August 2009 Discounts before Free Dining?

CorNKat'sMom

Earning My Ears
Our family has booked a trip at POR for 8/16-8/22. I have noticed that the few weeks leading up to FD there are no discounts that I have noticed. We would like to add an extra night on the front of our trip, 8/15. Will there be any discounts for the period before FD?

Currently there are not any discounts between 8/8 and 8/15. However, it is value season so the rack rates are less than most other times of the year. We just added CBR on 8/15 for $149. Our FD package is from 8/16 - 8/23.

Currently there are not any discounts between 8/8 and 8/15. However, it is value season so the rack rates are less than most other times of the year. We just added CBR on 8/15 for $149. Our FD package is from 8/16 - 8/23.

We also added 8/15 at CBR, but we're paying $119 which is the AAA rate. You might want to check into that.

We also added 8/15 at CBR, but we're paying $119 which is the AAA rate. You might want to check into that.

Did you have to book that one extra night as a separate reservation to get the discount?

If you were eligible, or going with someone who is, you'd probably already know this, but... The "Armed Forces Salute" -40% off room-only is available until December 23rd.

I agree with the PP on joining AAA to get a discount if nothing else is available. Your one night POR reservation will be a separate res. called a "room-only" reservation. When you book it, just remind them to put in your reservation that it is a "continuing reservation," meaning that you'll be staying on with a package and therefore would like to remain in the same room, (just make sure you've booked the same room view category). It's not guaranteed, but usually isn't a problem. The next morning you can pick-up your new KTTW cards with your tickets/DP on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter