August 2008 - who's going?

We are using our SSR points to stay at on the Boardwalk this year. That's not to say we don't love SSR, we do, we just like the idea of trying different resorts and our DVC lets us do that. So, when are going? - 8/21-28 (arrive early, leave late - making the most of every day!!!

We're going Aug 26-Sept 2. Staying at the Polynesian. Probably will be HOT that time in the summer. Looking forward to going but don't want to wish away the summer! Going to be a surprise for the kids :yay:

Does anyone know which parks should be the best bet on which days for the week of August 10-17? And could you give me your reasoning for how you have determined this?

Does anyone know which parks should be the best bet on which days for the week of August 10-17? And could you give me your reasoning for how you have determined this?

I couldn't tell you which parks are best. The way I do my parks is by looking at the Early Entry park of the day. I go to that park that day & leave by mid-day/lunch time or just before & head back to either Epcot or MK at night.

I like to go early, hit the rides (I have 3 kids-7, 4 & 2) & leave during the high sun time & watch the crowds walk in as I am happily leaving.

BTW, I am getting excited since August is coming, August is coming...YAY!

I like that technique. Sounds relaxing and intelligent. Have fun at the Poly! You get to go a few days before me though, lucky ... but I will be arriving next door at the GF on the 10th. Thanks for some insight.

DD16 and I will be at POP 8/17-8/30. Anyone here going during that time with a teen close to that age? I'm a little apprehensive that it will be mostly younger kids.

DD16 and I will be at POP 8/17-8/30. Anyone here going during that time with a teen close to that age? I'm a little apprehensive that it will be mostly younger kids.

We will be at POP Aug 14 - 20 and have my 16 year old nephew with us. Maybe they'll see each other walking around at POP and not feel like they're with a bunch of little kids. It seems like I remember quite a few teens especially at the pools last summer. They'll have fun..

August 26-Sept 2 for us! Staying at the Polynesian. Surprise trip for the kids tell them the last day of school. Free dining too.

::yes:: My DD14 will be with me! from 8/24-8/31! She usually hangs out with kids ages ranging 13-16! :)

We will be there Aug 24-30th. Can't wait. There will me 6 of us. Me(39), DH(47), Mom(62), Dad (64), DS (20) DD (17). :cool1:

All 12 of us will be there from Aug 14-22. Staying for the first time at POR. We can hardly wait. YIPPIE 75 days to go....:woohoo: :woohoo:

My grandmother, DD and I are going August 19-25 and staying at POP. DH almost made this trip with us but his work wouldn't give him the time off (hence us going on a small family trip to PA earlier in the month).

And! This is the first time my DD will be staying on site! My grandmother and I stayed on site a few times before but all of DD's trips were off site. So we are super excited for that!

We will be staying offsite at High Point Resort from August 23-30. We are taking DGS2 for the first time and we can't wait. We normally go in April or October but DS didn't want us to pull him out of school, so now we have to deal with the heat.

DH 40 :drive: ; Me 39 (soon 40:sad2: ); DD 20 ::MinnieMo ; DS 12 :mickeyjum and DGS 2 :tigger:

Girls-Only trip 8/24-8/29, we are psyched!!! Does anyone even say "psyched" anymore?:confused3 :goodvibes

We will be there the same time - checking in at CSR on 15th August for 12 nights then spending our last 2 nights at Universal - Royal Pacific Resort.

We're checking into CSR on the 15th Aug too - 14 nights. May see you there!:goodvibes

We're going in August too! :goodvibes We're taking the Auto Train leaving on August 10th and arriving on the 11th. We're staying at the BCV until August 29th! Can't Wait!!! :flower1:

Kathleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter