August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Barbara!!!

Today, after arriving home from work, I noticed that we had received some very special pixie dust all the way from California! Everything is awesome Barbara and so very much appreciated! My very first antenna topper from Disneyland! And the pin is magnificent!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back from the hospital. Thanks Nancy for posting for me. Mom is doing well. They found two blockages (90% and 95%) in her heart. They were able to put stents in and there is no damage to her heart :flower: . She still has a problem with an artery in her arm, but they didn't want to do anymore with this one procedure (and the surgeon she had only does the heart) so she'll have to go back in a couple weeks for that one. Mom kicked us out of the hospital this afternoon and we'll pick her up and bring her home tomorrow. Her dog and Bill went home to my house today for a couple days (that's the only way we can keep mom from driving, take away the car!). Thank you so much for all the pixie dust, prayers and support. I truly appreciate it all!

:grouphug: Tracy

RobinMarie said:
I was reading one of those family magazines while waiting for my hair cut today. (you know the type of magazine I'm talking about, the one that is terrible for women's self esteem - one page has 'how to flatten your tummy' while the next has a chocolate cake recipe). I read children up to toddlers up to 5 years old need 10 hours a day including naps. Children 5-8 need 9 hours a night. Interesting to find it being talked about here.

This makes me feel better, Robin cause the Dr. whose book I read says approx. 14 hours (including naps) for Addison's age. Thus I find myself stressed out as if I'm a bad mother if she only gets 12-ish. She probably averages 13.

winotracy said:
I'm back from the hospital. Thanks Nancy for posting for me. Mom is doing well. They found two blockages (90% and 95%) in her heart. They were able to put stents in and there is no damage to her heart :flower: . She still has a problem with an artery in her arm, but they didn't want to do anymore with this one procedure (and the surgeon she had only does the heart) so she'll have to go back in a couple weeks for that one. Mom kicked us out of the hospital this afternoon and we'll pick her up and bring her home tomorrow. Her dog and Bill went home to my house today for a couple days (that's the only way we can keep mom from driving, take away the car!). Thank you so much for all the pixie dust, prayers and support. I truly appreciate it all!

Thanks for the update Tracy, happy to hear that things are going well for your mom and that she will be coming home tomorrow!!!

Luv2Dream said:
Mary has been a consistent 9-10 hour a night sleeper for her entire life. Unfortunately, she responds best to an early bedtime and an early rise time. I've tried to get her to stay up until 10 and she still gets up in the morning at 6ish. Eventually, she's just whiny and easily cries. It's just not worth it to me. So, we stick to what works for her, even if it interrupts our plans. Thus, on the cruise, you'll see just one of us each night. One will be in the room with her, the other out to Party with the Fools!

I'm there with you, Lynn. I've decided I will let her stay up for deck parties (if she makes it) but other than that--it will be between me and my best friend trading off staying with her. Probably almost always me--unless Heather is tired one night. We are still waitlisted for Early dinner and if we don't get it--we'll be eating at Topsiders every night (but I've heard it's fairly easy to get switched once on board especially since izzi has early).

winotracy said:

Glad to hear some good news, Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!

Great News Tracy thanks for keeping us updated.

Teen driving is a cause near and dear to my heart. The 5K I ran in last week was in honor of a 16 yr. old girl killed by another teens bad driving and poor judgement. I have some great information for anyone who's kids are at that age.

Good News My sister and family will be boarding the Magic Saturday to celebrate my nephew's five years in remission. The upgrade fairies were kind to them so this should be a great trip.

As for me the paypal account is looking very healthy after last weeks spring cleaning of the pin collection. It will probably all go to different pins on the cruise. Oh well as long as I can read Harry Potter while waiting in line it's all good :flower:

kmiles said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you Barbara!!!

Today, after arriving home from work, I noticed that we had received some very special pixie dust all the way from California! Everything is awesome Barbara and so very much appreciated! My very first antenna topper from Disneyland! And the pin is magnificent!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey That is great News ...........

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :wizard:

Tracy--

Very glad to hear that Mom is doing much better!

All--

All the information regarding Pam's polo shirt is now up and running in The Navigator.

Barbara!!! Thank you so very much!! Bill just got home and got your package. I allowed him to open it :rotfl2:

It all sounds wonderful! I can wait to see it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I can't wait to see you too on May 26!!

Tracy

:cat:

Amanda, sounds like she is pretty much the normal 2 year old. They are really good at testing their parents. I swear their favorite word really is NO. They don't call them the terrible twos for nothing. Just remember that some day she will be going thru the same thing with one of her own. Then you can smile and say " She, or he is just like you were." Mothers have been using that line for centuries.
As for patting or rubbing them, we routinely use that method in the day care centers. Some kids go to sleep right away and some just need a little push in the right direction.

Tracy what great news on your Mom. Sending pixie dust and prayers that all goes well with her arm.

Estelle :earsgirl:

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Tracy,

So glad your Mom is doing good. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Haley just saw the picture of Addison. She wanted to say hello to her and told me she wants to be her friend, lol. When we drop her off at Flounders hopefully she'll feel that way so it will make things easier.

Haley's favorite phrase is "no, not me". The problem is she says it so cute that it's hard not to smile when she says it.

I saw this on the souvenier drink glasses thread on the main cruise board, and I thought of our group.

Mousetaineer said:
We wanted the glasses and got drinks of the day on deck with the special glasses - one alcoholic and one not, no problem. However, we got plastic ones and the ones my sister got in the restaurant were glass. The price was the same. When I asked our head server about that in the evening he "found" us a couple of glass ones. We had heard on here that if you get the glass early in the trip, you could get other drinks of the day for the $3.50 in the glass that holds more. A bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter