August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok--finally was able to retrieve the info using HEATHER'S b.day!!(I tried it since the CM said her's was in the system correct initially!). Once I had the ressie in front of me--it did have our updated b.days, though. Who know's?? Now I need to "map out" all I want to do. Can't wait!

And the UPS man just delivered our new Dell computer!!

Check out the new design of the Disney Visa card.

http://www.cardweb.com/cardtrak/news/2005/may/6a.html

I just called and was told I will get them in about 5 days. Someone else called and was told they won't be out until next month. So maybe I'll get them next week or maybe I'll get the red ones and have to call back next month.

We can't even get the same story from the credit card company. Looks like that's a Disney thing in general.

Since we have never cruised before and now with the new system we cant book until 75 days out for excursions. Has anyone had any experience with NOT getting the excursion they want and have any suggestions as to what to do about it? We are a little nervous about booking outside of disney but feel now that we may have no choice, I cant imagine having to tell my kids that all the excursions are unavailable? :sad2:

Thanks for any help you can offer
Pauline

piglet33 said:
Check out the new design of the Disney Visa card.

http://www.cardweb.com/cardtrak/news/2005/may/6a.html

I just called and was told I will get them in about 5 days. Someone else called and was told they won't be out until next month. So maybe I'll get them next week or maybe I'll get the red ones and have to call back next month.

We can't even get the same story from the credit card company. Looks like that's a Disney thing in general.

Hey thanks great news for card holders!

1. "Disney and Me" - a daily cardholder-exclusive "Character Meet and Greet" experience with keepsake photo

2. "More for Less" - 10% discount at select dining locations and merchandise purchases of $50 or more at Disneyland park, Disney's California Adventure park and the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort;

3. "Calling All Collectors" - access to the limited edition, commemorative 50th anniversary Disney's VISA Card design featuring Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disneyland park; and

4. "Strolling Along Main Street" - a free stroller rental to carry around the littlest Disney fans.

Chase, the card's issuer and Disney say they plan to announce special benefits for Disney World later.

Also, for the first time, cardholders can choose from five exciting card designs featuring beloved Disney characters and scenes, including Vintage Mickey, Mickey and Friends, Bambi and Pixie Dust, as well as the limited edition "Happiest Celebration On Earth" 50th anniversary card.

For more information visit: http://disney.go.com/visa/disneyland50th/

pclare said:
Since we have never cruised before and now with the new system we cant book until 75 days out for excursions. Has anyone had any experience with NOT getting the excursion they want and have any suggestions as to what to do about it? We are a little nervous about booking outside of disney but feel now that we may have no choice, I cant imagine having to tell my kids that all the excursions are unavailable? :sad2:

Thanks for any help you can offer
Pauline

Pauline it all depends on the excursion. With this being a kind of one off cruise I don't think any of us know what may be taken, and what will be available after the intial rush.
If you go to the other site you can see some excursions that some of us have arranged. We're doing them as a group, and I don't think there is much risk in booking these. Some are the Jet Boat and Rafting in Acapulco as well as the Night cliff divers. ATV's in Cabo San Lucas, The aquarium in Curacao. Anything on Castaway Cay is going to be only through DCL though.
Take a look at the stuff on 3C's site.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Cool cards, Renee!

I really like the one with the full sized Mickey on it. So, are only new applicants getting the new cards or can current card holders get them too?

Pauline--

Personally, I don't think you'll have any problems getting the excursions you want. I've always booked excursions online (by e-mail) with DCL in the past and have waited until 60 days out or less. I don't think I've ever encountered an excursion that I wanted but couldn't get. (Of course that's not to say it doesn't happen!)

Once we waited until the day of the port to book excursions onboard and the pickings were pretty slim. But, I think we still managed to find something we wanted to do.

And, even in the worst case scenario that you can't get anything, there's always tons of individuals at the docks that will offer excursion deals. We've done this as well and have been pleased. In Cozumel we booked passage on a glass-bottom boat with stops for snorkeling. Ended up costing us $25 or so per person but it was a lot of fun. They even provided you with the compulsory beers!

kmiles said:
Cool cards, Renee!

I really like the one with the full sized Mickey on it. So, are only new applicants getting the new cards or can current card holders get them too?

Anyone can get them. You just have to call up and ask for them. I asked for the 50th Anniversary Castle card and she knew exactly what I was talking about. Amazing, isn't it?

I also am curious if the new designs are only for new applicants....I hope not!!! Hubby has a separate Disney Visa Account from me so that means if we can have 2 different designs (I keep both in my wallet anyway).

I guess we would have to call and ask which card design we would like (if they offer this to current card holders and not just new applicants).

As a side note...for any of you moms with young children (say under 9 or so)....if you think you get off the hook when you kids get to high school with bringing cupcakes to school for their birthday....think again!!! My youngest DD just turned 17 today and asked if I could possibly bring cupcakes to her school this afternoon. Of course I obliged!!! She is so stressed with the SAT's tomorrow that I gladly brought them to cheer her up and make her day more special!!!

We had a great dinner last night at Mt. Fuji Japanese Steakhouse (where they cook in front of you).

Grumbo said:
Hey Scratch you see all those fantastic CC designs you CAN'T have???? :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Cheers,
Grumbo

With Fingers In Ears!

I'm not listening! I'm not listening! I'm not listening!

:sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

:mad: :mad:

WAAAA!

Anywhoooooooo........

I have officially paid my cruise in full!

:p :p :p

Now I can make all my ressies tomorrow!

Scratch
:earboy2:

piglet33 said:
Anyone can get them. You just have to call up and ask for them. I asked for the 50th Anniversary Castle card and she knew exactly what I was talking about. Amazing, isn't it?

Alas Poor Scratch can't... :rotfl:
Maybe you could give her yours Renne ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

mmouse37 said:
As a side note...for any of you moms with young children (say under 9 or so)....if you think you get off the hook when you kids get to high school with bringing cupcakes to school for their birthday....think again!!! My youngest DD just turned 17 today and asked if I could possibly bring cupcakes to her school this afternoon. Of course I obliged!!! She is so stressed with the SAT's tomorrow that I gladly brought them to cheer her up and make her day more special!!!

Giggled as I read this since today is my DD 6th Birthday and yesterday was my DS 11th. Cupcakes for all was the motto this week! My DD14 reminded me that her birthday is just after we get off the cruise and cupcakes are still "cool" even in highschool. Guess I can take a hint!

Pauline

mmouse37 said:
I also am curious if the new designs are only for new applicants....I hope not!!! Hubby has a separate Disney Visa Account from me so that means if we can have 2 different designs (I keep both in my wallet anyway).

I guess we would have to call and ask which card design we would like (if they offer this to current card holders and not just new applicants).

It doesn't matter if you're a new applicant or have an existing account, you can get the new cards. Of course this may change, but that's what they say now. I'm an existing cardholder and am supposed to get the new castle card in about 5 days. I'll post when I get them.

Since Izzinmac pointed out that an earlier DIS-group had a problem trying to book a large group for High Tea at Palo's, I have a favour to ask of anyone who can start booking tomorrow (REAS or Concierge guests).

PLEASE BOOK HIGH TEA FOR FRIDAY, AUGUST 26 FOR AS LARGE A PARTY AS POSSIBLE! :cloud9:

Many westbounders were booking tables of 5-6 for Tea and then posting for companions to join them. We'll work the opposite direction - We've got the people; we just need all the seats on the same day! :rotfl2:

Please PM me to let me know if you're able to get Tea ressies for FRIDAY, AUGUST 26.

Thanks so much!

Arlene

Just thought I'd pop in real fast and say "I'm not dead" (yet) :goodvibes

I'm up to the eyeballs in alligators right now :rolleyes: We close escrow Monday (yippeee!!), we get our keys Tuesday, we move in Saturday (05/14 - the day the Magic leaves FL). We still have packing to finish. Because of some silly 14 night cruise ;) I don't have any vacation left to take off any time this week to pack/move. The stress level is "up there." And of course work is driving me nuts, not to mention the home based business (travel agent) is picking up (okay, so that falls into the "good" column), and have I mentioned I haven't finished packing yet??? And of course I realize TODAY that I'll be able to book excursions, spa appointments and Palo ressies in 2 weeks (as a CC member) :earseek: I ain't ready for that - no clue what I want, what days I want it, I'm about ready to :badpc: :teeth:

For those of you sending me payments for the pins & medallions - I am getting them (a couple a day) but I'm so swamped with moving that I just don't have the time to email anyone right now to confirm payment receipt. And if this happens :badpc: of course I won't be able to email anyone. :rotfl2: But if you want to email me, I can respond quickly with a "yes/no" on if I got your payment or not.

Never fear though, you have until May 31st (3 1/2 weeks) to get your payment to me (at least the PO BOX mailing address won't change with the move). We'll be ordering the pins/medallions in early June, expecting to have them in hand by the end of June. That way if there are any "issues" with them (like I had with the May pins :rolleyes: ) I have plenty of time to get the pins remade (and would have them by the end of July). The "grand plan" is to mail out pins/medallions in July (for those of you paying for shipping).

I called Debbie at Ressie and here's the deal:

105 days out -- If you have concierge service or purchased the REAS package. If you bought a REAS package, you can make ressies without your cruise balance having to be paid off.

90 days out -- if you are a Castaway Cay Club Member (returning cruiser). However, once again, you can only take advantage of this timeline if your cruise balance is paid in full.

75 days out -- all others who have paid their cruise off. However , when some of us made our reservations last year, they will still under the 60-day out due date. If you are waiting until June to make that final payment, then you cannot take advantage of the above timeline unless your cruise balance is paid in full.

Hope that isn't too confusing! :rolleyes:

Cathy

pampat said:
Nancy, sounds like one beautiful frock. I can't wait to see everyone dressed up in their finery. I love formal nights. On our last Magic cruise, on semi-formal night two of our dining table companions turned up in very, very casual clothes. They obviously felt uncomfortable and didn't linger over dinner, but the next formal night they turned up dressed to the nines! I guess first time out, people don't know how formal to go. The glitzier the better, I think! I tak any opportunity to go over the top! princess:

Pam
The idea of formal night is super exciting to us because we have never done one!

You see, we have done two 3-night and two 4-night Wonder cruises, but have never been on the Magic. So we (okay me) are totaly psyched for getting dolled up in full-length gowns and tuxes!! I can't wait!! princess:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter