dust to have free dining come out on the 15th. Which coincidentally is my wonderful DH birthday! :goodvibes

That's useful. We just booked AKL in August and were hoping to get FD. We are checking in on the 13th and they gave us the 750 gc. Will we get to keep the gift card if they give room discounts?

No, only one discount at a time.

If you are checking in on the 13th and FD is released to begin on the 16th, you won't be eligible unless you do a split stay for the trip or change your check in date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter