August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the nice welcome everyone!

Ehtpht- yes I think we did meet on the April cruise at the sail away party. How fun that a few people from that group are cruising together again!

Could someone tell me who I need to send our information to and what kind of information? There are so many things going on on this board that it is hard to keep track!
Thanks
*Becky*

Hello singingTink and welcome aboard. The only way to KNOW what to do is for you to first read the entire thread!!;) Next week when you're done we can try and answer your questions.

If you go the first post on this thread it has some info that might help you...Mark

;) I thought "we" were the celebrities on this cruise - another dream crunched!:hyper:

What fun you all are -- I just love the jokes - make me laugh out loud! Get the stranges looks

Now on to heart throbs -- got to go with Johnny Depp! Although any of those mentioned will do just fine, too!

DenverVal - sounds like a Colorado meet would be great - ideas?

"HEY HEY WE'RE THE MONKEES!"

Davey Jones was the cutey there!

Panama Factiod ~ The Guton(sp) Lake is the largest Man Made Lake in the World!

DD had a few friends over last night and I can't find my book! This is going from memory and with not a full supply of coffee!

Scratch

pirate:

Now, Jason, it's just NOT nice to insinuate that I'm OLD...... :faint:

Scratch: I LOVED watching The Monkees. In fact, Davy Jones was just part of the Flower Power shows at Epcot this spring. I missed him because I was sick in bed at the Wilderness Lodge. I was bummed.

Panama Canal fact: I thouight Rae would be extremely interested in the "natural resources" listed for Panama.
Natural resources:
copper, mahogany forests, shrimp, hydropower

Originally posted by singingTink
We got to know Rae and Dianathus (Linda) before leaving for our cruise and were table mates with them. Becky
:hyper:

And remember the $20 I offered you to not tell anyone about our adventures!!!!!!!!

So very glad to have you and your Mom with us - seems like this is going to be the best cruise ever!

Rae

I was upset that I could not see him 'cause we were scheduled to leave to go home before he performed and if it was not for the fact that DD had already missed so much school, but to be there and not able to go............

:sad:

:hug:

Hey, maybe he'll be on the Cruise!:hyper: :hyper:

With Shrimp being a Natural Resource ~ Rae won't have to worry about running out!LOL

Scratch
pirate:

I remember Bowser. He was the bass, and looked like every mothers' nightmare.

Jason I laughed out loud at the cat and the computer. Actually brought back memories. Years ago ( the 1970s) we had a cat named Nusiance Value (don't ask small children). He was always in the same position but on the television. Liked the warmth I guess. Watched a lot of tv with a black tail thru the middle.

Becky if you send all your info, names, ages, number going, cabin number and seating to Jazzman he'll put it all in the list he is keeping. You can send three circles the same info and they will put it on the cruiser list that they have been making.
We are going to a wine tasting/food tasting event in Allentown. Looks like the weather will be great, at last. Will be checking in tonight, I get to be designated driver...maybe. Estelle

Originally posted by ehtpnt
I We are going to a wine tasting/food tasting event in Allentown. Looks like the weather will be great, at last. Will be checking in tonight, I get to be designated driver...maybe. Estelle

Hey where in Allentown is that??Can anyone go?? My DH would love that!!

I am going to Lehigh University today to see my DD dance recital this afternoon!!

Beautiful day today, isn't it??

Have fun!!:wave2:

Originally posted by rae519
And remember the $20 I offered you to not tell anyone about our adventures!!!!!!!!

So very glad to have you and your Mom with us - seems like this is going to be the best cruise ever!

Rae

OK Rae, where my $20... pay up, or I'll talk... :) The Shrimp Queen has many secrets...

Becky~ So glad you are going! Regards to Deb- miss you guys! Is she still doing the "drink of the day" since you got back or was that just my bad "cruise" influence.. LOL! :drinking1

We'll let everyone know what's in store for you guys after our May Canal cruise... ::yes::

Jindy & I are hoping for the good celebrities - here's hoping for Johnny Depp! pirate: Just say no to Kelly Rippa...

Originally posted by Scratch42
"HEY HEY WE'RE THE MONKEES!"

Davey Jones was the cutey there!

Scratch

pirate:

Davey Jones was at the Flower Power Concert series at EPCOT last year. He aged about as well as David Cassidy- not well at all... so sad...

Originally posted by Scratch42
Panama Factiod ~ The Guton(sp) Lake is the largest Man Made Lake in the World!

DD had a few friends over last night and I can't find my book! This is going from memory and with not a full supply of coffee!

Scratch

pirate:
I just handed off the book to DH but Gatun Lake was the largest man made lake at the time ... about 20 years later it lost that title. :teeth:

Canal Fact: On average, a vessel will take 8 to 10 hours to transit the canal. :boat:

It's hard to keep up witht his thread, but I have been able to read ALL of it. Those of you doing the dismeet in the NW we would love to join you. please add us to your list!

ehtpht- thanks for the info on where to send our info! I will be sure to do that soon.

Rae- I'll be waiting for that 20 bucks...haha I am REALLY looking foward to this cruise!

Dianthus- we miss you guys too!My mom has not quite kept up with the drink of the day, but she sure enojyed it when she was! I wouldn't say you were a bad cruise influence, you were much more a motivational cruise influence!

Off to go watch the Dragon Boat Races downtown this afternoon. have a great weekend everyone!
Becky:Pinkbounc

We're home from the great adventure.

Melinda-- the festival is in Cedar Park in Allentown. It is free just to walk thru and I think the shows, chefs showing off and wine information, are free. They sell food/wine tickets and you can purchase a bracelet which gets you... a free wine glass (real glass) 20 food tickets and any wine tasting you want to do. The Wineries are all more or less local. There were probably around 30 different ones. We probably managed to taste maybe 20 different wines. I prefer ones that don't taste like wine and I actually found about 5 or 6 that I would be able to consume.

Maybe I'll bring a bottle with me next year. Yeah right about the time that Raes' horses fly.

Going now back to the "real" world where the laundry has to be folded and put away. Estelle

Hello all--

We were at Disney today which would explain my absence from the Dis Board and this thread.

We had lunch at Olivia's at Old Key West and then went to Disney-MGM for the afternoon/evening. Got home about an hour ago and now I'm ready for bed!

I'll update the site tomorrow with the new info I received today from a couple of cruisers.

Till then, good night all!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter