August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here is something really freaky...........................DH went out this morning to do a couple of things and came back with a dollar bill stamped wheresgeorge.com. I went there and entered the bill's serial number. The only other entry is from Clearwater, Florida, exactly where we are going tomorrow. How weird is that?

mickeyfan1 said:
OK, here is something really freaky...........................DH went out this morning to do a couple of things and came back with a dollar bill stamped wheresgeorge.com. I went there and entered the bill's serial number. The only other entry is from Clearwater, Florida, exactly where we are going tomorrow. How weird is that?

Looking_anim.gif

Bring him home, Mama!

Kathy - we got the SD500 and love it. Its very small and very easy to use.
I got 2 - 512MB SD cards from Dell.com. They were Kingston brand -were on sale for $35 each and then $15 rebate on each so basically 1Gig of memory for $40 - great deal!!!

I still need to get an extra battery.

Keep your fingers crossed for DH (Bob) today. He is in Florida today on his way to his interview. Hopefully they will realize what a great catch he his just like I did 13 years ago - LOL!!!

Thanks for the info everyone!

Keeping my fingers crossed for Bob's interview.

QUESTION ABOUT CASTAWAY CAY CLUB #

Does your status as a CC member show up on your reservation detail page, or only on your profile page? My number is listed on the profile page, but nothing is said on my reservation page about being a CC member. My only concern is that when the 90 mark comes up for CC members to make ressies, the system may not let me. I did call and they said I shouldn't have a problem because it shows on their system.

Here is the news I received about reservations. If you have booked a REAS package you get to make ALL your reservations @ 105 days which is May 7th. Castaway Club members make reservations at 90 days (May 22). You can do everything online! Once you have gotten into their system and Go to MY Cruise Plans area the ability to make your PS arrangements will become available. I will let you know tomorrow if this is true!

Anyway, go to each category Excursions, Palos, Spa ETC. and pick what you want. Dinner time, brunch, high tea. Size of table, etc. She said for Palo's it will only allow you one reservation per meal (IE. dinner, brunch, high tea). You will submit everything and they will confirm it with you online. Sounds too cool! We will see how it works!

If you have any troubles call them 1-800-951-3532

This could really free up the first day to relax and enjoy!

I asked about Formal nights, etc. She said they don't know which days. It is up to the captain to set those days. Not much help there!

Perdita&Pongo said:
Well, since you asked: ;)

It is pale pink/dusty rose silk, full length with a slit up the back, sleeveless, gentle tone-on-tone embroidery & beading on the bodice, and it has a long 2-layer silk organza wrap that has the same embroidery & beaded toward the ends.

Not as cheap as the $27 one I found, but almost as good: originally $228, marked $74 and then 50% off of that, so it was $37. :cloud9:

Nancy, sounds like one beautiful frock. I can't wait to see everyone dressed up in their finery. I love formal nights. On our last Magic cruise, on semi-formal night two of our dining table companions turned up in very, very casual clothes. They obviously felt uncomfortable and didn't linger over dinner, but the next formal night they turned up dressed to the nines! I guess first time out, people don't know how formal to go. The glitzier the better, I think! I tak any opportunity to go over the top! princess:

Pam

Mom2Belle&PeterPan said:
:
Pam, glad you are out of bed! Have you tried the homedic handheld back/neck massagers? They are a godsend. Feel better soon all the way!

Barbara, thanks for your good wishes. Over the years I've tried all sorts. Generally my back is fine, but just occasionally....ooops, there it goes again! It all stems from when I was 22 when I slipped a disk and now have the weakness. I also have spondylosis in my neck, which fortunately, doesn't bother me much at all. That gave me hell for years, but I seem to be 'in remission' with that! Of course, all my own fault - I've been given exercises to do, which I should do, every day, but of course, when I feel well I don't bother, which then leads to stiffness and lack of mobility and......oooops, there it goes again! Vicious circle of all my own doing.

Pam

winotracy said:
I'm back from the hospital. Thanks Nancy for posting for me. Mom is doing well. They found two blockages (90% and 95%) in her heart. They were able to put stents in and there is no damage to her heart :flower: . She still has a problem with an artery in her arm, but they didn't want to do anymore with this one procedure (and the surgeon she had only does the heart) so she'll have to go back in a couple weeks for that one. Mom kicked us out of the hospital this afternoon and we'll pick her up and bring her home tomorrow. Her dog and Bill went home to my house today for a couple days (that's the only way we can keep mom from driving, take away the car!). Thank you so much for all the pixie dust, prayers and support. I truly appreciate it all!

:grouphug: Tracy

Tracy, so nice to hear good news for a change. Glad the stents worked. My Dad has had this done twice to relieve his angina and twice it has not worked. So good for your Mum.

Pam

invaderzim said:
QUESTION ABOUT CASTAWAY CAY CLUB #

Does your status as a CC member show up on your reservation detail page, or only on your profile page? My number is listed on the profile page, but nothing is said on my reservation page about being a CC member. My only concern is that when the 90 mark comes up for CC members to make ressies, the system may not let me. I did call and they said I shouldn't have a problem because it shows on their system.

My ressie up until they changed their site had Castaway Club on the ressie.

Now No mention, but I did have to put the # in. I was hoping that it would show up again after I updated my profile but as of yet has not.

I hope it's just them trying to get the bugs out!

Scratch
pirate:

rsschneck said:
Here is the news I received about reservations. If you have booked a REAS package you get to make ALL your reservations @ 105 days which is May 7th. Castaway Club members make reservations at 90 days (May 22). You can do everything online! Once you have gotten into their system and Go to MY Cruise Plans area the ability to make your PS arrangements will become available. I will let you know tomorrow if this is true!

Anyway, go to each category Excursions, Palos, Spa ETC. and pick what you want. Dinner time, brunch, high tea. Size of table, etc. She said for Palo's it will only allow you one reservation per meal (IE. dinner, brunch, high tea). You will submit everything and they will confirm it with you online. Sounds too cool! We will see how it works!

If you have any troubles call them 1-800-951-3532

This could really free up the first day to relax and enjoy!

I asked about Formal nights, etc. She said they don't know which days. It is up to the captain to set those days. Not much help there!

One Question ~ Does you have to have payment in full do this?

Scratch
pirate:

Scratch42 said:
One Question ~ Does you have to have payment in full do this?

Scratch
pirate:

I'm pretty sure that you have to be paid in full in order to start making reservations for any shipboard services. So, even if one is a Castaway Club member but doesn't pay in full until 60 days out, then they wouldn't be able to start making reservations until then. At least that's how I would assume it would work.

My daughter Keyleigh has been e-mailing some of the girls: samantha, Megan, Bree and Rachel. Our computer crashed 2 months ago and we lost all of their e-mails. we are getting her set up tomorrow with a new AOL e-mail but We need the girls e-mail. Can you PM me the -emails and Key will touch base with them all this weekend!!!

She has been going crazy but formatting the computer at home was not high on my list!!

Scratch42 said:
My ressie up until they changed their site had Castaway Club on the ressie.

Now No mention, but I did have to put the # in. I was hoping that it would show up again after I updated my profile but as of yet has not.

I hope it's just them trying to get the bugs out!

Scratch
pirate:

This happened to me too. I put my CC # in my profile yesterday and even picked the excursions I wanted and saved them to my wish list, and today neither were there so I had to do it all over again.

piglet33 said:
This happened to me too. I put my CC # in my profile yesterday and even picked the excursions I wanted and saved them to my wish list, and today neither were there so I had to do it all over again.

The two excursions that I put in at least is still in my wish list!

Won't do me any good until I pay in full though!

Scratch
pirate:

Well at lest the majority of y'all can even access your ressie!!!
When I log in--it says Welcome Amanda............but then when I put in my DCL res.# and my birthdate-----it kept coming back to that page to have me do it again. So I called DCL's # (800-951-3532) that they listed and the lady was so nice. But the computer had my b.day as 1/1/1965 (10 years older than I am), Addison's as 1/1/2003........and my friend Heather's was accurate. They also had a diff. CC# than what my card had (but the only card I ever received had Shawn Amanda Gasser for the name--so this number may be Shawn's). Either way she said it notes I am a CC memeber so that's no problem. She fixed my birthdate and addison's too. TOld me I should be able to access it now--but as of now--still can't. And I'm PAID IN FULL so I want to be able to access it come MAy 22nd!!!!!!
I'll give it a few hours--then I am calling back!!!!!

I think many of the problems people are encountering with the DCL reservatiuon program are not new. Even when they did things the old way, over the phone, I had some similar mistakes appear on my reservations.

For some reason, they always changed our home phone number. I would attempt to log into the old DCL site to check the reservation and it would come up that the phone number was incorrect. I would call DCL and they would have some odd number I had never heard of before in my life.

:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter