August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just shot off an email to DCL letting them know my expectations. Now let's see if they can meet them. :wizard:

Never mess with pin people :goodvibes
Dee

invaderzim said:
I totally agree with you. And if you get those fancy duds on sale, it doesn't hurt the pocketbook too much either!

Our first cruise was the four-night. When we took the Magic for the first time, the formal and semi-formal nights were so much fun. Not only dressing up, but looking at everyone else and watching people getting their formal pictures, etc. I love the atrium on formal nights. It's like being at the prom all over again!!!! :dancer: :wizard:

How I agree! Not that we had proms here when I was leaving school. It's Joys prom on Thursday this week and there is much excitment in our household. She had her hair highlighted this week in readiness, nails and hair appointments next week. I wish I'd had this wonderful opportunity when I was 15/16!

Pam

Perdita&Pongo said:
Time to get P-O'd and start a letter writing campaign!!

I talked with Tinkerbel129 (Lori) today. She was just down at WDW for the Animal Kingdom Pin Event. She heard and verified with several higher-ups at the event that

All 1,000 Super Jumbo Panama Canal Crossing Pins will be released on the May cruise!!

I think most of us thought it would be equitable with them releasing half in May and half in August. Not so!! First we get short shrift by getting one less port and now we lose out on the boxed commemorative pin?? And we are paying the same as the May cruisers? Not fair in my book.

Reps from Event Services have said that this is out of their control as the special pins on these cruises are not part of a Pin Event. DCL has final word and has decided on all of the Super Jumbos being released in May.

WE CAN TRY TO CHANGE THIS!! Write to DCL and express your dissatisfaction! If you know someone higher up in DCL management or know someone who knows someone, let them know how we feel!

This does not surpise me and I almost commented that there was nothing said that the release date said 5-14 which to me meant they would be released then and by our cruise there will be none left because they won't take them away for the other west coast cruises either.

Donna

we got our revised confirmation from DVC for the DLH before the cruise and the points cost had dropped by 25%. Now that's what I call good! :cheer2:

Allan

DCL ONLINE RESSIES INFO.

Live from the 11th Floor of the Sierra Tower of the DL Hotel overlooking DL/DCA/DTD!

We brought Brian's laptop to make our DCL ressies as we have the REAS package. We paid off our cruise to do so. Now I see it was not needed? Oh well.

Donna, hope you got your ressies!!!

Here is what worked a little after 12 p.m. PST for us tonight (The system would not let us make our ressies prior to this):

1. We were able to book all our Palos ressies and Spa ressies. You can book Palos for a party of 1-2, or a party of 3-4.

2. They had a variety of times for our spa treatments. We choose the couples massage for on the ship, and I'm getting a pedicure/foot massage.

We were NOT able to make our excursion ressies. They have a computer error for these...probably a glitch they need to work out.

I will try again later. If not, I will make them via phone in the a.m.

Having a really wonderful time! I will write more later. The parade is brilliant with vivid, bright colors and animation...somewhat short in length though IMO.

The girls were tired, they had state tests all this week. So, we came back to the hotel and watched the fireworks from the concierge lounge per their requests. UNBELIEVABLE!!! We had the first seats of the lounge as we asked the concierge the best time to get there to get a good seat (30 minutes prior). One lady came right after and appeared to be PO'd that we got the good seats, lol. They pipe in the music/sound in to the concierge lounge. Brian video-taped it through one of the large sliding glass windows which they open for the show. The fireworks are spread out over a wide area, so some fireworks were cropped - still nice. The colors are a bit washed out. Personally, I'd wait to watch this until after you see it in person. As we will not be back to concierge, I'm glad we saw it this way. It is an amazing fireworks show, you will be very pleased.

I must get some sleep.

Good night SOF friends. Val, Donna, and Howard - good to chat with you tonight. Donna, we hope it works out for you and Lindsay to join us for swimming at the Neverland Pool tomorrow. Howard, sorry you have to work, wish you could join us too!

PS Every ressie has your confirmation number plus another 8 digit confirmation with it. I wrote these down as we do not have a printer with us. They do provide a cruise plans summary which I was able to copy, paste, and save to WORD. So, you will get a hard copy to print/save, and this feels good! Oh yes, I also signed up our dd for her club/lab. Easy, easy, easy. You can only make one at a time, complete the transaction, then go back. I could not do anything with my wish list saved items. I thought prior that all I'd have to do is click on these and I would have them reserved. I think that is their intention in the future, but they are not there yet.

PS I tried again just for the heck of it, and still no luck for excursions. Here is the error message: (Val, times for calling are included FYI per your request, ;) )

"We're having a problem with our reservation system that will prevent you from booking your vacation package or retrieving your reservation right now. We're sorry for any inconvenience. Please call your travel agent or call (800) 951-3532 weekdays 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. ET or weekends 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET and our agents will gladly assist you with all your Disney Cruise Line vacation planning needs.

Status Code: 500"

Robinmarie said:
Posted by RobinMarie
Can I get an AMEN?
mississaugamom said:

Uhhhh...DAN...are you behind this AMEN bit????? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well Good morning friends! I am up now at 5 am and catch up reading on Dis. here.
WHEW!!!

lthouseprincess : I will send Keyleigh Brianne's e mail address.

Amanda: Addison is SOOOO CUTE!!! Can't wait to meet her.

Tracy: Glad your mom is recovering well!! Don't want any more bad news here.

Barbara: Hope you haveing a GREAT TIME in DISNEYLAND!!! I am jealous!!

Nancy: what with the Pin situation?? I can't believe Disney would do that!! Why do i get the feeling that May cruise is more important than the Aug. Cruise. That is soooo wrong!!! :sad2:

Marsha: Have fun in Clearwater!!!! Watch out for Jason and Travis!!! :rotfl2:

Val: Sorry i missed you on chat. I was on for little while last night.

Speaking of May Cruise, i can't believe they are leaving in 1 week!!!! WOW!!!
On my countdown timer, i am leaving in 95 days!! WOO HOO!!!

AND...for the BIG NEWS....Looks like my FIL is GOING!!!!! :banana: in fact, he is going the whole trip with us. He is very excited but yet, still feels down.
He liked the idea of crossing the panama on his 70th birthday!! I should get a confirm Yes today from him. He was very overwhelmed when we surprised him with this news. Of course, he still going thru the grief but is holding up good. We told him, he will never get over his wife death but he did admit that Mom would want him to go on cruise.

Izzibob, Thanks for looking into the bus situation, but we decieded to get 2 rental SUV's instead of 1 minivan since there will be 7 of us now, and I am not going to pile up in a minivan with 7 people!! YIKES!!!

Oh Renee, can you make another one of the Fools' tag for my FIL???

and i will admit.....I do miss the LOONS here!!! (and the sisterhood too, of course)

I had no problem getting into the DCL ressies on website. whew!! Now, i reallly got to get moving to do excursions. :earseek:

Ok, going back to bed to sleep a lil longer even though it is getting light out.

Later, Mel

Mel, don't forget to send me his actual birthday so that I can add it to the onboard celebrations! Glad your FIL will be joining us.

Mel, so happy your FIL will be joining us. It might dull the pain of a first birthday without her to have supportive friends and family around.

I did get an auto response to my e-mail to DCL. Now I am waiting for the real answer.

Barbara: hope the girls are having an amazing time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

I think I need some shopping help from the sisterhood. I saw a dress in a window at the mall. DH said go in and try it on and proceeded to buy it for me. I never ever pay full price so now I feel guilty (but the dress is cute, and will take up no room in the suitcase)

Dee

eye R.N. said:
I think I need some shopping help from the sisterhood. I saw a dress in a window at the mall. DH said go in and try it on and proceeded to buy it for me. I never ever pay full price so now I feel guilty (but the dress is cute, and will take up no room in the suitcase)

Dee

No problem - you must wear it at least twice on the cruise to ensure you are getting the most value from his purchase.

For those with lanyards:

I was looking at a site that sells card holders and plastic clips to attach them to lanyards. I have visions of DD losing her card if I attach it to the lanyard with ribbon. The cost was quite reasonable if I order in 100 lots (.05 for the clip and another .20 for the card holder) the site is lanyardsupply.com and the site for the card hold is
http://www.lanyardsupply.com/mh/ik/business-card-badge-holders-bh606-skm.htm

Is anybody intereted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter