August 2010 Code watch

Got a few emails with pins so far, but only up until 8/14. So hopefully that's a good sign that I am on "the list"..but we are going end August into beginning of September.
Booked with AAA discount for now- really hoping for the free dining or 40% off deluxe!!! As is looks, should be codes out there in a few months for that time frame.
We have always been able to get a code or general public discount for Sept in the past!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

There are currently a few pins floating around for free QSDP for August 15TH-October 2ND. I am hoping that is not a sign that only QS will be offered for free this year. Although I will still be happy, as long as I can pay the extra and upgrade to regular DDP.

Gotcha! Thanks. I need to figure out the $$$ of FD vs. 40% for our family. So the AAA people can change me from the AAA discount to FD if that becomes available?

Also, are the discount codes usually valid for 1 bdrm villas if we decide to do that instead of a regular room?

Thanks again!
Amanda

AAA agents should be able to do that...but, if it were me, I would go with room and a one day ticket at this point so you don't have to involve a AAA agent. That way if FD comes available, you can decide if it is right for you.

I was able to get a 1BR villa @ BCV with a 45% bounceback code. I could not get a 2 BR with that code, however.

This was the subject title in the e-mails.

I received 2 offers on Wednesday. One was 15%, 20%, 25%, or 30% off on a Disney Resort stay from 5/2 to 8/14/10. Have to book by Feb. 3rd.

The other was a FREE regular disney dining or FREE quick service plan from 8/15 to 10/2/10. The Disney Dining plan (regular plan) has to be booked at select moderate, deluxe or villas. The Quick service has to be booked with value resorts. Of course, park tickets are to be purchased as well.
This one has to be booked by Feb. 3rd as well.

Both offers had PIN codes

Cool, I am glad to hear some are getting offered the regular DDP too. We will be in a moderate. I read several people got the dining code, but it only included QSDP.

Cool, I am glad to hear some are getting offered the regular DDP too. We will be in a moderate. I read several people got the dining code, but it only included QSDP.

Yes it is great but since joining DVC, I really don't need to use it. I wish I could pass it on to someone else who could use it.

That is the sad thing about pin codes. Are there any deals that actually benefit DVC members?

Unfortunately no. Since members have points to use towards rooms, we cannot use the free dining or discounted rooms. Only way to take advantage is to save points and pay for trip. To me that defeats the purpose of purchasing DVC.

We do get a discount for AP. Its $100 off and that is good especially if you got more than once a year.

I got a PIN for August that is buy 3 nights get a 4th night free and a $300/gift card at a Deluxe. I have booked the WL. Results in a very nice rate but it is only for 4 nights and we wanted a longer trip.

We want to stay 8 or 9 nights so right now I have split reservations which is a pain - was only allowed to use the PIN once for the first 4 nights. Hoping for Free Dining which will be a better discount for us although not sure if we will stay with WL or move to POFQ to save some money. I am fairly new to his Mickey Math but a moderate with free dining seems like a very nice vacation.....hoping and wishing....

Did you recently fill out one of those, "What month are you interested in coming" surverys? I just got one of those (with the downloadable snowglobe) and I'm hoping it triggers a pin code.

Sorry about the delayed response but yes I did fill out one of those surveys.. and since then I have changed my dates to earlier August 6th-12th because of the kids school and was still able to get the same 1 bedroom villa with my 40% discount. Goodluck:thumbsup2

Seriously awful. :sad:

The PP said they won't even let her use it twice. I guess we would have to pay rack rate for the second reservation to extend the stay.

I just got an email this morning for the 20/30/40% of room rate PIN. We want to go in September so this should work great for us. Here's the dates it gives in case anyone is wondering: For stays most nights 1/18–2/11/10,
2/15–3/27/10, 4/11–7/1/10, 7/5–10/7/10,
10/11–11/23/10 and 11/28–12/16/10.

Does anyone know if there is a certain date you must book by? I don't see one on the email. Also, can you use the PIN when booking your vacation online or just by phone? The email says call the Disney World number or talk with your travel agent.

There should be an obvious link that says "book online". If it doesn't have one, then I guess you have to call.

The book by date should be near the phone number. If not, I would think they would tell you when you call.

It is one of the better deals. I'm glad you got the pixie dust. :) Be sure to send some our way.

Make many memories.

There should be an obvious link that says "book online". If it doesn't have one, then I guess you have to call.

The book by date should be near the phone number. If not, I would think they would tell you when you call.

It is one of the better deals. I'm glad you got the pixie dust. :) Be sure to send some our way.

Make many memories.

It doesn't have either of those on there. I guess we'll have to call to find out. Thanks anyway. Pixie dust to everyone wanting a PIN :wizard:

My PIN expired 03/17/2010. It was good for almost every day except major holidays (4th of July, Columbus Day weekend, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.).

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter